Pokémon Card Game
It appears many of those are copied, yes. They have most of the same names as Bulb, but there's one I checked I was unable to verify because the dimensions and file size are different. Although the name is the same as Bulb, so it could be a screenshot or the image size shrunken or posted elsewhere. For example:
Alright. If you are still missing some information (aside from the image), just tag them with the TCG stub template and I will try to add the missing information to the article. I am not sure though if I can help much with japanese names for the trainers since that's something the site doesn't really cover. If there is something else you have questions about (like with two Goldeen), let me know as well. I might be able to help out.--Lordranged7 (talk) 21:14, October 6, 2017 (UTC)
- Yeah, I realized it was linking to my page instead. Also, I'm thinking about just changing the epicodes on the image file names linked on the Chronicles episode pages first and renaming it afterward. Even though they'll leave broken links, it is temporary until they are moved to the proper names and unlike Bulb's cache update issues, it updates automatically here. I'm doing it this way because it is more quicker and it's less likely to make me more lazy since all the links will have already been changed beforehand. PokémonGamer* 23:23, October 6, 2017 (UTC)
Could you please clean up the mess that I just created? The first image that I uploaded for Ryu, delete it. The second one named Ryu Tendo-0 should be changed to Ryu Tendo only. Lastly, Could you remove the category that has Pokemon instead of 'Pokémon' in Ryu's Chimchar's image?
Thanking you in advance,
Should have that done quickly since it only has 59 cards (unlike the other big sets). Can't get the images since the site doesn't have any yet but should be able to fill up the pages with information.--Lordranged7 (talk) 19:42, October 7, 2017 (UTC)
The GXs from Shining Legends (and other sets with GXs and EXs (mostly from XY series on) have multiple cards with the same name, same move(s) but with different different set numbers and artwork. Do you want them on the same page or seperate pages? I am fine with either of two options, so I am asking your opinion.--Lordranged7 (talk) 13:33, October 8, 2017 (UTC)
Alright. Altough, the Sun and Moon sets have Pokémon with 3 cards with everything the same except artwork and number. Can that be fixed as well with the template?--Lordranged7 (talk) 13:59, October 8, 2017 (UTC)
Alright, thanks! It is beyond me as well, they might as well have increase them if this continues. I did mean that they have 3 the same cards in the same set (not sure if I emphasized that enough, not wanting to have a misunderstanding).--Lordranged7 (talk) 14:10, October 8, 2017 (UTC)
Nectaria's comment here contains a red link. Can you correct the link to The Legend of Thunder, Part 1? Even though the user right I have enables the deletion of it, her comment was perfectly okay so I don't want to get rid of it, I just want the red link fixed so it doesn't show up in wanted pages.
I also don't think we should create redirects for obscure terms of old page names that no one will look up. It's true that people may have the old term bookmarked or it may be in search results for a temporary amount of time, but as time passes, it becomes highly out of date, and the people who actually had it bookmarked is a very small minority, and the deletion notice when visiting the page title lists the log including the page name it was moved to. Which is why, even though Wikia's list of common mistakes list that as a common mistake, I don't see it the same way. Gravity Falls Wiki does not make redirects for obscure moved page titles that no one will look up. In comparison, people are actually more likelier to look up and link to episode codes, such as SM005 for SM005: Yo, Ho, Ho! Go, Popplio!, but anything no one would look up or link to is essentially useless as a redirect, and the old page name becomes more obsolete and less conformed with users over the passage of time. Edit: although I think it's okay to use PC redirects since we're also adding those as template listings too. PokémonGamer* 01:39, October 8, 2017 (UTC)
- ...and a problematic user (who's already been blocked before, I'll add) added a fake birth and death year to Nyarth's page. (Update: I've finished renaming every single image, which was the most tedious part of it. Updating the red links will be quick and easy.) PokémonGamer* 01:59, October 8, 2017 (UTC)
RA is probably Rare Ace Spec (Those cards have a special foil pattern, making their rarity Ace Spec), UR is indeed Ultra Rare and RS is probably Rare Secret/Secret Rare (the official numbering of that set is 101 and every card that has a number beyond that number are Rare Secrets/Secret Rares).--Lordranged7 (talk) 18:23, October 8, 2017 (UTC)
Could you add the accented é in place of e in the 'Rockruff- Who's that Pokemon image' that I uploaded?
Discussions image upload
Hey Energy X
I wanted to let you know that we're about to release image upload for Discussions, and Pokémon Wiki be one of the first communities to get it! This is an active Discussions community and so we're interested to see what you think and what both web and mobile app users do with image upload.
The community can tell us here what they like and dislike about the new feature.
All images uploaded to FANDOM are reviewed within 24 hours and so "bad" images won't last too long. Admins and moderators will be able to remove images from posts as well, and of course Annabeth and Percy will be keeping a watchful eye on things. JPG, PNG and GIF will be supported.
- Image upload is now available for web Discussions as well. One of the mods has also set up a drawing contest which is great! I hope some web users and editors participate as well. I am sure there are lots of talented artists in the editing community. -BertH (help forum | blog) 12:17, October 11, 2017 (UTC)
I was actually opposed to splitting the series into Kanto and Jouto until I found the fact that TPCi's official website has official English names for each series. The Kanto portion (from season 1, episode 1 Pokémon - I Choose You! up to 11th episode of season 3 A Rivalry Revival) is named Pokémon the Series: The Beginning and the Jouto portion (from season 3, episode 12 Don't Touch That 'dile to season 6, episode 12 Hoenn Alone!) is named Pokémon the Series: Gold and Silver.
Bulbapedia is proposing all the series pages to be moved to their official English titles.
So yes, what you mentioned a long time ago could work and we can maybe name them by their official English titles. For example:
- Pokémon (Original Series)/The Beginning
- Pokémon (Original Series)/Gold and Silver
Since the original version's numbering as a series has multiple subjective variants depending on the release - on the official Pokémon website, pokemon.co.jp, it's numbered 3 different series for Sekiei/Orange/Jouto leagues, on Amazon it's labeled as two "seasons", with the first season being everything Kanto and the second season being everything Johto. So I think we can have a main page titled Pokémon (Original Series) but split those into sub pages and rename all the other series to their official English titles (rather than fan-made estimates based on the Japanese titles).
I've also been thinking of listing episodes primarily by their series and not dub season, but the only opposition to that is that it would require a major revamp of several hundreds of episode articles to account for that. Since the original Japanese version is the primary original version of the series, it's rather unusual for us to be doing something based primarily on the dub. And saying things like "this season started/ended in Japan on [date]" or "an undubbed episode is in this season[...]" are actually inaccurate because the dubbed seasons do not exist in the original.
Doing this would get rid of speculation issues. For example, the iTunes description for Volume 4 (notice it doesn't mention the Satoshi/Hoshigumo meeting, though it mentions Alola however) and the volume number (which has only ever gone up to 4) and the episode number per that volume (which is likely 10, while the others were 11) is indicative that the 20th dub season ends on SM043, but we can't add that yet since it's not confirmed - still, it's highly unlikely it'll last to include SM049 so it's highly likely to be false, but there's too much unclear information about that - even if we're listing it under the latest announced season.
And yeah, even if we started doing this, we could still maybe list the dub seasons alternatively. Like "[episode title] is the [this number] episode of [this series], the [number] episode of season [number], [dub season title] in the English dub". But I think if we started listing it mainly on the series in the original (which is universally applied to every language of the show) rather than the dub (which is only applicable outside of the show's country of origin as well as Asia in general), then we could maybe list season episode lists and season episode numbers by the TV seasons endorsed by TPCi (for example, this) and listing the region 1 DVD seasons by Viz Media as well as the internet-based streaming seasons (used on iTunes, Amazon, Google Play, and Watch Disney XD), which mix between the TPCi and Viz Media seasons, as alternate seasons. We could maybe do "This character appeared in [state English series title]" and use bots to do a lot of the category work to mainly list series and list seasons solely as alternate dub-only episode divisions. Also, I've used AutoWikiBrowser before and it does allow editing of category pages.
For episode lists, it could maybe be named Pokémon (Original Series)/Episodes and follow that sub page format for other series.
It could maybe work like this, for Indigo League's example: "Pokémon: Indigo League is the first season of the English adaptation of the Pokémon anime and is the first season to cover episodes of the original series, and the first season to cover episodes of its first sub-divided The Beginning. It contains 52 episodes.
This season first aired in syndication, and as of The Problem with Paras, on Kids' WB! beginning with Pokémon - I Choose You! which originally aired on September 8, 1998 and ended with The Breeding Center Secret, which originally aired on May 1, 1999. It features the very beginning of the journey with Ash Ketchum and his Pikachu, accompanied by his friends Brock and Misty.
Viz Media alternatively divides this season into the a 79-episode arc, which begins with Pokémon - I Choose You! ends with Friends to the End. Internet-based digital home video versions of this season follow the same season numbering as that which is used by TPCi and region 4 DVDs, which is the production order used for the televised airing of the season."
And do others for "Pokémon the Series: XY (series)/Episodes", "Pokémon the Series: Black and White/Episodes", etc.
The seasons idea has actually been reflected in episode as well. Princess VS Princess, the first episode of season 2 as it aired on television and how it is endorsed by TPCi stopped using Pokérap and started using Pikachu's Jukebox, due to being a new season. The templates for characters and episodes can be made into series-by-series instead of dub season-by-dub season, but then refer to readers to links to the dub season pages (I think we can still use the Chronicles template, since it's a dub-exclusive series division). As opening themes have nothing to do with the produced seasons that are recognized by their television airing, production and by 4Kids/TPCi, nor does the arc/region 1 DVD seasons. Most of this would involve changing every page to expand the information to this, there's hardly any page moving involved. There's no need to worry about confusion, as anyone who is confused by the production format is someone who is confused by the official Pokémon format of English seasons - which have nothing to do with region 1 DVD seasons or opening song, as seasons 2, 4, and 6 had two opening themes officially as they aired on TV.
Notice that if sites like Serebii (which is taken as the Pokémon "bible" among several fans, which me and many others treat as just any other fan site on the internet) were to take steps to list the actual Pokémon seasons, those types of people would take it that way as Serebii has tons of influence on how some believe it as. Bulbapedia lists their episodes primarily by Japanese series but they only in recent years started listing episodes by their production formatted Pokémon seasons rather than the fan-made idea of "seasons".
Likewise, Beauty and the Beach was dubbed and aired twice, yes, but it is not apart of a season, it's only apart of the original series, there's a difference, TPCi does not recognize it as a season 1 episode because it did not air in season 1, it was only dubbed for a special TV airing that only aired twice. The episode pairs are only in the series they fall under (DP/BW/XY), not in a season except for XY141, as the 5 which are undubbed are not officially considered as such - the 5 undubbed ones are just standard episodes apart of the Japanese series run, not a season at all. Episodes that were dubbed for the original US run are the only episodes considered to be in a season, any episode that was not aired in an English-dubbed version (like IL035/IL038) is just apart of a Japanese series. Anything that's been officially revealed in Japanese could belong on the series page, including Japanese exclusive episodes, since the series episodes page could list it based on the Japanese division and the dub seasons pages can list it based on the dub division, and we can maybe wait until dub titles are revealed before adding the season for an episode.
Also, as for the red links on Chronicles, yes, I'm working on getting that dealt with, it's just that I've just gotten past the longest part of all, to rename all 26 episode images and fixing the image links. Fixing the red links scattered on many pages doesn't take nearly as long. PokémonGamer* 02:36, October 11, 2017 (UTC)
- I know, it's just about there being an official English title for it, so I think that could be used if we use official English titles to name most things here that have been released in English. In Japanese, there's no official "series split" besides Amazon Prime's listings of "season 1" and "season 2", there's only separated arcs, making it unclear and generation could be different from series, however the English dub makes it clearer that it is still staying consistent with the generation. We go by amazon.co.jp Prime Video listings anyway so it shouldn't be a problem.
- I won't do anything yet, the only reason I was hesitant to suggest that is because it would be something that would require updating several pages.
- Amazon and other sites that sell them have images of the DVD's on their product listings - it's very easy to find them, although that page does require major expansion and it doesn't yet mention anything about the Japanese rental DVDs which will still need to add. I've actually added the discs 7-9 to the episode list of that old 2008/2009 or whenever it was released DVDs. I only own two box sets: Indigo League arc's season 2 portion and the whole Orange League arc. This is because of the time it takes to be shipped and I'd rather have legal access to every episode conveniently such as by purchasing on iTunes, having it on Hulu, or using Amazon to get them, using Pokémon TV's link trick to watch almost every episode legally for free, etc. (the only way to 'legally', I guess, have the Porygon episode is to find a VHS tape on the internet or just happen to find it from someone who taped it back then, though the quality would be best on a downloaded digital file, that's the only episode I'd rather get illegally, it's crazy that it's still banned by the companies [no, not the government...] to this day rather than modified and re-aired as controversies tend to narrow down over years and become obsolete issues, although I think it would still be possible for them to have dubbed and not released that one, given the details of Eric Stuart explaining it further than Meowth's voice actor did for the dub)
- I guess we can also link to that DVD page on the dub seasons pages if we were to move the episodes to their series lists. In fact the region 1 DVDs are using an alternate format of seasons for seasons 1-6 that do not correspond to the definition of season on television in general at least in America: which refers to the amount of episodes produced for a year's batch for an airing on television - the arc, opening, and Viz Media season division has nothing to do with the main seasons used by TPCi, TV production, licensing, etc. and saying any undubbed episode or IL018 is in a season is inaccurate as well, as that's not officially the case. In American television usually, they can purchase a multi-year run for a certain amount of episodes, but in this case they are produced year-by-year. Yes, Viz Media considers full episode arcs as "seasons", yes streaming services such as TPCi's iTunes/Amazon uploads for seasons 1-6, or Watch Disney XD, vary between both formats - it has nothing to do with the ones that are produced for television, they are just modifications that are subjective as to how they are re-released. Therefore, the production format listed on TPCi's website is the standard version of a season that follows the definition of what a season is on television. Any claims made by TPCi such as "this season starts on [state date here] in Japan" are misnomers meant to pass off the show as an American or western cartoon (even though it is a Japanese animated cartoon), as that is TPCi's intended audience. The credits of an episode is the only place that recognizes that the show is originated from Japan in TPCi's viewpoint.
- Australian DVD follows by the regular production seasons. Even though TPCi stopped listing the dubbed Jynx episodes (Holiday Hi-Jynx, Stage Fight, Mandarin Island), and they dropped the season from 52 episodes to 49, I think we can still list those with a note on the page saying that they stopped being listed later, because they still comply with the standard definition of a season as it was officially produced for the season, just that those 3 season two episodes are not recognized by TPCi anymore. I think if we do all this, we can list seasons on the pages by their produced episodes for the year, the primary format recognized on TPCi's website, Australian DVD, the television format, the format that is licensed out by TPCi, the format that is used commonly in other countries, etc., and add a note about their alternate DVD and internet digital video releases, the DVD always uses arc and internet-based digital releases swap between arc and season. 4Kids seasons were always 52 episodes each.
- Of course, I'm not doing anything just yet - it's just about the mass amount of work that needs to be done to update the pages accordingly.
- And yes, I'm pretty sure that worldwide there are DVD releases for seasons 1-19. I know in the US there are DVDs up to season 18. Not sure if there's any released for season 19 in the US yet.
- Oh, I see what you mean. Nah, I usually get my information from dub DVD releases I personally own by myself, I don't find this information from quick browsing on the internet. As of season 7, the episodes on DVD are exactly the same as episodes listed by TPCi - the previous seasons were all based on their arc on DVD, whereas TPCi lists seasons by the primary television format used by the production per year format. So we don't need to go into depth about the episodes available, unless there are any disc divisions but that's all. Likewise, pocketmonsters.net has a convenient listing of all the Japanese rental DVDs with their listing codes, so I can just check the code they list on a site that has a listing for them to see which episodes are on them.
- Okay. I've also used AWB before, so I can tell you what can be done with other features:
- You can actually type in an article name and add new articles to the pages to edit using the drop down menu list. Or you can add them by category or what links here. You can even use this to modify category pages manually and do things like replacing a certain piece of text. This can be used to correct nearly every single red link at once, and you can also set the waiting time to do an edit to 0 if you want it to be more "fully" automatic.
Neko page move
While the final volume of VIZ's X and Y series lists Shauna's Skitty as Kitty now, the only issue is that Yellow's Butterfree also has that nickname so a page move will have to be done carefully done. Any useful page name ideas like Kitty (X and Y) or Kitty (Shauna) in the works? -Adv193 (talk) 00:11, October 12, 2017 (UTC)
- Sure Kitty (Yellow) and Kitty (Shauna) would be a good idea for new page names. -Adv193 (talk) 18:24, October 14, 2017 (UTC)
User talk:Unknownprowikipedia - Notice he also admitted on the Redosign talk page that he is UnknownPro. He was blocked on Wikipedia pursuant to a checkuser investigation on Wikipedia. Therefore, according to the duck test, the user is a sockpuppet of Redosign. Notice the behavior on those accounts investigated on Wikipedia is extremely similar. PokémonGamer* 12:32, October 12, 2017 (UTC)
- Yes, as for that edit to the voice actor page, Pokémon USA is in the current day referred as The Pokémon Company International [in the sense of "in the US"]. Since the dub DVDs I have were released when it was referred to as Pokémon USA, Pokémon USA, Inc. is the name credited on those DVDs.
