Re:New Wiki Manager
firstly, I do remember there is a MediaWiki page, which stores all css files. Do you remember which one it is? I tried to search for it but found nothing.
Also, I have stumbled upon a number of MediaWiki pages. Those that are based on Chat have been deleted (as chat feature has been disabled for a long time). I'm fairly sure there are more of them that are unused, do you think these can be deleted? These must be obsolete ones.
- External image whitelist
- OK, thanks! Most of these have been made before I even joined the site years ago. Energy X 12:46, July 27, 2020 (UTC)
Hey there, I would like some expert knowledge. Is there some sort of list of people that hold user rights (content mod, admin, etc.)? This is just to color their usernames automatically, instead of having to update this page every time someone gains or loses user rights. Energy X 19:38, July 31, 2020 (UTC)
- One more thing, how do I place the "Rollback" tag on people with rollback rights, by using MediaWiki pages? Energy X 20:03, July 31, 2020 (UTC)
Since I've been told that the merge with the Gamepedia site will come soon enough, could you offer any advice on this?
And just how will the merge go? This was a site that has been split from this one ages ago, and some of their articles overlap ours. This one, for example, is very outdated, while ours is not. Here the article is shorter than ours, yet has the Errors section that we could really use. Or even this, an article that is named here as RGB001: A Glimpse of the Glow. Energy X 19:43, August 25, 2020 (UTC)
- Exactly. Will do that, then. I'm guessing the rest of the pages (like policies or features) is just up to debate? Energy X 14:18, August 27, 2020 (UTC)
Well, it was more of an assumption that anything else. I did see that a lot of content from one of the sites on Gampedia called The Vault being transferred to the site on Fandom, named Nukapedia. It was reasonable enough that same could apply for this site. If anything, I've seen these two messages to say it is time to act and prepare ourselves. Energy X 17:13, September 1, 2020 (UTC)
- To be fair, nearly every article that existed during the split of 2012 has remained there unchanged. It's quite frustrating, really, when one can remember how people were very vocal how they'd flourish there, feeling that they were restrained by Wikia's terms and rules. Yet in the end they made no real changes; the only articles of some worth there are about X & Y games. But at least it was nice that they had some rules that we imported here, for we did apply them but were not written out - in detail. Energy X 20:14, September 2, 2020 (UTC)
- Well, not at this point. At very least we could review those new articles and import the content. But I doubt they have anything spectacular that we don't have. In any way, I could inform you when we can say that we have imported the important content to this site. Energy X 20:43, September 2, 2020 (UTC)