Valerie is a Fairy-type Gym Leader of the Kalos region and leader of the Laverre City Gym has designed her Gym to be like a doll house, befitting of Fairy Pokémon.
Valerie has long black hair that reaches her knees, her eyes are wide and in the color of purplish-gray. She also wears purple hairclips slightly resembling the ears of an Audino and string-like tendrils, as well as a purple choker. Her outfit resembles a stylized kimono spliced with a gothic-lolita style. The sleeves bear the resemblance to butterfly wings with pink, mist-like patterns followed by a yellowish-cream color and tipped with black. She wears a pale yellow corset intertwined with purple strings and lined with butterfly patterns with strings. She also wears a short, puffy skirt with the color of pale purple, pink, and black with frilly ends. Finally, her outfit is completed with black socks with renaissance flairs on the top, and black high heels with bright pink soles and ribbons.
She speaks formally and with words full of wisdom.
She can talk to her Pokémon.
Valerie is the Gym Leader of Laverre City of the Kalos Region. Her speciality is Fairy Type Pokemon. She uses Mawile, Mr. Mime and Sylveon in her Gym battle. She gives the Fairy Badge to the players who defeat her. She can be re-battled in the Battle Chateau where she uses Mawile and Sylveon only.
- Main article: Valerie (Adventures)
- Main article: Valerie (anime)
|This section is completely EMPTY!|
Please help the Pokémon Wiki by expanding it.
|Lv. 38||♀||Lv. 38||♀||Lv. 42||♂||Lv. ?||-||Lv. ?||-||Lv. ?||-|
|Ability: Hyper Cutter||Ability: Soundproof||Ability: Cute Charm||Ability: Unknown||Ability: Unknown||Ability: Unknown|
|Item: None||Item: None||Item: None||Item: ?||Item: ?||Item: ?|
|Feint Attack||Light Screen||Swift||-||-||-|
|-||Dazzling Gleam||Dazzling Gleam||-||-||-|
|Lv. 40-50 50-70||♀||Lv. 40-50 50-70||♂||Lv. ?||-||Lv. ?||-||Lv. ?||-||Lv. ?||-|
|Ability: Hyper Cutter||Ability: Cute Charm||Ability: Unknown||Ability: Unknown||Ability: Unknown||Ability: Unknown|
|Item: None||Item: None||Item: ?||Item: ?||Item: ?||Item: ?|
|Play Rough||Draining Kiss||-||-||-||-|
- Valerie is similar to Johto's Jasmine as they are both Gym Leaders who are specialists in a type first introduced in their generation, with Jasmine being a specialist of the Steel type and Valerie being a specialist of the Fairy type.
- Coincidentally, Jasmine and Valerie are both female and the sixth leader of their region.
- She is the second Gym Leader to wear an outfit of Japanese origin, with Kanto's Erika being first. The TV show Gym Freaks states that her outfit weighs 33 pounds and causes confusion as to how she can hold Poké Balls as her arms are completely hidden by the wing-like part of her outfit.
- In the game it states that she came from Johto. According to Gym Freaks, Valerie used to be a model before becoming a Gym Leader and as such can wear incredibly high heels. This makes Valerie is the second female Gym Leader to have had a modeling career, with Unova's Elesa being the first.
- Johto is based on the Japanese Kyoto region. She has a Kyoto dialect in the Japanese version of the anime, and so do other characters from Johto.
- In Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire, a Fairy Tale Girl near the home of the Berry Master is close friends with Valerie, even referring Valerie with an intimate name.
- Valerie's name is likely derived from "faerie," an alternate spelling of "fairy" often used to sound more antiquated or fantastical. Māshu, her Japanese name, may come from 魔法 (mahō, magic) or the French "mâche" (an edible plant called lamb's lettuce or raiponce, which plays a pivotal role in the fairy tale Rapunzel).
|Kalos Gym Leaders|