Hello Energy X, there's a user Check out POKEMON TRAINER JAZZ on Pokemon. http://pokemon.wikia.com/d/u/33280743 who is recently posting stolen pics from Google and saying that they're his drawings. It is just, wrong. It is an insult for Art and other artists. And I don't think users like him should be allowed for discussions area anymore. Kindly give him a temporary ban or something so that he can stop on his activities. ~king regards. Harsh 17:56, October 14, 2017 (UTC)
- Should I just do 「[insert text here]」 and provide translations next to them? Then, you can look at the kana/kanji strokes on the scans and compare them with what I've typed and use the translations to understand what it's saying?
- Yes, but that would be more confusing because that would require trying to give a clear description of where on the page the text appears and which character says that line of dialogue, this way is actually easier (me typing out the text and listing the translation next to it) since it's easy to match them up by following the strokes of the kana/kanji characters and matching the ones I type with where it appears in the chapter. It's easier and takes less time than trying to provide a more thorough explanation that requires more attention to specific details to find what I'm talking about. Note that I am actually translating these without paying attention to context of the overall story of it, so doing it this way (typing the kana and kanji and listing a translation beside it) is easier. PokémonGamer* 22:34, October 14, 2017 (UTC)
Check out previous and New edit of Salazzle's stat
Wait, what's the real stats of Salazzle? I found HP: 68; Attack: 64; Defence: 60; Special Attack: 111; Special defence: 60; Speed: 117; Total: 480 on Bulbapedia and Datadex, tho, I prefer both as helping element. And, I found stats here HP: 68; Attack: 64; Defence: 60; Special Attack: 111; Special defence: "40"; Speed: 117; Total: "432" Totally deferent. So, I'm editing this. And, you notice. Alain Sycamore (talk) 02:48, October 19, 2017 (UTC)
I added some photos through an unnecessary manner by uploading it in gallery, creating more work. Please delete them. I found the correct method to replace images now. 08:14, October 19, 2017 (UTCSilent Songbird (talk)
This user: http://pokemon.wikia.com/wiki/User:AngeryLeavanny has been copying writing material from bulbapedia. This is same as the one on bulbapedia. Proof Silent Songbird (talk) 15:08, October 23, 2017 (UTC)
Yo Energy X,
It seems the move gallery template is slightly broken. The "other" parameter does not show when used. For example here.
- No problem, and it works fine again!
In SM047, Glazio referred to Type: Null as "Silvady", which is why the title says "Glazio and Silvady". But yes, this could be a type of nickname that refers to the potential evolution of it. As for the translations, yes I'm doing that but I'm currently focusing on getting images up for episode galleries. I'm rewriting all the SM034 image descriptions because I forgot to save the whole block of coding that I was intending to use but the images are all prepared. PokémonGamer* 23:30, October 27, 2017 (UTC)
- Yes, it is too early to consider it a nickname, and I forgot to say this: Glazio refers to the Pokémon in the episode as "このシルヴァディ" (this Silvady). In the TV Tokyo summary, 『グラジオが「シルヴァディ」とよぶそのポケモンと、サトシはルガルガンでバトルすることに。』 means "With that Pokémon that Glazio calls "Silvady", Satoshi does battling with it by using Lugarugan." So it's likely that it isn't even known within the canon of the show about what a Type: Null even is at this point, rather than intentionally nicknaming it, and the SM037 summary listed a voice credit for "Type: Null" (タイプ：ヌル＝櫻井トオル). With all this implicit evidence and speculation aside, it's obvious that the "Silvady" terminology used by Glazio and even in the title is knowingly intentional.
- Therefore, would it be better to just mention every instance of Type: Null in the SM047 plot summary as "Silvally" with scare quotes? Because it is highly likely that the reason it's being called that is because the name Type: Null for the species hasn't even been properly introduced in the show, and the usage in the title and in the episode is clearly open and intentional given the Type: Null credit in SM037 yet the open reference to it as "Silvady" in SM047, so it's highly unlikely to be an animation mistake, and it is clearly how it is meant to be viewed in the canon for now, regardless of whether the episode's concept is a confusing mess about that. I think the whole Type: Null/"Silvady" thing will be addressed in a future episode. So while it is clearly a Type: Null and not a "Silvady", referring to it as that in scare quotes in the summary to equally and neutrally get the gist across that: a.) it's clearly not the Silvady species, and b.) that's how the episode is viewing it as nonetheless, is better. I'm fine with it being stated as "Gladion's Type: Null" in the template, however the full plot summary is more representative of the whole episode and referring to it as a "Silvally" (with "scare quotes" around it) rather than a Type: Null is this episode's equivalent of calling Kasumi in IL001 the girl because her name isn't properly introduced in that episode.
- And yes, the only reason why Type: Null's Spanish and Italian names are different because they are translated into their respective languages though that is simply because "type" and "null" are standalone English words and it is awkward to call it that in Spanish and Italian, the reason why the Spanish and Italian names being the same as the English names rule doesn't apply here is because this name is more of a "description" rather than a language-neutral name with an English origin used in those languages and referring to it the same as the English name is awkward in that context. Every single other Pokémon has their Spanish and Italian names the same as the English one.
Hey a user
Rtyh3425gguc34884, Is asking on how to change his user name can you come over to discussion post and let him know.
I'll mark it as a report for you sorry i can't link anyway.
Vandalism and copying Bulba
Just noticed two users who ruined Rowlet line pages and copying information from Bulba into Steenee and Tsareena pages respectively. I think they need to be stopped. Diana Lover (talk) 14:40, October 29, 2017 (UTC)Diana loverDiana Lover (talk) 14:40, October 29, 2017 (UTC)
May want to take a look at
Your images post Anwar lone ask's what the problem is with flooding the discussion?
Yo EnergyX long time no see! Do you know who runs the discord server and if u do can u ask Em to add fredbot the music bot please
Seems Pandurang Patankar
Spotted a user Vyap whois insulting other user's on discussion post i've reported both of them to have you check them out one on each post.
- So you notice i'll check around see what else i can find. Trainer Micah (talk) 00:26, November 6, 2017 (UTC)
The file name for this image http://pokemon.wikia.com/wiki/File:Lunala_Z-mOve.png should be changed. Silent Songbird (talk) 18:42, November 6, 2017 (UTC)
- Another one. http://pokemon.wikia.com/wiki/File:Solgaleo_Z-Move.png (talk)
Energy, I really need to talk to you. Firstly, I want help in the Fanon site, like where to post stories. Secondly, I see many off topic posts on the wikia. The newcomers seem to have ignored the guidelines, and are sending hi hello. Please make sure that a new user right is introduced: introducer.Shashank Singh 03:28, November 7, 2017 (UTC)professorshashank A user by the name Vyap and Vicky are abusing and posting off topic. Please look into it.Shashank Singh 14:37, November 8, 2017 (UTC) professorshashank
- The man did say it was Golduck not Psyduck, you writing wrong. In GS031: The Fire-ing Squad!.
Check out the posts and replies of this guy, Check out Charles Phoenix on Pokemon. http://pokemon.wikia.com/d/u/31346371 don't block him. But, warn him whatever he is doing, is wrong. Alain Sycamore (talk) 00:10, November 10, 2017 (UTC)
USUM more new pokemon
Managed to discover Ekans is included in them but can't add due to source protection... Diana Lover (talk) 10:16, November 10, 2017 (UTC)Diana loverDiana Lover (talk) 10:16, November 10, 2017 (UTC) I'm talking about the USUM page since it's now under protection. Diana Lover (talk) 00:49, November 11, 2017 (UTC)Diana loverDiana Lover (talk) 00:49, November 11, 2017 (UTC)
Does this mean we will ignore such worthless users?
An introducer would introduce newcomers to the wiki. He would help them in their way of becoming active contributors. He or she will help in all kinds of fandom related questions.—Preceding unsigned comment added by Professorshashank (talk • contribs)
I tried changing the name of the Ho-Oh (anime) page without leaving a redirect. It seems I failed as I can see a redirect. So, could you please do that? Silent Songbird (talk) 16:38, November 11, 2017 (UTC)
Hm, New user's seems
Matrixgamer16 & Rekha Pawar, Are new to the fandom why not have them join here? They seem positive and are learning about movie and games of pokemon be a great start for there journey in pokemon.
- So you know as such, I'll let you know if i need anything.Trainer Micah (talk) 19:45, November 11, 2017 (UTC)
New category page
Do u think another page for USUM dex sprites is needed? Some of the Pokemon's sprites have been updated while some are added. Diana Lover (talk) 00:10, November 12, 2017 (UTC)Diana loverDiana Lover (talk) 00:10, November 12, 2017 (UTC)
Energy, I appeal you to promote my position. I am shocked at the way the site is being filled with unnecesarry posts. I am a responsible person and appeal you to make me something by which I can curb these users who violate rules. I have the potential to do so. I want to help you all. —Preceding unsigned comment added by Professorshashank (talk • contribs)
Energy X, I request you to promote me to a discussion ,ymod since billvee, Tom and Paul are not doing their job so well also you know I can do this because I have experience from a long time. I will do my job sincierly and earnestly so please think about it. So please give me the rightsMAGIC KAITO (talk) 12:36, November 13, 2017 (UTC
- On note i've said to Magic Kaito, That once he's active abit further and has contributed more i'll see & talk with you about him being a moderator for now ignore his message and i'll watch over him, And about me leaving i decided i'll stay because Tom and Alain were just upset with the recent decrease in moderator activity due to Billvee and Paul's absents and yeah i can see why to, So yeah.
- Um about the new rules can i ask what they are? For discussion post i heard your making some new ones so thought i ask about it. And i think that'll do me. After you know where to find me.Trainer Micah (talk) 15:34, November 13, 2017 (UTC)
[] I do not know why this post was locked. Could you tell the reason
Can you check this page
It seem's Carlos Eduardo is saying Silvally is a legendary pokemon and we as in you and i know it's not can you revert his edit, I am thinking it's a SimiPseudo legendary though because it's greenish color in the background in the alola dex. So you know thought i'd swing by before i get off.Trainer Micah (talk) 01:24, November 15, 2017 (UTC)
- Okay thanks for letting me know that's you and gamer.Trainer Micah (talk) 18:28, November 15, 2017 (UTC)
Generation Seven Things
- i have animations of attacks of generation seven but this wiki refuses gif format
- Fixed and categorized Pokemon sun and moon sprites
- for make more realistic its good deal allow gif format because static images in my opinion lost his assence
I'm Sorry actually,I saw somewhere Hoenn Location.So,I think to add this Category to Articles.If,Its not needed then,I'm stopping it.Thankyou for telling me.User:Ash the pokemon master
Starting something new
I actually decided to contribute towards wiki through doing edits, and right now I'm on my way, but there's one thing I would like to tell you, Energy X. As I am a new editor, I may do some mistakes while editing, so, it's my humble request from you to guide me the right way to do them(by telling more about them through Discord) and please don't mind the template mistakes (you can rollback the edits not up to the mark). I'll try my level best to make them most suitable. Thank you, Kind Regards. Harsh 06:22, November 19, 2017 (UTC)
I'm sorry, if this is against rule (against any rule). But, I seriously can't tolerate this user: Check out Siddhi More on Pokemon. http://pokemon.wikia.com/d/u/33252363. Even after deleting his useless posts (that, you too can see), He makes a new spam posts, that is, "who's deleting my posts? They ain't useless" (that we all can see those are!). But, No, He won't understand. And whenever i'm trying to convince him, he's offending me wrongly (check his posts and replies). Please, take actions on him or simply warn him. AlainSycamore
Pokemon UM Pokedex entries
i have all pokedex entries of UM but i dont know the template of pokedex entry (sorry bad english)
Yo Energy X,
Could you maybe update the highlights for me and ThePokémonGamer, as we have gotten new user rights? Just a small thing to be done, but I can't do that myself.
- ^ @Lordranged7 - in every case I've seen, bureaucrats have to be in the administrator group as well or they can't access certain features.
- Also currently working on the SM038 gallery and have been checking the Discussions more frequently since I can now moderate it (and haven't found all that much going wrong yet) though I hope to check things every few hours to make sure everything's going okay there.
- PokémonGamer* 21:08, November 22, 2017 (UTC)
Pokedex Entries #2
hello there i have pokemon red and pokemon green entries but i seem absurd put pokemon green entries because thi is not in english ¿you consider neccesairy put pokemon green like others? ¿what is your opinion sir?
Should we maybe have a section for "Titles in other languages"? Like how it's done on Pokémon pages, under the Trivia section? That's something Bulbapedia has that we don't, and there's no reason not to. I can search the official sites and international TV guides online for titles in those languages. And while I don't really have that much proficiency to the point of being able to manually do accurate translations for long texts like summaries from languages other than Japanese, there are titles that are very easy to just look up their words in dictionaries online and ones that are very easy to spot that it is a word in a different language like the Norwegian title for SM026 according to the official Norwegian Pokémon website: "Farvel, Sophocles!", and titles are generally short and easy to translate either way. PokémonGamer* 16:19, November 24, 2017 (UTC)
- In which case, it's probably best to go to the Pokémon pages that are lacking the other languages and do those now.
- And no, it didn't take me long to move the Chronicles pages and separate them differently, it was only the images since I had to go to those pages and change the name in the URL and then went back and changed all the links - the link-changing wasn't the issue, it was the image renaming that took up most of my time, which I probably could've done in one day if that's all I was focused on given that more work had to be done when naming the two Christmas episodes to the normal count [because that's what they are officially; not based on Bulbapedia's silly "specials" count merely based on the first Japanese airing which is the only instance in which it was a special, whereas all the reruns, international dubs, home video releases, etc. consider a completely standard episode with an official number in the series], and moving XY024 to its official number of XY050 because as long as both the dub and the original aired it in a same or similar order, which they did (and all official episode lists reflect), then as far as I am concerned that is the official number regardless of if it was "originally supposed to be there", so it wouldn't really make sense to stray from the official count and confuse people with mixed episode numbers, given that both episodes were officially renumbered.
- As Bulbapedia does this, from my experience the way they take it is "there's nothing wrong with not having a complete list of titles as people can just add them in if they find any to make the list more complete and as more get officially revealed, but the more titles the better" and there's not many pages with quotes either but adding names in different languages for things is more fun to do than episode quotes.
- PokémonGamer* 00:14, November 25, 2017 (UTC)
Hey may want to talk with user
Borjitasstoi, i've noticed he's/she's not signaturing his messages when he's sends anyone a message have you noticed it recently? ^ Anyway yeah it has happened twice now to me because i had to go back & forward to the wiki activity page and i like to see all user's signature talk pages, If anyone doesn't i will worn them. And then may have you talk with them about signature's. Alright so you know thought i'd come let you know.
I observed starter Pokémon section only figures gen1-7 but not spin off (for example colosseum Umbreon Espeon or XD Eevee something like this) i wondering for ¿why? this is not starter in a use?
Another thing I observed but this is another topic its about Pokémon Bank entries actually find impossible obtain entries but take time User:Borjitasstoi Borjitasstoi 21:55, November 25, 2017 (UTC)
New Manga release dates
Can you help delete the file "DuskLycanrocSprite" since I've found a replacement "LycanrocDuskSprite" Diana Lover (talk) 11:54, November 29, 2017 (UTC)Diana loverDiana Lover (talk) 11:54, November 29, 2017 (UTC)
Hey Energy X a user Yoshifan996 is asking me a question about the ultra beasts and i'm wondering what should they be categorized as? The user thinks they're legendary's and as you know i have played Sun & Moon so i am wondering what should Yoshi categorize it as,
Should we categorize the UB's as Legendary Pokemon?
I have notice that in the game Type: Null, Silvally, the Tapus, and the Ultra Beast sparkle instead of shining in the pokedex should we categorize them as legendarys? Let me know thanks. Yoshifan996 05:48, November 30, 2017 (UTC)
Hey Energy X I've gotta report on discussion post
A user Play Dash is continuing to spam the discussion post & it's kinda getting annoying when he says Join the Progs as you can see I've messaged him eariler with a worning on his talk page and discussion post, And he's continuing to spam can you block this user for two or three days since he's avoiding my wornings and breaking the guidelines thank you sir.Trainer Micah (talk) 15:39, December 1, 2017 (UTC)
- Edit: That's all i can see from that user outta what he spammed so you know as such, & yes i'm amazed at how many users come & go on discussion with/or without reading the guidelines it's amazing anyway yes i'll be on discussion post if needed.Trainer Micah (talk) 15:58, December 1, 2017 (UTC)
To be honest, if you ask me, moderating discussions is easy, until we have a lock and a delete option! But, To bear users grudges for moderators, isn't really easy... I'm understanding everything now, i was a local user on fandom once, and i too did insult moderators for a reason called -spam- that i knew, i have to take patience and Mods will do their works, whenever they get free time... Yesterday, i got angry on that guy... He never follow rules, that's why, i went off from everyplace. I checked out Shashanks' reply on someone's post, all i can say is, moderators aren't robots, who works 24*7, i have school as well, we are humans as well... Why don't users just report and move on other post whenever they see any useless/spammed/off-topic post? But, no... And for newbies, -they don't even know, how to check guidelines and continues their spam- nothing else! Thanks! Alain Sycamore (talk) 02:40, December 2, 2017 (UTC)
Energy, many things need to be clarified and talked about here. Here are those: 1) The Role of the executive: I believe that there should be more reforms in the rules section. Just telling them that x is prohibited would not work. I believe we should have a list of punishment being posted. The users also need to be told to contribute, as many socalled popular ones do not. 2)MOD REQUEST: As you have told, it seems as if I still have time before i become a mod, but at least would you please adjudge me as an enforcer?(Unofficially the enforcer of the rules. I will be active. Plus something has happened to Alain. What?) I believe that what I had posted on the post which might have irritated Saksham, was not any personal attack. It is obvious that the mods will be held responsible for whatever goes wrong. I myself became aggravated by seeing so many useless posts. So this is an apology. Please do convey.Shashank Singh 13:11, December 2, 2017 (UTC)professorshashank
Hello, I am Aile de Rose, and I would like to ask you some questions about the CSS, because I work in this field : -How did you put the discussion bar, ie Profile, Discussions, Blog, ect ... in blue and with a rounded shape? -And also, how do you put on the home page the "Featured"Pokémon "right? I have already tried, it does not work :(Did you know how to do it? With a code? Thank you for your answers.
The enforcer, as you pointed out,is not a right. But i want an offficial non-real right that grants me to remind people about the rules, which many people should do, but they do not. I would remind them, give "warnings" and try to enforce the laws. Plus,could you tell me how much chance is there of me joining the mods? Yours truly.Shashank Singh 06:39, December 3, 2017 (UTC)professorshashank. User Talk:Professorshashank
Thank you for your answers ! So for the other sentence I have bad wording I will repeat: How do you put the Feathured Pokémon, Twitter and MEET US AT THE DISCUSSIONS on the left? When I try for example to put a poll but left of my homepage, it comes automatically right. How did you do it ?Wing (talk) 08:04, December 3, 2017 (UTC)
Wanted to tell...
Well, Sir, you clearly can see the difference in condition of Fandom, that was before and that is now. In the present of Harsh, Micah and me. Spams are limitless, we can't really stop "Spams" but yeah, we can delete such things, that spams. And it is really easy to clean such trash stuffs from discussions area. But, all what I see is, people still aren't getting anything... They will rarely show themselves and at the time, whenever someone spams, they thinks that mods will delete such post at exact time... And when a mod isn't available... "No, why? No mod was present there at the time" comments. Replies. Grudges on our work... Please, teach them, if they have a report option, then why wasting time/reply? They simply can report such post and can move on? Alain Sycamore (talk) 13:44, December 3, 2017 (UTC)
Energy X Please make me as a MOD I promise i'll take the responsibility very well..
Legend Trainer 02
Said this ^ and i know it's been awhile from me in message. So i thought about it and on his promises that is i think swearing don't you think?, As for responsibility i thought about that & well he is responsible for his own action's and he's been quite communicative but if you read his talk page on the top i think he may need to improve on that other then that that's what i thought on.
- So you kinda know let me know what you think in return i know i haven't seen Billvee on in awhile. So that makes me wonderious and thing's are running smoothly with Myself Alain & Ashv.sGary Harsh online thought i'd give you a thumbs-up report from us as moderator's alright.Trainer Micah (talk) 18:41, December 7, 2017 (UTC)
This Section is blocked from Editing, http://pokemon.wikia.com/wiki/Pokémon_Wiki (Mobile Version) & here is a mistake in a Template & i.e The title of the template is "Generation II (Gold/Silver/Platinium)" it should get Changed by "Generation II (Gold/Silver/Crystal)" I don't knew it before this Discussion post on Fandom. http://pokemon.wikia.com/d/p/3100000000000095522 . I hope, you will edit it soon.--RedLair 09:29, December 9, 2017 (UTC)
Nope, It is not edited yet. I just Re-Checked it.RedLair 11:54, December 9, 2017 (UTC) I just Cleared all data of the Application and again run it. Now, its ok. I'm Sorry. --RedLair 12:01, December 9, 2017 (UTC)
Just wanted to let you know that i've created a images &/or drawing post for everyone on discussion post & I've also created a Roleplay with the meaning of it if anyone wants to roleplay they can feel free to do whatever they like minus spam and whatever.
- So you know if anyone needs me let me know i plan those two posts as all weekend thing til next Sunday alright so you know if needed free to message me i plan to be simi active til the 25th, Alain Syncamore will be off line til tomorrow he informed me himself so you know about that. Anyway i'm checking checking.Trainer Micah (talk) 19:33, December 10, 2017 (UTC)
- I gotta say the teaser is awesome, I looked at the date and can i say it's a common error for them to make in Japan July 13th 2018. Should you tell them to switch the date around to next year 2019? I mean here we are in December the 11th and they post that date wrong sir laughing so you notice that i'm amazed while laughing anyway yeah nice teaser but wrong date So you notice that.Trainer Micah (talk) 00:27, December 11, 2017 (UTC)
- The year's correct. The announcement at the end of movie 20 back in July told us we'll be getting another movie in 2018, with no trailer footage or anything until now. It's not "an error producers just routinely make in Japan". It goes consistently year by year. In July 2011 we got a movie, in July 2012 we got a movie, in July 2013 we got a movie, in July 2014 we got a movie, in July 2015 we got a movie, in July 2016 we got a movie, and in July 2017 we got a movie, and so on before that as well. This is every year now, and around this time of year MS019 was confirmed as well. There is no evidence pointing to MS021's release date being at any time in 2019.
- (I've actually done galleries we're missing, just need to insert the captions in there and upload them).
- As TPCi's official Twitter has announced that SM043 is the final episode of season 20 I think we should correct our season lists and have alternate lists based on the whole series altogether and have the episodes listed this way like Bulbapedia does. The reason is because not every episode is in a season - officially, the safari zone, Porygon, beach contest, ice cave, etc. such episodes are not apart of any season. And season 1 ends off at The Breeding Center Secret and season 2 begins with Princess VS Princess. Season 3 begins with Pokémon Water War and season 4 begins with Goldenrod Opportunity, season 5 with Around the Whirlpool, season 6 with Address Unown, season 7 with What You Seed is What You Get, and so on. Seasons when 4Kids produced the dub were 52 episodes exactly each, ignoring intro theme and plot.
- It's just that Kids WB did not actually have season breaks which is why many of you assume season 2 begins with OI #1 when it actually began with IL052 and IL053, followed by IL057 and so on. This is why many channels around the world aired it this way, and the seasons are set in stone as the show is distributed this way - and the companies who purchase the show and the channels around the world air season by season, the seasons are set in stone and other countries will generally have breaks that separate the seasons making it very easy to remember where seasons actually began and ended.
- And it isn't just the fandom - when Cartoon Network in early 2010 said they'll air Johto region episodes, someone in their headquarters likely believed the fanmade "opening = season" fan trash and aired season 3 - and as you know season 3 begins with OI026 so they ended up airing Orange Islands episodes as "Johto". Assuming CN actually knew what they were doing, they would've aired from season 3, episode 12 which is the first Johto episode of season 3.
- Pokémon.com lists it differently for a reason - they list season 1 the same and season 2 beginning with Princess VS Princess, but because of how digital and streaming releases have to label each sub-series and have them consistently going season-by-season with all of a season's episodes fitting in only one series, they distribute the show this way to digital providers and streaming providers (such as Watch Disney XD and Netflix) and Pokémon TV does it as such. But to Viz Media and many television networks, they'll provide the standard seasons in the original format - still though where season 1 ends and season 2 begins is no different on the digital and standard releases. Viz Media released a Blu-Ray set of the standard season 1, so they included the 1998 syndication masters. These alternate digital release season packs only started to exist earlier this year when they started releasing remastered cuts of episodes such as season 1 being in HD, etc.
- Viz Media releases most of their DVDs by arcs, so Orange Islands' DVD features 36/34 (depending on if the two banned eps are included) episodes regardless of which season they belong in, so it features eps from seasons 2 and 3 (I'm not talking about the digital seasons, since Viz releases the standard masters so they go by the standard seasons, whereas Pokémon TV, which goes by the standard masters, though they're a streaming service that labels the seasons by series so they do it the alternate way, the Australian DVDs and Disney XD India have released and aired according to the standard seasons throughout this year even recently too and only the digital releases use modified divisions that end off the series by ending off a season, they aren't the main standard ones, but they're still official)
- See here - Viz Media released it as "Season 1: Indigo League" and includes exactly how many episodes I said were in season one - I Choose You to the Breeding Center ep, and not all the IL eps that take place in Kanto - like I said. While many English-speaking fans can make their own silly season divisions, they are neither correct nor official. The digital releases and the televised airings are official since they are both how the show is divided into season packs. Opening themes had nothing to do with seasons except for on seasons 4 and every season from 7 and later. Even then, many of our season lists are inaccurate - clip shows are not apart of seasons, and every company purchasing season 19 gets every episode from XY094 to XY141, not up until XY140 or XY142. There's no such thing as distinctions between "seasons in the original" and "seasons in the dub" - seasons are created by the dub and are meant for the distribution of dub episodes. I remember you told me this might not be a good idea - but people seriously need to know that seasons actually work this way and not the completely wrong way used by sites like Serebii and any site within the mainstream fandom.
- Seasons 1-6 work like this:
- Season 1 - Kanto OP 1
- Season 2 - Kanto OP 1 + Orange OP 2
- Season 3 - Orange OP 2 (depending on standard or digital release) + Johto OP 3
- Season 4 - Johto OP 4
- Season 5 - Johto OP 5
- Season 6 - Johto OP 5 (depending on standard or digital release) + Hoenn OP 6
- As of season 7, seasons and opening theme actually match making it easier to remember where seasons begin and end.
- Lordranged7 agrees with listing the main standard season packs (which have been used even lately this year on several DVD releases, and channels around the world) and listing the digital and streaming releases' season packs in the opening paragraphs mainly because no digital release season pack includes the three banned eps which were pulled from distributions of season 2 in 2014. Lordranged7 finds it easier to list the 52 episode standard season and mention that 3 eps were banned in 2014, that way it's easier to manage. On the digital and streaming releases, seasons 3-6 share unique openings whereas season 1 is 52 episodes with season 2 having two opening themes. On the standard definition, seasons 3 and 6 also share two opening themes. Seasons are based on how the episodes are produced, aired, and distributed off to companies and those factors to determining a season's begin and end point trump opening theme, saga, whatever - just that opening theme and story arc only match the episodes distributed in a season as of season 7 and as of season 3 on digital and streaming releases. On the digital and streaming releases, WTP segments are omitted from episodes as well for seasons 1-8 and these digital and streaming release formats have only started existing recently and handle the series differently - it's best to note them in the opening paragraph and list the episodes consistently under the way 4Kids produced it, so as to keep the same pattern throughout. Bulbapedia's season pages use the television definition, as their page about the season concept says that the lists do not use the Pokémon TV/Watch Disney XD definition as their main definition.
- Remember: Opening/journey/arc/saga/whatever =/= season. Only as of season 7 did 4Kids make a rule out of OP = season, and only as of season 9 did they stop trying to stick to exactly 52 episodes and TPCi ends off seasons at points that actually make sense rather than 4Kids' blind 52 cuts. If they ever run to a shortage of episodes at the end of a region, TPCi can do what 4Kids did and end off a region with the current opening theme and then change the opening theme during the season when we get to the next region's episode batch. Japanese order =/= season order therefore DP120/AG101/so on are simply not apart of any season.
- Just from looking at this back when Bulbapedia was using these silly fanmade "seasons" based on openings, I can see many things wrong with it (https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/w/index.php?title=S01&oldid=1711297)
- "Ash comes in the top 16 in the Indigo League, one bracket above his rival, Gary. (EP079)" - listing season two events as season 1
- "The Indigo League season has seen release on VHS and DVD in the United States and Canada. " - again, the arcs were released; the seasons are 52 episode packs (or most of the time less than that as of season 7) that are distributed around the world and every network airs them; the official sources use the title of the arc that has most of its episodes; so that's why the official sources label season 1 as Indigo League but if you check the release you'll see it has 52 episodes from IL001 to IL057 excluding 2 episodes that were skipped over until season 2 and 3 banned ones that were not produced for any season
- They also made a section about "how the Australian DVDs handled it" even though it is precisely the same as every channel around the world managing with distributed copies of the show for the past two decades and how those channels handled it, including in Croatia where season 1 began in 2000 and season 6 began in 2005 on a year-by-year basis, the German and Hebrew dubs in Germany and Israel actually had breaks in between seasons making them easier to remember where they began and ended
- "With 80 episodes, this is the longest season of the dub yet." - despite the fact that there never was and never will be an 80 episode season, and the season is actually 52 eps just like many other seasons that use this number or one that is similar to it
- "Holiday Hi-Jynx and Snow Way Out! are considered episodes of the season but are considered special episodes in Japan." - hilarious, those are season 2 episodes (the former is a banned season 2 episode), and the very first time they aired in Japan, they aired together as a separate special - yet the Japanese reruns, dubs, home video releases, and the like treat them as two completely standard episodes and the only reason they were given that special treatment aired on a Monday in the first place is because they were aired way overdue because of the Porygon incident. So in both the original and the dub they are completely standard episodes as opposed to specials. We corrected Bulb's mistake a few months ago by moving them to IL065 and IL066 on this wiki, as they are official episodes of the series, and it was originally aired as a special for a specific reason while having plans to re-release it as a standard episode everywhere else. Which is why the DVDs, and streaming/digital releases have them as completely standard episodes for everyone watching the dub throughout (rather than a special DVD release), and why Hulu and Netflix in Japan have them as apart of the series as episodes 65 and 66.
- And yeah, it took Bulbapedia until April 2015 to get their season lists correct although they list region 1 DVD arcs as a season definition - those are story arcs, not seasons. The older Viz Media Indigo League box set erroneously labeled the volume 3 season 2 episodes of Indigo League as "season 1" on the packaging and this was fixed on later box set releases - simply put, the Indigo League VHS and DVD sets that don't release the season release arcs, which are official. The arc of Indigo League is IL001 to IL082, but season 1 is 52 episodes long, and our pages say season, not arc so they should reflect seasons, not arcs that fans conflate with seasons.
- Yes it requires editing tons of pages but it is worth it given that many of our season lists are clearly wrong as I have thoroughly explained. I also have lists in my sandbox pages giving accurate lists of the seasons rather than what fans merely wished seasons were. The users who created the lists years ago like in 2011 didn't really care what seasons are (and that season 1 always has been and always will be a 52 eps season that begins with I Choose You and ends with the Breeding Center ep), and I am the first user on the wiki to join the wiki and know what seasons were. At least a user on this talk page knows it's a season 2 episode and not season 1. I'm not hateful, I'm just telling the truth about how seasons work (every other show you'll see they have seasons that have consistent numbers of episodes, on or around 12, 26, 38, 52, 60, or any other consistent number so the network has an average number of episodes to air every year) - it's just that seasons actually have a meaning in particular and anyone referring to every episode from IL001-IL082 should use a term like "arc" or "saga" which is more accurate towards what those episode groups encompass, rather than cause confusion for other fans because when networks announced season 3 and they started with OI026, they didn't know that what the network was advertising and airing was indeed correct (only digital and streaming releases begin the season with JE001, but the digital and streaming releases begin season 2 with Princess VS Princess just like the TV airings do, both the television airings and the modified digital/streaming releases are correct, official definitions but Lordranged7 and I find it easier to use the main television airings and mention in the opening paragraphs about the non-main modified alternate season divisions distributed to streaming and digital providers (because both are distributed as season packs depending on the release, just like release-dependent versions of episodes such as two versions using a ?/! marks on XY114's title card - so officially both definitions are seasons (before recently this year, both types of releases would use the same season definition, i.e. the television definition that's always existed since the very beginning of the show's adaption in the US), just that me and Lordranged7 feel that it would be easier to use the main syndicated definition (i.e., the definition Thingamajig lists here: https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/User:Thingamajig257/List_of_anime_episodes_by_syndicated_dub_season) in the list to stay consistent with the begin and end dates and to mention Holiday Hi-Jynx, Stage Fight and Mandarin Island in the season as well and I have my own lists on here like Thingamajig has in the aforementioned link)).
- (edit; additional note) I found this and this bumper on Kids WB that advertised season 2 and it aired back when the Indigo League title episodes still aired; the clips were mainly episodes of season 2 that are apart of the Indigo League OP theme title. So yes, seasons and titles are two different concepts. Since TPCi has already confirmed that When Regions Collide! airing two days ago was the final episode of the 20th season, so I think we should correct our season lists to fit what season means officially and not the fanmade opening = season nonsense and make different lists for the full series to list episodes conveniently like how Bulbapedia does it - this has nothing to do with copying Bulbapedia's idea, just that there's no point in listing wrong information such as season 2 beginning with the OI001 (despite the fact that officially season 1 does not mean every ep under the IL code) and this is the only way I can find to list it correctly.
A Naked vandalism
There was a contributor here who vandalizes Lillie's appearance section where he wrote somehing about naked and about Lillie having sex with Sun especially removing all the pics in the gallery section thanks to Pokemongamer he manages to undo it in time. Can you block this guy?
Hm, Noticed BlazeSeed366 forgot his signature and mind checking it out whoever, Mega thanks and wow amazingly inappropriate mmm i can't believe user's.Trainer Micah (talk) 15:45, December 12, 2017 (UTC)
Hello guys maybe this is not my concern but the word "naked" was here i think certain people hates lillie and direcly dont respect rules only put like he/she thinking about his feelings about llilie and yeah in a begining trust me i pretended put llilie in bad position doing vandalism but this is not good and prefer do good things bucause i find make good things occurs good things wow ¿its often in pokemon wiki recieves type of vandalism?18:02, December 12, 2017 (UTC)~
- And additionally, there are official names of series too such as Pokémon the Series: Black and White and Pokémon the Series: Ruby and Sapphire. The gen 1 and 2 series are called Pokémon the Series: The Beginning and Pokémon the Series: Gold and Silver. These official names did not exist until XY - but then there's a series called Pokémon the Series: XY and Pokémon the Series: Sun & Moon, and seasons called that as well - (series) and (season) can maybe be used to distinguish those.
- How we can maybe do the split Ash Ketchum pages:
- Ash Ketchum/Advanced Generation --> Ash Ketchum/Ruby and Sapphire
- Ash Ketchum/Original series (Kanto and Orange Islands) --> Ash Ketchum/The Beginning
- Ash Ketchum/Original series (Johto) --> Ash Ketchum/Gold and Silver
- As for defining what is what, it's actually official:
- Viz Media's normal releases - based on arc, regardless of season (thus Indigo League box set contains eps from seasons 1 and 2), and arc =/= season
- Season - how many episodes they distribute in a pack
- I believe it's best to use standard seasons as the main season definition (such as season 3 beginning with OI026) rather than the remastered release definition as it complies with the start and end date and are still officially used - for example Viz Media's BluRay release of season 1 is a release of season 1, not arc #1 Indigo League, so it contains the first season's 52 episodes and not the arc's 79 (or 78 if the banned IL065 one isn't counted) episodes, since they use the standard definition, the eps are not in HD though instead in BluRay formatted quality with the original 4Kids cuts of the episodes. In 2014, it was decided to cease distributing IL065, OI010, and OI019 (they distributed it regularly before, just that the official site left out any pics of Rougela/Jynx, and Pokémon TV's rotations ignored those eps long before they banned them completely) - although they distributed the episodes regularly before without any problems. Any country that had the episodes dubbed before they were banned still airs the episodes in those languages, but the local Pokémon.com websites there don't mention those eps. So DVD releases use the standard masters which means they use the standard seasons. (Even the remastered copies of season 1 still have it end at The Breeding Center Secret and season 2 beginning with Princess VS Princess, so opening does not always equal season on those seasons). And yeah, the Watch Disney XD header now lists SM043 as "SEASON 20 FINALE!" so that's another official source confirming it.
- In other words I think we should do this based on syndicated seasons rather than digital release seasons, as there are official distinctions between this (DVD and TV airings appear to use the standard seasons as seen by releases that have occurred this year, and the only reason why Watch Disney XD, Netflix, and Pokémon TV use the digital release seasons is because they use the HD masters which are available for purchase on Google Play, iTunes, and Amazon Video, which is why for example they don't have the WTP segment, however where season 1 ends and season 2 begins is the same on both types of releases so either way it is wrong to say season 2 begins with OI001)
- These are the syndicated television seasons for the 4Kids ones, which are 52 episodes exactly each (for the purpose of listing which episodes are in which season on the pages, it would be easier to list this definition):
- Season 1 (IL001-IL017, IL019-IL034, IL036-IL037, IL039-IL051, IL054-IL057)
- Season 2 (IL052-IL053, IL058-IL082, OI001-OI025)
- Season 3 (OI026-OI036, JE001-JE041)
- Season 4 (JE042-JE093)
- Season 5 (JE094-JE133, JE135-JE146)
- Season 6 (JE147-JE158, AG001-AG040)
- So as for strictly defining what a season is as for what to use on the pages, it would be easier to use the 4Kids definition, the one used on the standard original 4Kids masters as the main definition to comply with the begin and end dates of the season (and note that the digital release definition is only modified in the sense of which episodes belong in seasons 3, 5, and 6, so it is still wrong to say that season 2 begins with OI001) - when we got season 2 in 1999, it began with Princess VS Princess and ended with Charizard Chills, not OI001-OI036 which is why Kids' WB ran a bumper saying IL052 was the "season premiere" of the next season at the time, not OI001. For listing the seasons on the series page for Gold and Silver it wouldn't be difficult:
- Pokémon: The Johto Journeys (Season 3)
- Pokémon: Johto League Champions (Season 4)
- Pokémon: Master Quest (Season 5)
- Pokémon: Advanced (Season 6; until JE158)
- You'll see that Kids WB aired the first episode of every season on a date in either August or September, because of the summer break reruns that would wrap up on the conclusion of a season and the beginning of the next one, so for example:
- IL001 - September
- IL052 - September
- OI026 - August
- JE042 - August
- JE094 - September
- JE147 - September
- AG041 - September
- AG093 - September
- And yes, these are according to the official seasons, not the fanmade "opening = season" nonsense. You can see that since 4Kids created consistently numbered seasons, Kids WB aired in August or September, and used a consistent number of episodes throughout that year. They didn't do season breaks, but they did summer breaks where another season would begin in autumn (August or September). So season 2 did not begin in the December month of winter nor the new year during the January month (contrary to what misleading unofficial fansites claim), but it began in the fall. The digital releases which define seasons differently apart from the main definition (which is also correct and official) also consist of episodes from months near fall (between August and November 1st) and contain consistent episodes between around 40-60.
- As for naming conventions and the history of the arcs and seasons:
- 4Kids created opening and arc names as names of arcs; seasons are 52 episode divisions and are a completely different concept. Just that later releases added the names of the arcs to seasons, but that doesn't change how seasons are divided episode-wise. So Pokémon: Adventures in the Orange Islands first appeared on Viz Media releases to indicate OI001-OI036, which includes episodes from seasons 2 and 3. This name was later added to refer to season 2 so the name "Pokémon: Adventures in the Orange Islands" is also used to refer to IL052/IL053 and IL058-OI025 (season 2) but if you check that release you'll see it begins with IL052 and not OI001 - I think it's just to give every season a name, even if the season doesn't fully match those titles - for example, the first 12 episodes of "Season 6: Pokémon Advanced" say Master Quest (as in the arc) in the episodes themselves, but they're still season 6 episodes.
- Likewise, the names "Pokémon: Indigo League" and "Pokémon: Adventures in the Orange Islands" did not exist until DVD releases that gave the arcs those names. As I've said, officially season names and arc names are the same, but seasons and arcs themselves are different.
- As for DVDs, those are strictly defined as arcs officially (per Dogasu's comment at the bottom of this thread page and the only reason why iTunes has season 6's pack begin with AG001 is because it is a release for Ruby and Sapphire. The first 12 episodes of season 6 are episodes of the Gold and Silver series as seen on releases that label the series, and it is not a release of the Gold and Silver series. You can see it has 3 volumes (where as the first 12 episodes of the season apart of a different series make up the missing volume) whereas seasons 7-9 use 4 volumes because all episodes of those seasons are apart of Ruby and Sapphire.
- That said, I think if we're going to use accurate season lists rather than the fanmade "arc/theme song = season" nonsense, we should list the syndicated television seasons (which for season 1 and the first 49/52 depending on if the banned ones are counted is the same on digital releases) and list all the pages by the television syndicated seasons, and mention on the opening paragraph that digital releases use a different definition (which didn't exist officially until digital releases of the show even existed). The lists we're using are not only wrong, they're wrong and inconsistent - seasons 1 and 2 are divided based on when the original version changed the opening theme, but the others are based on when the dub changed the opening theme. And yeah, digital releases use the remasters for their season pack releases, but they use the standard season masters for the Pokémon Collections releases that contain a few episodes, such as this one from I believe 2016 and this one released back in February.
- When listing seasons on the episode pages and the season page's episode list (such as in the infobox and on the page that counts which number in that season it is), I think we should use for 4Kids seasons the "52 episodes as presented on TV" definition and list differences in the seasons licensed out to digital and streaming release providers (such as Watch Disney XD) in the opening paragraph of the season pages only, if we have to strictly define with that is. Digital releases of the full seasons have only existed as of this year, which is why the digital and streaming releases use the HD masters with different seasons, but I think those can be mentioned in the opening paragraph (the season 1/season 2 split is still the same on digital releases).
- So the "multiple official definitions" thing isn't that much of a problem. The Viz Media DVDs use arcs and not seasons except for their BluRay release of season 1, so the "Orange Islands" box set includes OI001-OI036, even if it includes season 2 and 3 episodes as they use the standard masters, so Viz Media has to purchase seasons 2 and 3 to make an Orange Islands box set. The Australian sets including the seasons 1-19 set that costs a few hundred in USD that was released in November 2017 uses the standard seasons and not the digital seasons that were introduced earlier in the year on Watch Disney XD, and so do the other Australian DVD collections. This is why season 2 on the Australian DVDs starts with Princess VS Princess, season 3 with Water War, season 5 ends on You're a Star, Larvitar and season 6 begins with Address Unown. Because not all seasons share a unique opening theme to that season. As another user has pointed out back in 2009 when this was discussed on another forum's thread, that user said, "it tends to matter more to the general fan where the episodes are licensed outside Japan and the US" - any channel airing season 2 around the world began with IL052, and that's where the season begins - a season does not always begin with the first episode to change to a different opening theme, which is what many fan sites are horrible at taking account of. On digital releases which use the alternate non-main definition, this applies to season 2. On the standard television releases (which are the main definition distributed by the Pokémon Company international to TV companies and DVD providers, and the one I suggest using as this wiki's definition of seasons), this applies to seasons 2, 3, and 6. A season begins with the first episode distributed in a season pack (which is how the show is aired on TV), not with the first episode to change an opening theme of a particular show. The first episode distributed in the season 3 pack only to digital and streaming providers is JE001 and they remove the WTP segments from those releases because they don't show up on digital or streaming releases. Likewise, when the wiki refers to season, I think we should use whatever networks around the world air it by (i.e., season 3 beginning with OI026), and that doesn't change the fact that digital and streaming releases still begin season 2 with IL052, so saying season 2 begins with Pallet Party Panic, A Scare in the Air, or any other episode that is not Princess VS Princess is silly and clearly wrong, because all of the two definitions begin season 2 with IL052.
- So overall I think the TV airings how it should be defined when it comes to these seasons to comply with begin and end dates of season and not have to swap things around with the dates of airing and the episode listings being inconsistent - the TV airings is the only definition to include IL065, OI010, and OI019 since as seen by Pokémon TV ignoring those episodes before they were banned, streaming and digital releases such as Pokémon TV, iTunes, and Watch Disney XD do not include those episodes, only the TV airings (except for those in India, which were distributed after those were retroactively banned from licensing out as of 2014, but Disney XD India did reruns of season 1-5 this year and used the standard television definition, so this definition is still used on TV and DVD releases).
- It's also easy to tell where the television airing seasons begin and end because the opening theme's usage in the end credits was shortened when 4Kids came back from a season break to produce another season so they shortened the opening theme and got to the next arc when producing the season. For example, You're a Star Larvitar used the Master Quest OP and is the final ep of the 5th season and Address Unown, the first season 6 ep used a shortened version of the Master Quest OP in the credits. Same goes for the Orange Islands opening theme being played normally until OI025, the final ep of season 2, and then being shortened in the credits for OI026, the first ep of season 3, and all other instances of this happening.
- Thus, it's best to use the original 4Kids definition (the version aired on Kids WB that aired during the first run of the seasons and how channels around the world do it), that definition of seasons to specifically define season on the wiki's lists otherwise if we used TPCi's digital release definition, it won't match the begin and end dates of the season. And on both official definitions, season 1 has 52 episodes anyway.
- (In addition to what I wrote above, sorry if I already mentioned the official English titles in the comment before that and am just merely repeating myself. There's also an official count of the overall episodes in the whole show from 1997 until now that we could use instead of blindly judging such overall episode numbers by ourselves, though I'll explain more about that when I have time. Our episode numbers are just one off the official count and I think there's something we can do so it balances perfectly with that official count revealed in the TV Tokyo 1,000th episode event.) PokémonGamer* 05:45, December 13, 2017 (UTC)
Sir,a user by the name Legend Trainer has been posting off topic lately,but seems as if he is a regular offenser. I call upon you to have a look through his posts and take necesaary action. I do not mean to say that thou ought to ban him,but it is upon thy decision what you shall do. Please do warn him. Another user,by the name Parna Bannerjee,is into OT and unnecesaary posts.Please look into it.Shashank Singh 15:00, December 13, 2017 (UTC)professorshashank
- After rereading Shashank Singh's message I've gone through Parna Banerjee's discussion profile and yeah i see where Shashank said about unnecessary post from other franchises anyway i've reported them for you to see.
- As for Legend Trainer 02 i saw as well i've also worned him due to off topic or OT if he continuously & repeatively circles his replies and and apologizes as you see from Pandu & Maaz have spoken highly in my report i vote that you or someone needs to maybe message him on discussion post so he knows on what not to do. And if necessary ban him for a week i mean i love the images that he posts and replies he posts but really user's need to know where to go if they go OT off topic so yeah.
- I've talked with Alain and will talk with Harsh and if user's continue OT off topic i vote in to say we all shouldn't create or make any further images posts for awhile due to that, I will watch my newer one & If any OT is spotted then yeah foot down.
Report for Discussion post
Can either or You ThePokemonGamer or Lordranged 7 take alook at my talk page seem's i have a report from Shashank Singh about a user or two one who you previously blocked can you reblock Vyap again due to threatening a user on discussion post thank's.
- And i'm taking alook at Maaz Ghani's Discussion profile seem's he's being rude behaviored for some odd reason? & I am stopping the images post on there due to Sha's report on OT off topic & Spam's so you three know as such. And next weekend i'm going to be simi/in active due what i said in my blog before party's to throw & Christmas to unfold so you three know as such as well.
Why did you revert my edit? Doesn't he slightly change his face to resemble the pokemon he is making a pun on?
Sir, Can you check discussion reports out a user Daniel Berteau Jr is being rude behaviored as well as annoying to all of the user's on discussion post can you take action thanks.Trainer Micah (talk) 20:24, December 17, 2017 (UTC)
- Thank you for the message and i saw & I'm amazed.Trainer Micah (talk) 20:46, December 17, 2017 (UTC)
Sir, could you please check the recent/every posts and replies of this user (I dunno, why i ain't able to "paste" any link here! Sorry, for that) so, check her username in discussions area "pooja Kaushal" who's been posting trash, useless, videos and links, such an annoying girl, she is. If you feel to take any step, please do! Thanks And could you ban this "Master Gaurav 01" guy from talk pages? He's been spamming his wiki over everyone's talk page, you can take an example of Micah's talk page and ThePokemonGamer's talk page! Thanks again! Alain Sycamore (talk) 08:01, December 18, 2017 (UTC)
Here's the links mentioned from him via both users: http://pokemon.wikia.com/wiki/User_talk:Master_Gaurav_01 & http://pokemon.wikia.com/wiki/User:Pooja%20Kaushal
- So you notice feel free to take action if necessery. I've talked with Gaurav via Discussion post on his wiki he'll remember to listen to me and not spam here, If he continues to spam then yeah i don't see why a block is necessery though? If a user listens to a moderator then why block? you see anyway if needed feel free to message me.Trainer Micah (talk) 11:22, December 18, 2017 (UTC)
I wasn't saying about to "block" him! Check out his talk page, what ThePokemonGamer replied. He is sharing his own made wikia's link to everyone. I was saying to warn him rather than blocking him. He thinks that, he is making a pokemon wiki (Copying stuffs from either wikipedia or fandom) he'll be able to make it an app. Which, i don't think so, anyways, tryna look on his talk page. Thanks Alain Sycamore (talk) 12:19, December 18, 2017 (UTC)
Edit: I said "ban from talk pages" not banning!
Edit again: "Master Gaurav 01" is the alt account of "Master Gaurav 04" i can't paste links, so, find master gaurav 04 in discussions,sir, if you would like to. At least, you could tell him not to do those things? —Preceding unsigned comment added by Alain Sycamore (talk • contribs)
Seems two user's
Pedro Samuel Liete Dias & Heart1234, may have a hacker afoot can you check Pedro Samuel Liete Dias's account out to see if he has a hacker? He said he didn't sign out so i wonder if it happened automatically if so i said if it happens he'd let the staff know in support or us know. So can you run a check thanks i've messaged both user's via Hacker in subject.
- So you know about that i'll give you a link below if needed.Trainer Micah (talk) 23:10, December 19, 2017 (UTC)
- Here's the user page he's using now due to the hackery
- And here's where he clams he either had a hacker becouse everything disappeared on him http://pokemon.wikia.com/wiki/User_talk:Pedro_samuel_leite_dias So can you or someone run a check just to make sure? & then let him or i know he also clams he can't log in so huh strange?Trainer Micah (talk) 23:29, December 19, 2017 (UTC)
- I've finished preparing the accurate season lists for seasons 1, 2, 3, 5, and 6 that we can use. (I've found that the digital releases simply fit a episode within a single series, so the first 12 season 6 episodes are listed as apart of the 3rd Gold and Silver season, season 5 in the series count, but are season 6 of the count based on the season itself. You can see that when they added season 6 to the Swedish section on the official site, they added AG001 as the 13th episode and not the first, as it's the 13th season 6 episode but they didn't anything Gold and Silver related because IIRC most of the Gold and Silver episodes were undubbed and in Swedish, Address Unown the first season 6 episode was the first one they dubbed after a while.) So generally speaking episodes like OI026/OI027/OI028/etc. are still season 3 episodes, but they're apart of the season 2 re-release batch for The Beginning. You can see for example the URL address and especially the Dutch Pokémon TV I linked there [which is one of the languages of TPCi that opted not to change it.] You can see this official press release article from Kids WB said that season 3 begins with the remaining Orange episodes [and the only reason for the listed August 19, 2000 date is because OI027 aired a week before OI026 the proper season 3 premiere].
- Overall, I don't think there's any issues with listing two opening themes or two regions, because that's how five of the seasons would work back in the 4Kids days. They didn't begin a season with whatever episode changed the opening theme, they did 52-episode seasons. Milo Murphy's Law I believe is on a season break and there is no reason to expect that they will change the opening theme for that show for the second season of it, because that's not how seasons work.
- It's only as of season 7 did they start catering to the fanmade rules in identifying seasons by opening themes (which wasn't the case before then) and straying away from the 52 episode rule though they do stick to numbers that are close to it so that channels around the world air similar length batches of episodes year-round. The fact that season 7 and later actually coincides with opening themes and subtitles makes it easier to know how the official seasons work, because the season length and subtitle/OP theme episodes length are the same so it's either way official. It's just that the official sources stupidly gave OP titles to seasons but if you check the release you'll see that although they use the fanmade OP=season convention of titling seasons, season 6 begins with Address Unown and not AG #1. This is because the later seasons actually match these titles so there would be no reason to leave the older ones untitled.
- However, many of the season lists are wrong even considering that. For example, season 10 ran for 51 episodes and certainly did NOT include DP048. Similar mistakes are present on other season lists. S14 did not include the Plasma episodes regardless of if "they would've been in there" or whatever. Our season 18 list has episodes that are listed in the wrong order based on the Japanese order rather than the official season order. For example, XY078 is the 41st episode of season 18 (and XY050 is the 3rd episode of that season due to being moved in the dub and the only reason I added it as the 2nd one is because that is temporary until we fix the season lists. All such edits were done as temporary solutions to stay consistent, when we actually list the seasons correctly we'll be perfectly consistent)
- A season is not a subtitle. A season is not an opening theme. A season is how many episodes were purchased to be created and prepared for airing. Pokémon isn't the only show following a "[X consistent number] episodes" rule - you'll see other shows that have episodes like 13, 26, 39, 52 which is so they can be consistently aired week-after-week on a basis of a quarter of the year, half a year, nine months/three-fourths of the year, and a full year respectively. While American fans (and fans in countries that do not run older seasons all that much) can make silly season divisions all they want, that has no effect on what are the actual seasons of the show. The first season page falsely claims that season 1 contains 82 episodes even though there's no way in hell that they would would rush to make 82 dubbed episodes in a year unless it was just claims from certain people not really getting the whole dubbing and seasons concepts (because such a thing would be approximately a year and a half to air on network timeslots if followed weekly, which is way out of line with how networks would prefer it), a season always has been and always will be something that is usually either 52 episodes or a number close to it, it will certainly never contain 80 or over 9,000 episodes or whatever crazy number people come up with. As Dephender stated here, season episode counts do not derive from episodes sharing an opening theme and "non-English speaking countries tend to have much clearer season divisions made by their dub companies and TV stations". According to an Israeli user who was the Hebrew dub translator for the last few episodes of season 11, people ridiculously complained in Israel when the network aired "season 1" and aired 52 episodes, that they "stopped in the middle" (when in fact they "stopped in the middle" of absolutely nothing and season 1 contains 52 episodes exactly), and similar I've found people on other sites ridiculously complaining that "Netflix screwed up big time!!!!!!!!!!!!" or that "the Blu-Ray is missing episodes!!!!!!!!!" even though they released season 1 which is officially 52 episodes anyway and does not cover the whole 82 episode OP 1 Kanto arc - he's also posted in a Hebrew forum years ago. It's just that the breaks between seasons were non-existent (or very short) here in the US which is why many Americans think that OI001 is season 2, episode 1 when really all it is is just season 2, episode 28 being commonly misrepresented as the season premiere by fans who confuse subtitles and opening themes with seasons and spread false info this way. The only time where the fan-made "opening=season" thing has ever showed up on the official Viz Media DVDs is on the older Indigo League ones from a decade ago, but the newer releases don't say season 1, except for IL volume 1 which is fine anyway because episodes 1-26 which are on the volume are from season 1 anyway, and the only reason why IL018 is missing is because it isn't apart of any of the season packets that 4Kids or TPCi distributes, the dub was aired only two times in one country on one channel and it was a trivial special airing that served as a one-off. [The only reason why DVDs don't have it is because due to the whole not being apart of a season thing results in it being required to be purchased as a separate product and any company who wants to release Pokémon can make more money off licensing content and releasing on DVD without purchasing this off-to-the-side 20 minute episode, although I do think TPCi has it available for licensees to purchase if they want it.] And you'll see that volume 3 which consists of season 2 Indigo eps does not say "season 1" on it either, neither does The "Complete" Collection (which in reality is incomplete by one controversial episode being removed as of 2014) say season 1 on it, neither does the Adventures in the Orange Islands OP subtitle set say "season 2" on it, neither does the Johto Journeys set say "season 3" on it, and the latest Viz Media Blu-Ray has 52 episodes and is explicitly labeled "Season 1", to the dismay of many who insist on following fanmade so-called "seasons" based on openings. This is a comment made by that Israeli user years ago back when Bulbapedia was still listing stupid fanmade "seasons" based on openings. They've corrected it in April 2015 for the most part, but they list a concept called "TV seasons vs. region 1 DVD seasons". They both use the same seasons -- the latter however just uses subtitles and opening themes, not seasons -- he said "Bulbapedia is telling lies to poor kids who eat it up and then spread these lies as facts" and Bulbapedia still actually does that; one example I can cite is that they claim the ending theme's presence in BW001 and BW002 was something made up by the Japanese DVDs, despite that TV Tokyo only edited them out and they are seen on the general other releases; even the dub put the ending credits in there because it follows the Kids Station/video-on-demand service/DVD format. And yeah, IL065/IL066 were first aired as a special on TV Tokyo but every rerun put them in order and even the dub placed them in season 2 between IL064 and IL067, as all Japanese reruns treat them as standard episodes and the preview at the end of ep #64 shows IL065 on reruns, and the only reason they were given that special treatment in the first place is because of the Porygon rescheduling incident.
- As for character biographies, I doubt we should list them under "Season: title" (with notorious instances such as the fact that the Ritchie page pretends that certain season 2 events are apart of "Season 1: Indigo League", despite the fact that the league of the Indigo League arc is apart of season 2, thus the cited IL080-IL082 eps are really season 2 episodes and not season 1 like the biography's misleading section name implies. Not every episode is apart of a season unlike what fans overly complicate this to be, and we have official confirmation that season 20 ends with SM043 and no confirmation on a 21st season yet. The reason why Address Unown was the first episode to air in certain countries after a long hiatus of the show being canceled is because of it being the first ep of season 6 which is the first season picked up after the cancellation.
- According to Disney XD's recent tweet which even shows a logo, as well as multiple news articles from TPCi, Pokémon the Series is the official English title of the Pokémon anime, for consistent naming reference as a suggestion.
- Additionally, when seasons 3 to 5 were looping on Boomerang (which is apparently CN's "rerun channel" or whatever), it went from Water War to You're a Star, Larvitar, not JE001-JE158. It's not like it was easy for CN to follow the official seasons either; I remember that when they ran "Johto" episodes in early 2010 to promote the HG/SS games (as that Israeli user also mentioned), I immediately realized during the event that they didn't air Johto but they aired season 3, which begins with OI026, thus they aired the Orange episodes instead of Johto and never actually got to the Johto eps. Apparently they thought the fan-made nonsense was correct that "Season 3 = OP 3/Johto" when it's actually OP 2+OP 3/Orange + Johto and it blew up in their faces when they actually went to airing it.
- As for categories, I think we should just merge the season moves and Pokémon thing with bot edits to change them to series names because there's no reason to mention the Master Quest arc of the series as if it was any different from the other two randomly divided Johto parts, The Johto Journeys and Johto League Champions (which were not originally season titles), which are also very oddly named. For example, Gold and Silver anime images, The Beginning anime images, and Gold and Silver consists of eps 3x11 to 6x12 in the main standalone season format used apart from the series. The official sources referring to seasons by the same name as episode blocks was explained here by Adamant in 2013.
- So I think it's set in stone what can be done here, as I have accurate season lists in my userspace that should probably work. (And about the whole "Orange/Johto" goof with CN back in 2010, there is a thread which talked about this on Serebii forums)
I Hm reporting a
Post for you to check i may have a ideal for discussion post if your wanting to hear it.
- About off topic chatter lately - I was wondering if i can create a post along with discord's link seeing what it can cause as such i feel it will never end on there for discussion post. I'm happy i became a moderator that i'm enjoying it. However if it never ends i am wondering if you can enhance the discussion post guideline's you know make it more seriously.
- I like the ideal that the user Gaurav perposed in his post about three worning's but if they continue yeah i voted in to say we just lock the post along with whatever as a worning i've said before and Alain has said before.
- As for Images post - I've decided to create & make it again, However with you supervising skill's i'd like to ask to see if you can watch it? Reason with all the off topic chatter lately and spam's and what not i feel like user's'll spam & go OT replies as such that is why i messaged Alain not to make/create them before so as said could you check this post and tell me what you think? That and even reply to him sense he's wanting/waiting for you to reply so you notice thanks.
- I felt like this should be said and i know drama and everything so if it continues i just idk do you feel like enhancing the discussion post guidelines? With my ideal i perpose that we make a Off topic chatter post only on weekends like Saturdays &/or Sundays with replies upto 200 at least maybe even less like 100/150 as such just to control everything would you like that? I can see why it was ban but seriously there continuing so yeah.
- And images post - I've decide to do that if You or ThePokemonGamer supervise it via versa watch them daily alright let me know what you think as such on my ideal.Trainer Micah (talk) 15:11, December 21, 2017 (UTC)
- Well, yeah those are the official titles of the seasons. They were not originally season titles, they are names of episode blocks. Just that the official sources list the episode block titles as apart of the seasons even if they don't match (such as season 2, which ran from IL052-IL053 and IL058-OI025, which is called Adventures in the Orange Islands despite not being OI001-OI036). I'm just using the official season titles here. The official site used to list episodes between seasons and arcs, so the season 3 list wouldn't be named The Johto Journeys but they would say "beginning of Johto Journeys" at JE001 while listing from OI026 while leaving the season nameless. It's just that officially these seasons are named the same as episode block names because the later ones seasons 7-present as well as season 4 actually do match up with these names.
- Orange Islands is OI001-OI036, but season 2 is IL052-IL053 and IL058-OI025, however they gave the Orange Islands name to the season as well because I think they wanted it to look better with every season getting a title. We can maybe do different episode lists for the full series (such as RS/AG) and the 20 or so seasons as well and do the season pages as a side list like Bulbapedia does it which Bulbapedia as of April 2015 actually has accurate season lists now as before they were going by "opening = season" however they claim that there is "region 1 seasons" which really doesn't exist because those DVDs don't use seasons but subtitles so Indigo League's release is IL001-IL082 even if it contains episodes from season 2 because it isn't a season 1 release, it's an Indigo League release, Viz Media actually did a season 1 release last month and it contained 52 episodes (with people needlessly complaining that it is many episodes short, even though Indigo League's season (as in, season 1 that is) only contains 52 episodes). PokémonGamer* 22:55, December 21, 2017 (UTC)
- Like, here, the official site used to list arcs with titles and list seasons primarily, while leaving the seasons nameless, but now all official sources give the seasons these names to match with how many episodes have the majority of that arc falling under the season to stay consistent because of the later seasons where these actually match up because it would be odd to have only a few unnamed seasons. I think we can just use these official names to name the seasons but then add a note saying where the arc itself begins. Because the pages say "season" specifically, so they should likely match what seasons are, not what subtitle episodes are. This similarly says that the Orange League arc starts at Pallet Party Panic by having a notice under it saying "BEGIN ORANGE ISLAND EPISODES", making a clear distinction between seasons and titles (which fans commonly confuse as being the same thing).
- And yeah, the seasons actually do the parts thing with the 4Kids seasons, that's correct - 4Kids would produce 52 episode seasons exactly each regardless of the opening theme or how many episodes have a title (for example, the Johto Journeys subtitle began with JE001, but the third season began with OI026).
- The headers should be named with their series names given that some episodes are not even apart of seasons like the Porygon episode (for example, name IL001-OI036 "The Beginning" per official sources and name JE001-JE158 "Gold and Silver", with AG being "Ruby and Sapphire", and so on), so Akihabara-hakase's page could say "The Beginning" and list it conveniently by series, rather than listing seasons of a region as if they were anything different when they're all the same series. If there's two headers with the same name after the bot has finished editing it, I think we'd have to merge both sections into one.
- Edit: Also, there's no link changes necessary. Just a matter of correcting the listings of which episode is in which season (given that many of them are wrong). I do think we should merge "season anime images", "season Pokémon" or "season moves" into a single category about the series. "The Beginning" referring to IL001-OI036, Gold and Silver referring to JE001-JE158, XY[Z] meaning XY001-XY142, there's no significant difference between events in seasons that exists in any more of a meaningful way than series and it'll be better organized to cut down on the amount of categories used, and sections should likely refer to the whole series and not a single season as if it is of interest to anyone the tiny difference between seasons (given that they all occur in the same region), as there is a better organized view of difference between series in general. You can see Bulbapedia primarily lists their episodes by the overall region series and lists dub seasons as side pages such as this and this - this has nothing to do with "copying plans and ideas from Bulbapedia", and does involve original ideas relating to the biography headers on pages and category listings, while avoiding the exclusive usage of incorrect season lists to refer to events in the show; the only virtually possible way to lists seasons properly is to list things primarily by overall series lists and do seasons as side lists that discuss the events of the show in increments distributed to TV networks according to the season structure of television in the United States, and there's also the matter that episodes like IL018: Beauty and the Beach, IL035: The Legend of Dratini, TB038: Cyber Soldier Porygon, and so on officially are not attached to any season (that former one was aired as a 2000 special and whenever channels around the world air Pokémon, they'll air "Pokémon season X" and that one episode is not apart of a season, which is why it hasn't gotten any release in the United States on DVD/VHS or any other release other than two summer airings on Kids' WB! in the year of 2000). This page is wrong in claiming that those events are from season 1. I think we should list something like the official English title of the Kanto and Orange part of the original series, "The Beginning" because there's not really all that much that is different between seasons -- the overall series are more general, important divisions of what happens in the overall plot of the show. PokémonGamer* 22:59, December 21, 2017 (UTC)
- Yeah, as for the Gladion page, it would be better to have additional spacing that indicates that whatever follows are events from whatever will be the next season.
- (removed an incredibly long paragraph here to avoid it becoming unreadable and too long) As this user has stated, the seasons are officially set out and doesn't need to be debated and depending on how it's released, whether the full series, it's apart of a season batch, so season 6 ran for 52 episodes and included the last 12 Master Quest eps and the 40 Advanced eps, not just the 40 Advanced ones, so AG001 is the 13th episode of that season but the first one of it to involve Hoenn and that's how it is under the Ruby and Sapphire series batch (Ruby and Sapphire begins with [season]x[episode] number 6x13), but out of that season it's the 13th episode. Even if we were not going to change anything, I'm still going to tell people how it works when helping people out with figuring out the release schedules (and refer people to the whole The Beginning/Gold and Silver/Ruby and Sapphire divisions and the seasons) and it's not my fault that the truth just so happens to contradict the wiki's lists which are editable by fans who can edit anything. I'm not attacking anyone here, it's just that I'm telling the truth about seasons which is so obvious and doesn't really need to be debated over. Keep in mind that Piplup user was the translator of the official Hebrew dub for the last few episodes of season 11 and the company he worked with back in 2009 for the translation bit received episodes by the official seasons too, because for example season 1 was never every IL episode, and a user named AtoMan on Bulbapedia forums actually translated season 11 episodes as well. So yes, it is important to make sure the lists are proper and I will never pass off these incorrect lists as accurate even if we leave them as-is (I'd only be listing season 2 Indigo episodes as season 1 currently only because the wiki policy currently mandates using incorrect lists of seasons for no apparent reason), and it's not something that can easily be ignored if it's a matter of correcting false information. Although I'm afraid people are just going to attack me at some point in the future for suggesting the lists on the main wiki are wrong and want to kill me for suggesting doing Japanese lists (for the full series and have sections for Japanese episode divisions) and dub seasons to avoid false information, which is why I'm worried to make this comment but at least I'm being fully honest here about such information, which some sites are not (and list wrong information that is contradicted by every television network and company around the world) for I don't know why. So yes there's actually a very good reason for changing these incorrect lists, and Kamil Pozorski (AtoMan) is actually highly known in the Polish fandom, and actually translated the official Polish dub for many episodes of season 11, and he's a user on Bulbagarden who has discussed the actual seasons for years, and I'll stress this again: there is no point in intentionally confusing readers with knowingly false information.
- So overall, there is a purpose in doing this (and not really all that much that can be ignored). But I doubt you'll get the idea (and why it is important to stop spreading this false information on the pages) because most users here are from the US which had very short or non-existent breaks (and the only way Kids WB would shine the light on where seasons begin and end is to air the premiere episode of those seasons in August or September, and all 4Kids/Kids WB seasons were aired that way, so as to air every season one per year), which is why some here like to insist that the first episode of season 2 is OI001, when it's actually IL052, followed by IL053 and IL058-OI025, with the Beginning series and the second The Beginning batch ending at OI036 with the first Johto episode beginning with JE001 with OI026-OI036 also included in season 3 in those separate season releases that use seasons instead of the Beginning, Gold and Silver, and Ruby and Sapphire's batches and those are how every network and company gets it. How the wiki does it has been contradicted by how the show has been distributed from its first TV debut and how it always has been and still is today. It is contradicted by the breaks followed in other countries where season breaks actually exist. I am not being all that nitpicky or obnoxious as some users may make me out to be, and neither is correcting false information. Any misleading fanmade variations that are different from the official season layouts are wrong and the people defending them are also wrong. Which is why many of these products that advertise season 1 and contain 52 episodes (despite that being what it is) such as DVDs or television airings in other countries are often the target of poor reception because of the misleading fansites pretending that season 1 is IL001-IL082, and yes Viz Media uses titles and opening songs, not seasons, and you see many of their modern box sets do not say "season" on them for that reason, in fact they released a 52-episode BluRay of season 1 and some people claimed that it was missing around 30 of the episodes when that is clearly not the case. [And if JE134 was dubbed, the sixth season would've started with "You're a Star Larvitar" and ended with AG039, as 4Kids would use all 52 episode slots that Kids WB purchases, we see TPCi signing a contract with the network to have them purchase all 52 slots and cutting seasons short, and when season 9 ran, they aired 47 of the 52 purchased episodes, so I'm pretty sure something in their contract allowed TPCi to cheat the network out of 5 episodes and cut it short if it makes sense. Pokémon USA/TPCi does their own kind of thing for their seasons, and it would be great if they returned to doing seasons that do not match opening themes like 4Kids did 5 out of their 8 times as it would yet again be completely contradictory to the fan garbage pretending that OI001 is the second season premiere which this wiki likes to insist as correct for some very odd reason - This bumper has Kids WB specifically announcing that IL052's premiere was the season premiere of season 2, not OI001 and seasons and opening themes sometimes wouldn't match in 4Kids days. The fans' "well, this is the way it should be" thing does not change how seasons actually are, and it's been explained for like a decade how seasons work. The earliest I can find is this post from Dogasu. And Dogasu's explained it perfectly: [pasted from Dogasu's post on Bulb's forum:] "Fans can group episodes however they want. If you think the official way sucks, fine. And if you think your way is better, fine. Just realize that the actual, official way of labeling seasons is what Piplup and I have been talking about in this thread. Openings don't matter. Sagas don't matter. Your "well this is the way it should be" arguments don't matter. None of the justifications the fans come up for mislabeling the seasons change any of that."]
- The fact that many of the wiki's season lists are screwed up is why I consider this to be an issue but it seems like no one will know what I'm talking about and this is all in vain because people insist on using fanmade "seasons" rather than the correct official ones, and I'm mainly talking about the wiki erroneously claiming that OI001 is the first episode of season 2 (when it's actually the 28th, there's nothing justifying such an obvious mistake as being 27 episodes off and listing *two dozens and a half* season 2 episodes in season 1), and as said, there's nothing nitpicky or obnoxious about this. None of the Viz DVDs say "season" anywhere, and Indigo League Volume 3 consists of season 2 episodes (so Volumes 1 and 2 have season 1 episodes), because Viz Media's release is an Indigo League release: therefore it will include Indigo League episodes regardless of which season they're from - given that Viz Media's Blu-ray is a season 1 release (that actually released the season as 52 episodes and not 80) rather than an Indigo League release, it's safe to say their original 2009 release that says "season 1" on the season 2 episodes is just another packaging mistake, given that the "season 1" label is not used on later releases nor the Indigo League re-releases by Viz in 2014, also I'm pretty sure TPCi suggested this in recent months as multiple DVD companies in the English speaking countries have released Blu-ray/HD releases of season 1 very recently that list the season correctly and not by the fanmade "opening = season".
- One of the things I like at Dogasu's site is that he lists the seasons correctly, which some fan-sites completely fail at doing: http://dogasu.bulbagarden.net/comparisons/kanto/kanto_list.html
- PokémonGamer* 00:16, December 23, 2017 (UTC)
Recently watched the latest SM episode and Bulba said James' Mareanie is a female. (when Mareanie saw the wedding, it imagined itself married to James) Should we state Mareanie's gendr now? Diana Lover (talk) 00:51, December 23, 2017 (UTC)Diana loverDiana Lover (talk) 00:51, December 23, 2017 (UTC)
Reporting a user
For blockage reasons are the user's spamming and copying user's profile's, So you notice as such no clue why he's doing that anyway i worned him twice for you.Trainer Micah (talk) 10:52, December 23, 2017 (UTC)
- Thank you sir and you can also check out that other report he wasn't hacked he was locked now he creates two accounts oi what is this user's world coming too.
- And about my message before do you see it about off topic post & Images post reopening ^ i was wondering if you can enhance the rules make them more seriously. So you notice thanks again.Trainer Micah (talk) 11:18, December 23, 2017 (UTC)
- And for reference, the other titles I see there mentioned: "バスケでゲットだぜ！！" , "超強力！！金曜日のポケモン" , "立ち上がれ、ベイリーフ" , "大追跡！消えたヤドンを救え！！" , "ピカチュウ争奪！！カモネギ探し" 
- PokémonGamer* 18:21, December 23, 2017 (UTC)
- Vol. 2:
- "かくとうポケモンを使いこなせ！！" 
- "ぶったおせ！謎の大木！！" 
- "ゴールド・ブラックＶＳロケット団" 
- "出現！伝説のポケモン" 
- "ミルタンクとの約束" 
- "熱戦！ミニポケモン大会" 
- "謎の森をぬけだせ！！" 
- "生まれてこい！新ポケモン！！" 
- Vol. 3:
- "デンリュウ教出大作戦！！" 
- "きりぬけろ！激闘海上バトル" 
- "謎のうずまき島の真実！！" 
- "絶体絶命！！ルギアとの戦い" 
- "かくとうポケモンの極意" 
- "ピカチュウとの別れ！？" 
- "ともに戦おう！！未来のために" 
A very dearest greet
-ing to you,
to you Jakov.
(Energy X) I hope, you
-omely, a lot
of happiness to
you from me.
Sir,recents comments by a mod and an admin in the previoua atlas post have hurt me. I need not give any credentials to my complaint,you shall see it yourself. The two people neednt be named, I dont want them to be warned. I Am shocked and demand an apology whatsoever happens.Shashank Singh 10:12, December 29, 2017 (UTC)professorshashank
This contributor here is posting some hentai pictures of Serena is showing her private spots within his profile. This guy needs to be blocked....xc
I think that it is overkill as in taking up too much space above the top of the page. If only it was accessible via a side bar or at the bottom of the page via a recommended tab, that would be better. PokémonGamer* 23:57, January 3, 2018 (UTC)
- If that's awkward, I guess maybe inserting "Pokémon the Series:" before every section is better. That's how the official title handles it.
- It's titled "Pokémon the Series: Black and White". Although should the page names all have "(series)" in them as well? Only Sun & Moon and XY have official names that are the same as a season, so what I was saying is that those should maybe use it.
- Although I do think we should use the official English series names and the only reason we've been using long-standing translations of the original names is because these official English series titles did not exist prior to XY. The official English titles for any series before XY have been non-existent for a long time until 2015, so I think it's best to use them.
- The official standard is that they place Pokémon the Series: before the name. If "The Beginning" alone sounds too awkward, using Pokémon the Series: The Beginning, the official standard for that name (and others) in recent years should probably suffice.
- I think that I can just track the edits and merge all duplicate headlines, so I know what gets changed to what. Anything Indigo League and Orange Islands gets changed to "Pokémon the Series: The Beginning", anything Johto being changed to "Pokémon the Series: Gold and Silver", and so on. PokémonGamer* 00:37, January 6, 2018 (UTC)
This image [] needs to be renamed as "Slack Off III". The other images uploaded by Prizmaniac require deletion. I will upload a better version in a couple of weeks/months. However, there is no need to write a message on his talk page since he uploaded them upon my request, and forgot to change the name of the image. Silent Songbird 07:49, January 6, 2018 (UTC)
- I'm thinking about placing the section below "Pokémon the Series: XY" (the main series) section. PokémonGamer* 19:06, January 6, 2018 (UTC)
- I think we should split the list of home video releases page into different pages by regions and. That way the page will not be so big when it comes to listing every other region (since most people on the wiki generally only pay attention to the English region 1 US DVD and VHS releases and they pay no attention to any others from other regions and languages, and I think that should be extended to cover all the other region releases) When it comes to the openings and endings thing, listing more than the Japanese and English ones may be more than enough (like you've said before), however there are actually international releases that use English-language tracks (such as the German ones), or could be local English or Japanese releases using other language tracks, so it would be difficult to manage it if we were to restrict coverage on the DVDs to ones that contain Japanese and English audio tracks (unlike the opening/ending theme songs, which in 90% of cases exist in Japanese and English anyway [with most dubs using translated English ones] and could be easier restricted to covering those). It would also be biased to cover only region 1 DVDs, as there is not only one English-speaking country. If not by country, then maybe languages?
- Also, given that 15/13[or 12 depending on if Kalos Quest, which isn't used within the episodes, counts as a "unique subtitle"] seasons have unique openings/subtitles respectively, should any article covering the releases that have different standards of division (standard season/subtitles and opening themes story arcs/both) have this?:
<three "=" header>Subtitle<three "=" header>
[information related to releases that use the subtitle, i.e. the majority of the region 1 US DVD releases]
<three "=" header>Season<three "=" header>
[information related to releases that use the season, like the Australian DVDs do it]
<three "=" header>Both<three "=" header>
[information related to releases that use subtitles on the packaging, but list volume numbers that are based on the season itself, as seen here and here, some Australian releases have done it this way; though the main ones use seasons exclusively)
- Since the official name of the 52-episode first season is "Indigo League", and the name is taken from the 79-episode dub arc whereas season 2 which consists of 52 episodes from the "Indigo League" and "Adventures in the Orange Islands" dub story arcs are called is called "Adventures in the Orange Islands" because it is usual of them to call seasons containing two subtitles by the latter subtitle.
- Since 7/6 [like I said, varies depending on how Kalos Quest is considered, based on the episode itself or the later-added title] seasons are inconsistent with opening themes and story arc subtitles, those sections could maybe be used to handle them.
- PokémonGamer* 06:18, January 7, 2018 (UTC)
- Those are not videos. Anyway, if we split them by the series, well then we'd have to deal with the seasons that involve two series, seasons 3 and 6. Beyond Home Entertainment in Australia uses the TV broadcast seasons rather than openings/subtitles like Viz Media does. Season 6 involves episodes from Gold and Silver and Ruby and Sapphire, so should any listing of Ruby and Sapphire just list the latter 40 episodes that take place in the Hoenn region, by saying that it "continues from the Gold and Silver arc" or list the full list even those that take place in Gold and Silver? As seasons 3 and 6 had episodes from two series as 4Kids Entertainment would always make their seasons 52 episode blocks ignoring intro theme and plot, sometimes containing episodes from two series or OP theme arcs and that's how the show is licensed out and aired on TV channels around the world - for example any TV channel saying they'll air "season 1" will air 52 episodes from IL001 to IL057 (ignoring the three banned ones and the IL052/IL053 ones that were held over to season 2), and this is according to the official numbering and not the fanmade one (since the official numbering is how channels everywhere get it).
- For example, Disney XD India took a break between Charizard Chills (where 4Kids ended season 2 here in the US) and The Pokémon Water War (the first episode broadcast in season 3 in the US). Keep in mind all of the Indigo and Orange arcs are part of "The Beginning" so we would likely have to list the first 11 episodes from the season 3 set in the Australian DVD section (as season 3 began with Water War on Kids' WB! in the US following a summer break with 3 season two episodes yet to air, and that's usually how channels worldwide air it, except for those channels tend to put the episodes in order unlike Kids' WB!, but the official season ordering in Pokémon is determined by production codes so channels around the world who never change the order will always stick to production codes, and then when one season's finished, they'll air reruns and then buy the rights to air the next season in that country, resulting in a break for production by the dubbing company and then the network being sent the episodes of that season and running it -- Kids' WB! would usually have short or non-existent breaks and the US DVDs release exclusively by subtitles and opening themes, sometimes with the distributor even confusing them with seasons on the Indigo League ones only [the same as how they confuse "The Johto Journeys" as meaning all of Johto, thus including an image of Politoed on a Johto Journeys set when it doesn't appear until Master Quest, and the volume 1 set of the Indigo League re-release that no longer erroneously calls it a "season" has two images from the volume 2 set on it, the Viz DVDs are so full of mistakes and the fact that the seasons and story arcs are internally named the same contributes to that confusion, which is why I don't find it all that hard to believe Viz Media made the mistake, as the much more organized Australian DVDs and every single other source such as official streaming/digital releases, and the Australian season sets, the official sites around the world, every single other DVD company (and the fact that they remove the "season" label from sets that aren't seasons), Viz Media's own Blu-ray of season 1 (which contradicts any release Viz Media has that says "season 1 = 80 episodes" [again this mistake was only present on the original box sets and none of the 78-episode re-releases of the Indigo League set have this mistake present on them], and every channel around the world that's been airing the dub version or any dub that dubs the English dub since 1998], which is why American fans tend to think OI001 is the first episode of the second season even though it's really the 28th episode of the second season, and why people were surprised when countries said they'll air "season 6" and began with "Address Unown" and complained when season 5 ended with that Magby ep (i.e., You're a Star, Larvitar) - the first time they ridiculously complained is when the network aired season 1 and they supposedly "stopped in the middle"....no one stopped in the middle of anything, season 1 is 52 eps and they aired as they promised, with season 2 continuing from here -- as you can see I seriously hope people would just accept the official seasons -- per this URL, the 6th broadcast season which those URLs do actually follow the broadcast standards, began with Address Unown which is why I sincerely hate it when fans try to "fix" the official order to one that "makes more sense" while giving up all accuracy with something that isn't supported by an official source either way [and the Hoenn Cap Pikachu event that took place in recent months a few months ago in September-October 2017 listed a Trainer ID based on the air date September 13, 2003 which is when Address Unown first aired, since it is the first episode of the 6th season, so officially that's what season 6's original run began with]; and such as the order of XY050, that is officially XY050 and aired in a similar order in the dub, and the fishing episode is what it is, as it aired in the same order in both the original and the dub, regardless of if it was "supposed to be there to begin with", in Russia/Norway/[I think] Sweden/Denmark, the show was canceled after season 2 so the last episode they saw was "Charizard Chills", so they didn't get the season 3 Orange episodes nor the Johto Journeys, Johto League Champions, nor did they get the first 52 episodes of Master Quest, when they returned with season 6 they got the last 12 Master Quest episodes from season 6 and went straight to Hoenn, and according to Adamant/Dephender, a Norwegian user, the network failed to pick up season 3 and the Norwegian fandom was thankful when the show returned to airing that they didn't care how much they missed; this is also seen by the Denmark official site where seasons 3-5 are missing as Danish dubs of those seasons don't exist; and season 6 is exactly like I said it aired as - the last 12 Master Quest eps and the 40 Advanced ones, not just the 40 Advanced ones, season 2 the official site divides as Princess VS Princess to Charizard Chills, not the first Orange ep to the last Orange ep like the fandom makes up, note they were one of the countries to cancel the show after season 2 and return with season 6, note the official description of season 2 which explains the events of the final Kanto part in it as well; "Ash’s journey to the top of the Indigo League continues—but will his friendship with fellow Pokémon League competitor Richie endanger his chances? With his Kanto journey completed[...]"). This is also seen on Netflix, where they had season 1 which contained I Choose You to The Breeding Center Secret, and when they had season 2, it used the official rule of "season = 52 episodes as aired on TV" (which the 4Kids seasons follow), not "season = opening theme", was from Princess VS Princess to Charizard Chills (excluding the season 2 Jynx eps that were banned in 2014 and the official site pretends they never existed to begin with now due to them going back and renumbering the episodes to get rid of them altogether). Netflix has it right and they know what they were talking about, because as Dephender stated, this is how the show is sold to companies worldwide and the season divisions are based on how they were originally aired in the year's time frame in which the seasons were originally produced and purchased by the WB - just the fandom that makes trash up about the season divisions and bashes Netflix for not staying consistent with their made-up garbage not having a single clue what they're talking about.
- Thus for any DVDs of seasons that contain episodes from more than one series, should we just list the episodes on that DVD that take place within the series and add a note saying the first or last episodes in the season are apart of a different series? Or list all the episodes and add a note that explains that some of them are from a different series?
- For example, this is one of those DVD box sets from Australia and in Australia, they have better organized releases that group episodes by the official seasons way instead of openings and subtitles, which is why the Australian DVDs release episodes the way they do - this set for example contains 49 episodes - which is the 52 episodes between Princess VS Princess and Charizard Chills, minus the three Jynx episodes, and not 36 or 34 that take place in the Orange Islands and Australia even has huge box sets for seasons 1-19, for whole region groups, whole series, etc.. The Super Wallet for season 2 and the original release of one of those other formats (they have multiple formats like Super Wallets, digipaks, etc. for example) from the Australian DVD distributor Beyond Home Entertainment had the Jynx episodes but I'm sure that the Company had to step in there and remind them of the issues with them as all of the re-releases remove those episodes which is why the release contains 49 episodes short of the 52 that the other 4Kids seasons contained - 4Kids did originally have it as 52, but TPCi decided to remove three of them in May 2014 due to the whole Jynx issue with the first release to do so occurring with the Australian DVDs in April 2014, which is why that release only has 49.
- PokémonGamer* 20:45, January 7, 2018 (UTC)
- Okay, I was wondering how it should be added. So yes, I think it would be better to include it on the page of the new series it introduces if it's a consistent format. Thus having season 3 on Gold and Silver and season 6 on Ruby and Sapphire, while putting a note that says that the first 11 episodes of season 3 are in The Beginning while the first 12 episodes of season 6 are in Gold and Silver. (And the "see also" note can say "Due to the last 12 episodes of the Master Quest subtitle of the Gold and Silver series being broadcast in season 6, they were released on the season 6 DVD sets. They are listed on [[List of home video releases/Pokémon the Series: Ruby and Sapphire]]." Additionally, these season divisions is how the show is officially split in the dub and handled worldwide (and how it is done for television sale purposes to TV channels and dubbing companies and how the official site added their episode guide, not just something the DVD series releases made up. So I'll try to have that listed for all the regions that release the DVDs by the seasons instead of subtitles. (Lol, as for that videos thing, I was confused when I saw the section name "Videos", not knowing what you were referring to.) PokémonGamer* 22:54, January 7, 2018 (UTC)
Can you check the wikia activity page out reason i'm requesting a users blog to be deleted reason's are after you read this user's Devilmaster3000 Red & Sapphire it has alot of inappropriateness and i'm request it deleted due to our other user's might be young aged say 13 upwards can you delete it thanks.
- I also messaged the user a worning that if i see another blog like that again i'll worn him and then you or whois ever on can take actions alright so you notice as such.Trainer Micah (talk) 23:09, January 8, 2018 (UTC)
- I saw your message yesterday and your welcome anytime.Trainer Micah (talk) 01:14, January 10, 2018 (UTC)
Energy X, check Trainer Micah's reply on ThepokemonGamer's talk page! He intentionally is saying that, i'm trying to use my old account. I already changed username once of that account, that i can't in second. If i did any wrong activity, you easily could catch me! Alain Sycamore (talk) 08:07, January 9, 2018 (UTC)
Well seeing he's not using his X Dragonlord account sense i can see it in my archive then alright, And two i don't know if he created a account before the chaos happened with the Jet user naming this account sense he's not using this as well. The account i'm refering to is; Master Ketchum 02 i think?
- And just to inform Alain i know his number's which is;
- 1 Marlin 2016 isn't his account it's Marlin 2019's i know on 2 I see on 3 I know i don't want anyone demoted period we're all doing great work here why does Alain think that? 4 He say's alot of user have been complaing against me where at? On discussion post or where also have there been any complaint's on as a moderator?
- If so how many times do i have to apologize up/down to them? Should i make a apology post or what?
- 5 I see Eldrago was Slim's account back then & That Ash The Kalos champion i saw on 6 Alain i think needs to be notified in message maybe needs to take a step back as a moderator to check & seeing what's occuring on all three of our talk page's that is Your's mine & ThePokemonGamer. As you can see he's being kinda rude not calling a fellow moderator or his friend however i will say friendships sometimes take sometime to build even when on a wikis community right.
- So you know as such & if i did/cause anything wrong as a moderator let me know so i can sort it out alright thank you sir. And i'm going to check with ThePokemonGamer for abit. Alright so you notice as such and your always welcome to check my talk page anytime.Trainer Micah (talk) 02:01, January 10, 2018 (UTC)
- I assume both were due to 4Kids not knowing that there was already a name for that character, the role of Kanna was changed in the dub (as you can see, none of the characters say she's an Elite Four member). I checked pokemon.com's synopsis on both cases and it appears they both use the changed 4Kids name (otherwise, it would be easier to say it's a different case if only one of them did). And no, the episode was not removed by 4Kids Entertainment - both Kids WB and Cartoon Network/Boomerang aired it without issues and it was even on the CN Video app. Just that TPCi removed the episode from the site completely in May 2014 (it was previously visible and as seen by DVD releases in Australia, it was still licensed out, previously it just wasn't played on the official app and the synopsis didn't include Jynx in the sample pics), so it was removed by TPCi. However, the plot synopsis used the same thing (and yes, "Season 2, Episode 46" and not "Season 2, Episode 19", because that first grouping is how any TV company licensing the show would get it -- a season refers to a number of episodes of a certain length running over a certain period of time referred to as that season's "run" in television, Pokémon's dub seasons are run on a yearly basis. Though then again, Bulbapedia only has characters on one page except for main ones, so they can get away with mentioning the official dub name Prima without having to make such a tough decision. Any official synopsis of that media uses whatever name that media uses when it comes to both cases, even if it contradicts other media, even if the renaming was mistaken to begin with. Although keeping it "Lorelei (anime)" would solve the disambiguation issue because there's no reason to say that Kanna ("Lorelei") and "Prima" are two different identities of characters. The "usual principles" thing is not always the way things work though, because with seasons for example (a term that Pokémon fans love to butcher to refer to openings, subtitles, or whatever seasons are not when they do not follow the usual "coinciding with opening themes and subtitles" principle) usually follows opening themes and subtitles or plots but sometimes, it's been different. For example, whenever any US or foreign company buys season 1, they get every episode from "I Choose You" to "The Breeding Center Secret", not every episode taking place in Kanto, the fandom's crazy inaccurate season divisions (and the fans' ridiculous complaints against Netflix, the season 1 Blu-ray, and the channels around the world, all of which don't follow such incorrect divisions) notwithstanding. The purpose of these seasons is to be able to distribute batches of episodes to channels, and 4Kids seasons were divided among 52-episode batches that are purchased by networks for a weekly run that occurs over a year, regardless of opening or story (only seasons 4, 7, and 8 followed opening themes, and all of TPCi's seasons). In cases like those, usual principles are ignored in special cases like that. Seasons of Pokémon are not based on opening themes, just that the companies like to have them coincide with which episodes are in a season as of season 7 - they can even have one season contain three or four opening themes if they wanted to.
- It's not really all that "wrong" if we just leave that page name or page description as is though, as it's not something I'm adamantly going for changing (the original version and the games considers the characters the same identity, although officially per the synopsis of that episode the character is named differently depending on whether it's the animated show or the games/Origins/other variants, leaving it as-is may be good in the event that they do change it to "Lorelei" in later episodes in the dub like years from now for example, in fact in 2014 TPCi actually de-existed the Prima episode and no official site, DVD release, or any official release as of that year features the episode, nor Holiday Hi-Jynx or Stage Fight, and they now pretend that episode never existed as if they could change the past, so yes it is entirely possible they could dub a future episode and call her "Lorelei" or even have the characters say lines that imply it's her first appearance because they pretend the Mandarin Island episode never existed at any point of time as they were removed from the official site in May 2014, and have covered it up everywhere; literally the only evidence they existed is as Dogasu pointed out, the fact that Viz Media used the exact same discs and menus as released in 2002, 2003, and 2008 and lazily colored them out of the menu (he mentions that at the bottom of his page here), and as seen by this image, there is an open gap where that episode used to be and here's a screenshot I took from that same menu on my discs which are from the original complete releases).
- Additionally, the comment above Trainer Micah's is clearly wrong, as me and the two other users have pointed out. I didn't block the changed name, I only blocked the old account since one user can only have one active account unless a reason is given (which doesn't mean he is currently using it), and assumed Alain Sycamore is the account he's using since the old account isn't the moderator one. I consider the original account it was renamed from and the new name one account and not two different accounts, and I am aware the Master Ketchum 02 account was the same account, just renamed from that. If he is using a different account, the old one would have to be blocked, as users can only have one account, regardless of if he was using it at the moment. This doesn't mean he's doing anything wrong, just that he cannot have two accounts active at the same time, as Trainer Micah said. As you can see, I do completely understand what I'm doing, and since it's the one he's done all his latest activity on and the moderator account, I assumed that's what he wanted to use. Which is why I'm not being "crusading" or "insulting".
- I never suggested Alain Sycamore should be demoted. I only suggested that he should not have two active accounts (even if he's not using them) - and me blocking the old account has nothing to do with him doing anything wrong, Bulbapedia blocks old accounts of users who have new ones as well and they don't provide repercussions on their main accounts unless they created the second account and return to the first one. He created a second account and resorts to it, so I blocked the older account to make sure he only has one active. An old abandoned account would have to be blocked as users cannot have two active accounts. He did not misbehave in any way though, and there is no reason to get him demoted for having another account. I'm not blocking his main account, I only blocked the old one since users cannot have two active accounts if they abandon the older one, so the older one would need to be blocked. Saksham is suggesting I was saying he was doing something mischievous but all I did was block the old account - he did nothing wrong, just can't have two accounts active without a purpose provided for needing both unblocked (likewise, having two accounts active with the second account being a security and privacy account or a bot doing automated or semi-automated edits and the first account being used to do online manual edits would be considered actual purposes with a requirement for having two accounts active) - he didn't misbehave though - if a user abandons an account, the abandoned account should be blocked as a user cannot have two accounts on the wiki without a reason for needing the other account. In this case, he created a new account to change the username (since he already did that previously, and Wikia doesn't allow changing it again), there's no purpose for the old account.
Sir can you check this user Ramya Sharma 2 the user's bio says he's at age 11 and his birthdate is March 18th with no year applied to it i'm asumming he is still that age. Can you take action? Thank's i know ToU well and if Ramya is not aged 13 he should know better before he joins right. So yeah i've noticed it yesterday and i give thanks to user's Incredible Y & Professor Shashank Singh for there report yesterday did you or ThePokemonGamer not see him i wonder?
- Anyway i'll be glad to report any under ager as a moderator as long as he or she is under aged however to prove if he or she doesn't do anything wrong as such, I see no reasons why user's like Ramya needs reported right? Especially if he is age 11 or higher, So yeah let me know what you think. And i'll be online Monday taking some time inactive.
Hey Energy X,
Can you maybe have a look at this template? The back sprites seem to appear on the wrong place on that template. For example here.
Thanks in advance,
- The only ones that appear to be copied are many of those TCG ones. Those can be searched on Bulbapedia and you can click the images in their infoboxes to verify which ones are copied. Those other ones appear to be using popular ROM/image extraction programs such as Desmume's screenshot feature that does a screenshot of both screens in the native resolution of the DS. There's also an option for the emulator to show you the background of what is on-screen by extracting it from the RAM of the current scene and from the game's ROM data for that background, and also some Pokémon map editors that are specifically designed to do that (for GBA games). Thanks to this new Desmume build, I can adjust 3D Settings and use the AVI recorder and then open the AVI in Sony Vegas, edit it down to a single screen (while keeping the black bars intact), open it in VLC and have it in a bigger size without losing quality (this is if I'm able to access the segment in the game where something occurs).
- PokémonGamer* 22:49, January 18, 2018 (UTC)
Energy, A user has been spamming in the Discussions by posting unnecessary NSFW pictures and talking nonsense. Please take an action against him as soon as possible. MODs cannot delete his posts every second, only a block can stop him. The photos have been edited and removed by the moderators, here's the other information regarding that user http://pokemon.wikia.com/d/u/34432026
Suggestion cum request
Sir, Althouh your decisions are absolute, I believe that we users sud hav some say on the election of moderators. There should be a proper election, wherein users wud reply in a post. In it, if there is only one contender, the users will say either aye or nay; in case of multiple competitors, their numbers or names wud suffice. In this way, there would be unbiased and harmonios election of moderators. Secondly, I again put a request that Thee shall please give me the moderator rights. Thee may hold an election or even discuss, it is your decision. Please do think.Shashank Singh 12:12, January 22, 2018 (UTC)professorshashank
Stop this Blocking lover
Stop blocking other people, Don't block me
Sorry for Edtiting Category. I Was Wrong For Some Reason, Sorry. And I Won't Do That Agian ^^;
While your checking around
Can you check the generation 7 page out and find out whois posted the Sun 2 & Moon 2 under the game information out?
- I knew someone posted it earlier and is now fibbing it you know telling a lie as such so you know. Can you check it's history and undo it? Thanks, I knew Sun 2 & Moon 2 isn't real and i'm glad i checked via local game location's area's out on occasion's. So you know as such i'm amazed at user's who'd want to lie on us & glad i get out occasionally to check thing's Energy so you know.Trainer Micah (talk) 17:20, January 28, 2018 (UTC)
Sir, I would request you to provide me the right of a discussion moderator. I am always active, and am responsible. I have the conscience if what is bad and what is good. I would also like to help the moderators in their work, and learn a lot from them. Please do consider my request.Shashank Singh 15:38, January 30, 2018 (UTC)professorshashank Talk page:professorshashank
It's been a while, i was in pokemon wiki. I did a lot... But, now, it kinda seems like, im leaving social media applications. And, this won't be temporary... Due to some personal matters... Im just letting you know... 'Cause, i won't be online after today! Anyways, im done with that position (moderating discussions area is really easy) im taking a step back now... Maybe ill be back... Maybe, i won't... Thanks Alain Sycamore (talk) 23:21, February 1, 2018 (UTC)
Sir, As you know, I have surely got the support of three moderators as per the quota. Now, Do I need to be online only for 4 Months?(Cause I have been here since 6 months, and have tried my best to contribute this wiki. My promotion shall humbly enhance this contribution, as I assure you that I will ensure that Mr Sycamore's legacy will be continued. If he is willing to give his rights(which has shocked me. *What could be the reasons I don't know*), then I would like to receive them and make the discussions area a good place. YoursShashank Singh 11:59, February 2, 2018 (UTC)professorshashank Will this do,Sir?
Shashank Singh 12:02, February 2, 2018 (UTC)professorshashank
Oh? You noticed
I'm supporting Shashank in becoming a discussion moderator, And yes i am due to Alain Syncamore's inactivity from today on because we don't know if he'll be coming back or not. So you know i know "maybe" doesn't really say yes or no to me so either or way yeah with him gone i'm noticing we may need one other moderator for discussion post so yeah.
- I am supporting him if anyone else support's him then yeah Alain said he should become a administrative user instead, However i know it'll take more experiences to become one so yep Shashank did want to become a discussion moderator so yes. I see why Alain said he wanted to be"demoted" and (is done with the position) & i question why? & Will he be inactive for more then a year with "family matter's" or "important matter's" to deal with? So you know as such yes i support Shashank 100% sense he did say he's been active for more then six month's him sense we now have a position open for discussion moderator so you know.
- And yeah i was shocked when Alain said that two you an ThePokemonGamer last night so you know. Anyway if needed let me know and i'll be on discussion post if needed okay so and yeah i see why ThePokemonGamer messaged him after i did and it is true that moderator's do need reasons for demotion so yeah if he's truely done with the position & has personal matters to attend to then yeah that might explain why Alain wants to be demoted.Trainer Micah (talk) 15:34, February 2, 2018 (UTC)
Ill be back! After finishing exams! After that, i'm ready to take my role back! Cuz, i cant leave fandom! Never! So, i removed my role! Please, dont get angry on me! Sorry! Alain Sycamore (talk) 06:06, February 3, 2018 (UTC)
I sense that it would be beneficial if I would be given the rights. Saksham bhaiya has his own rightful reasons to leave, that is exams. Even mine are starting, but I remain active more than many users. Plus I see a negligence in the rules after Alain stepping down. I would act as a deputy discussion moderator until Alain returns. I would also stay active after his return. Shashank Singh 09:12, February 3, 2018 (UTC)professorshashank
Sir, I ain't going! I've decided to come back! I can give my time to both wiki and Studies! Also, it's not a game (sorry for that, whatever i did) could you return my rights back? I'm downloading app back! Thanks Alain Sycamore (talk) 12:00, February 3, 2018 (UTC)
I just wanted to inform you that everyone has responded on the subject you started in Discord. And we have come to a unanimous decision there. Could you maybe come and check it out?
Thank you in advance,
Username changing request.
Sir, do i have a permission to change my username? I actually wanna change it... Reasons are, i like that name and wanna be in that usernamd forever! Second, i joined some other fandom, it'll be common in all fandoms. So, please? Alain Sycamore (talk) 11:12, February 7, 2018 (UTC)
Two users,by the username Tasin Sheikh and Alolan-Ash are annoying me. The former is posting useless stuff,spamming images, and is using Hindi. The latter, the one named Alolan Ash is completely strange. He has disrespected me twice by commenting on my ability as an English speaker, by pointing out my mistakes in public. I hate when these kind of things happen. Posting off topic is banned, I guess? Please take necessary actions on the first one, maybe a block. Please warn the second one. I ain't posting good english just for the sake of "satisfying" people!Shashank Singh 22:34, February 11, 2018 (UTC)professorshashank Plus, someone always undeleted his replies. That is not appreciated.Shashank Singh 22:34, February 11, 2018 (UTC)professorshashank.
Can you check this user
Trainer Malvika in discussion i noticed that he/she insulted Sasake Haise one of the/our fellow moderator's can you take action? I've gone ahead and worned him/her on here as a moderator and if Sasake Haise agrees that he/she needs to be banned then i have no opinion's there alright.
So you know as such i agree insulting moderator's whoever it may be shoudn't be allowed or tolerated even on discussion post or the wikis fandom's so you know & yeah, Can you do a check and thank's for checking Malvika should've known better the reply was deleted so i've gone ahead and worned him/her on discussion post in Sasake's Atlas post so you know on that it was right *above my reply i said out* to Malvika so you know as such. Now i'll be on my blog if needed continue on where i left off.Trainer Micah (talk) 13:43, February 12, 2018 (UTC)
Hey Energy a ideal
While we're on Discussion post is it possible for us to create/make a Video post where user's can reply a video that they want to watch & then share it with other user's that they know on is it possible for us to create/make a video post as an ideal post? And if so a video or video's that we're already uploaded say uploaded before say twice or so on them from youtube and else where we as moderator's can delete them so you know as such what do you think?
And they can also follow the guideline and rules we made so far by us a suggestion is that alright let me know user's are making suggestion's and i'm thinking on them as ideal post.
Nevermind we have anew post decided we're calling it Mixed media as anew post it'll be posted 24 hour's a date and will be posted by us as moderator's with all types of Video's Image's Drawing's and Meme's all in one and it'll start tomorrow so you know as such apologizes for the message so you know anyway i'm out.Trainer Micah (talk) 14:25, February 13, 2018 (UTC)
I haven't seen any movie uploaded yet only one's i've seen is either or's SM062's or that new opening with the ultra beast's are in other then that no new movie or preview seen yet outta what i see via my side, Even though i'm checking/searching around Energy so you know as such.Trainer Micah (talk) 10:26, February 14, 2018 (UTC)
- Oh that okay i see then, Well movie wise it appeared during Ash's battle with Cross Ash used Charmeleon while Cross used Incineroar which marked his first debut in capture by Cross.
- However later on Mountain Tensei i guess they called it battled Cross & Incineroar again which lead to Ash's Charmeleon evolving to Charizard after that Ash won but Cross didn't take to kindly as Marshadow who was following Ash took Ho-oh's feather from Cross that changed Mount Tensei while Marshadow possessing all the pokemon and later leading to Ash's death & resurection this Pikachu uses Thunder to free all the pokemon from Marshadow's control and bring's Ash back from his mind of no pokemon in the world & then while Ash was in coma i guess he thought he saw Ho-oh but was really a plane passing by then later leading to Ash's resurrection as light start's gathering in front of Pikachu as he heard his Pikachu that lead from the school street, to the meadow, who he saw pikachu in ghostly view as he chased it, to a ocean scenery as Pikachu who saw Ash's glow similar to like a light of a ghost jump's in Ash's arm's or assuming his memory this runs upto Pikachu falling from the sky and catches him as Ash's body get's fully resurrected and Pikachu's in Ash's arm's,
- Which mean's restore (a dead person) to life. Later after Marshadow see's this it give Ash Ho-oh's feather back to Ash as it's restored in color not only restore's the mountain but also call's upon Ho-oh as well this Ash asks Ho-oh to battle it. As it lead's to a pokemon center scene with Ash and Pikachu banged up really good so yeah after that yeah it's fairwell's to Sanji and Verity or whatever her name was as called as the three said "Let's have a battle as they laughed and headed separately" Ash heads in the opposite direction assuming home to change with Pikachu after that yeah.
Yeah, I know about it. But I have been busy, am still busy due to my annual exams. I intend to return back to editing once it is done.
I know you've seen this post: http://pokemon.wikia.com/d/p/3100000000000156993
I want your response regarding this and the many issues I have highlighted, and want to talk to you further about thes. Please leave a message to my talkpage so i can begin.
My moderator rights
I am hereby writing a formal request to receive my rights as a Discussions Moderator, in addition to the comments I left on my talk page regarding the issues we have discussed. Also, I am going to assume it is not you who locked my thread, but shashank who unilaterally did.Paul the dragon trainer! (talk) 07:21, February 24, 2018 (UTC)
Notice and suggestion
Sir, I just wanted to tell you that I will remain inactive from 26 to 12 March, on the occasion of my exams.Please excuse me. Secondly, I am really shocked at the behavior of Mr Paul, who insulted me drastically in the discussions. Not that the allegations on me as a moderator were incorrect, but the reason and the tone was rude. I would be happy to have Mr Paul as a moderator,albeit it would be good if some misunderstandings would be cleared. If I am indeed trash, demote me. But atleast do tell me how to improve. Now the suggestions on the Constitution of Fandom. Code of Conduct
- Conduct should be such that no user or staff member is affected.
- English should be preferred, since it is a universally acclaimed and understandable language.
- Usage of common words would be preferred. This does not mean that a user can't use creative and long words.
- Sarcasm, intended or unintended, should be banned under normal circumstances. Sarcasm is allowed only when the accused is unaffected by normal warnings.
- No cuss words, censored or uncensored, will be allowed. Staff members are not immune to this rule.
(2) Respect To any user, no amount of disrespectful vocabulary or behaviour will be tolerated. Everyone is equal and thus everyone deserves respect. An insult to any staff member, on whatsoever grounds, if done publicly, should be treated as a punishable offence. Politeness is accepted and asked of. When pointing out flaws, try your best to follow the following conventions: A) Please don't create a new discussion wherein you criticise and Insult anyone. B) If possible, message on the talk page. C) Point out the mistakes in the form of bullets,. Don't insult, even if the user is an embodiment of total idiocy.
(3) Moderator-User Divide: Moderators are the sole owners of the Atlas and Mixed-Media post. Atleast I believe so. Users should be allowed to make showdown and battle Post. This much of freedom should be allowed. Drawings should be allowed separate posting. 2 drawings per user separately; 4 drawings per day separately.
Amendments are requested and accepted. Suggestions will be beneficial. Cut/Rejections address promoted sir. On offtopic, please initiate a vote, as requested By Mr Paul. After the result, we will prescribe more rules.. You're Shashank Singh 14:18, February 24, 2018 (UTC)professorshashank
I think it was on the Japanese site of Pokemon. I don't remember where cuz they moved everything but I'll find it someday. Trust me, it wasn't anything fanmade or uncanon. TheWikiOddish (talk) 15:23, February 24, 2018 (UTC)
Oops, sorry. As soon as like a minute I posted the message above I found the link. Hope this helps. Its all in Japanese and my computer doesn't translate so you can probably.
Excuse me, Energy X. I've been on this wiki a lot and I always prevent vandalism with no problems all the time. Will it be okay if I have another rank?--Jokeman20 (talk) 15:24, February 25, 2018 (UTC)
Thanks for the reply. Since I'm not fully experienced in creating new pages, maybe I could give you info on this kind of stuff. Over the week, I'll try to learn how to make articles on the TCG Mange stuff.
Makoto (All below are from Sun & Moon TCG):
- Decidueye GX
- Nest Ball
- Ultra Ball
- Energy Retrieval
- Rotom Dex
(He probably has more, but that will be in later chapters)
Also, if this is your first time seeing this manga, I was kinda the one who brought it here (I'm not taking credit, I'm just saying)
But I always help out here and never any problems. And finding pictures without the property of Bulbapedia is hard. I'm a very trustworthy user. And I'm already a Content Moderator on another wikia. Well, either way, I'm going to keep trying to do my best.--Jokeman20 (talk) 16:21, February 25, 2018 (UTC)
I know that you don't translate this stuff, but thanks for telling me. I'll try to take pictures of the cards when I can. Do you want me to make it so that its the cards from the Manga or the actual cards themselves because most of the cards in the Manga are either low-def or they are covered by other cards (like in a handheld deck where some overlap the pictures of others. If I do take pictures, do you want me to send them to you? Also, over the week, I'm not mostly on because of school, so don't be surprised if I don't message back to a reply. Ok, thats pretty much all I got to say.
Ok, thanks for the feedback. Ya, taking pictures of the cards in manga form would be hard. Also thanks for giving me the "é", I needed that. Also, I have the same question; what are we going to do with the card images in the first place? TheWikiOddish (talk) 22:19, February 25, 2018 (UTC)
Nice, the page for Sophocles TCG Manga is made! I didn't know that that was there. Also, I currently don't know anything about the X & Y series, but I might touch on that later. Also, when you mean "deck" do you mean like you want me to make what his deck would look like (like with the actual Pokémon cards themselves)?
Ok, I'll try to do something with it (like make a representation of what cards he has), but if I do anything wrong or something that doesn't fit your taste, I can edit it further. TheWikiOddish (talk) 22:32, February 25, 2018 (UTC)
Ok, I did basically a sum-up of what you asked me to do and made his deck (some of the cards are listed as temporary because they were given to him by his teacher, Guzmal). The images might be trash because I just took screenshots. If there is anything wrong about it, tell me. TheWikiOddish (talk) 23:18, February 25, 2018 (UTC)
I'm just super confused. Like I said, I'm not fully experienced with the page-editing stuff and how to link and image to a page, so I just don't know what to do. Also, I don't know what you mean by "card scans". Is it like a picture taken from the manga or is it the card itself?
I kind of get what you mean, but I don't know how to link an image to an article. Also, wouldn't just showing the card be confusing because the image you showed me in your message is not all that visible. On some other stuff, I also found out that characters like Lillie, Lusamine, Kiawe and some others are in there. I also found out that in the X & Y manga, I think the main character has the evolution line of Fletchling and the teacher has the evolution line of Chespin & Froakie.
I also have a problem with Charjabug; its card doesn't even appear in the manga itself (which is kinda really stupid despite the fact he used it). And also, most of the cards there are clearly unvisible (like Rhyperior). It took me a long time to figure what card it was representing and then I finally found it.
Ok, did some stuff and found some interesting things:
- The XY series has 36 total chapters.
- There is also this random thing here .
- There is a Rotom Dex themed website that talks about Pokemon Forms and also includes a story video.
- There's another random thing here .
- Some cute puppet stuff .
- Apparently, the hand symbols made by Pyukumuku mean something (Plz erase this from my memory, I'm really weirded out).
Thats pretty much all I found. Sorry if none of this really would become "useful" for the wiki.
Thanks, I didn't realize I was the one who made it! It must have been when I was making the movie character pages. I hope we'll reach 20,000 pages soon!--Lordranged7 (talk) 21:26, February 27, 2018 (UTC)
I added the (Temporary) tag because the ones that he used (like Rainbow Energy, EnteiGX & Rhyperior) were given to him and his friends to fight Guzmals Golisopod, so I listed it as temporary. Anyways, thanks for the support, I might do others if I have time in the day. TheWikiOddish (talk) 00:12, February 28, 2018 (UTC)
Silvally & Type Null's post
Hey Energy can you check Type Null & Silvally are not legendary's post i thought i'd let you know i posted two different replies that indicate Type Null should be in pseudo legendaries category along with Silvally.
I remember while playing pokemon sun moon and ultra sun that Gladion did say he's a beast killer so either he's a pseudo legendary with a legendary pokemon's status or can we say it's beast in return so you notice as such?
- And while i agree with you Solgaleo & Lunala should be legendary in category so you know as such and i gave two example's of there dex entry's i hope this quiet's down there if not i recommend you or i lock the post preventing everyone to argue between the pokemon alright? I don't want it to be like serebii and there forum's okay.
- So you know and i hope it help's apologizes if one pictures blurry abit alright so you know anyway.Trainer Micah (talk) 03:38, February 28, 2018 (UTC)
Hey Energy can you talk with me
Reason's, While checking over the guideline's in discussion post via rules as such i noticed off topic has come back and as i'm looking through the guideline's that was posted when it was made i am wondering can you make the ideal in change for specific rule 5 any solo/single emolji's or emotion in post's need to be deleted? to replies as well?
- Reason's: as you know i know off topic well and as Bill said they could do that with emolji's or emotion's in one reply like so:
- > Hey Billevee, What have you been doing lately? & When are you taking your exam? & Will you be going anywhere today & Why do you think the replies need to be all in one? & How do you think you'll do in your exam?
- As seen above everything's all in one as he said in his reply that i noticed in my post. Not like this,
- Hi - noticeable in deletion's with all the Hi, Hello, Yo, and so on single/solo replies i deleted.
- How are you? - really it is asking a question so how are you doing? Would be more acceptable.
- What's up? - or What's happening? could be put on noticeable i guess.
- And as seen so can you make the ideal in guideline's to change it where it matches Bill's ideal of *all in one* with my example ^ as seen above in this message? Reason's i know off topic well and seeing it's return i'm happy but but i'm not happy when user/user's break a guideline as seen in my off topic post so can you make the change so it'll match his ideal? thanks.
- And let me know what you think and should i make any change's in the off topic post? Sense it's going to Sunday alot has been added we're at 2034 replies should it stop?
- Because i know nobody will delete that. Unless i do it now, alright? So you know & i mean the whole entire post okay? I agree with your rules but seriously user/user's need to take notice if we're going to be updating the guidelines anytime soon okay? I may add the rule now with your premmission of course it's just that one guideline, if not then i'll do as you say and keep it be.
- But do take notice of this so you know as such i know guidelines well & if user or user's break a guideline then i'll be sure we delete the reply or post if it's posted solo/single in emolji's or emotion okay. So you know.
- And take your time reading and let me if you have any question's in return okay so you know.Trainer Micah (talk) 19:12, February 28, 2018 (UTC)
- Alrighty i'll create a post & see if i can talk with them in discussion post so you know as such. And thank's for them message.Trainer Micah (talk) 19:40, February 28, 2018 (UTC)
Apology and Complain
Maybe I got a bit aggravated. I am sorry, but being a bit prissy, I get angry. Anyways, the user Shapeshifter of animals is a spammer as you may know. Please have a look on him. The users are becoming rude. Plusis this Abhi1234 guy still around? Please block Janu Rose.Shashank Singh 14:41, March 3, 2018 (UTC)professorshashank
Getting the Message
I get your message Energy X--Paul Anthony Dy 17:12, March 3, 2018 (UTC)
Sir, please do check Prizmaniqc's post. The bill he has proposed is worth considering. He says that We should allow 1 drawing per individual rather than 3 drawings per day, as the latter would bar others from posting. The rest will be posted in one single post. I look forward to your reply. Would a forum do? ThanksShashank Singh 15:42, March 4, 2018 (UTC)professorshashank
Hello energy! I would request you to check out my latest suggestions in the wiki for drawings and express your opinion, with majority in my support,we only need your approval, hope you understand and reply quickly, I will leave a link below
Check out this Discussion post on Fandom tp://pokemon.wikia.com/d/p/3100000000000164147
In which case, I think it could also be better if needed make different divisions for "Pokémon the Series: XYZ" (which is uniquely recognized as a separate series on some sources, such as the official TX website, and Amazon Prime, and Hulu), or have another division for "Battle Frontier arc" under the Ruby and Sapphire series. I think it would be best to use said names if the biographies get too long, to stay more faithful to a storyline-based division rather than how many episodes an American network buys every year. Because 4Kids was airing on an over-the-air network (Kids' WB!), that network generally required a fixed episode amount (like, many of their shows were Saturday morning ones that got picked up for 52-episode seasons) which is why season 8 contains Battle Frontier stuff, because the show was blindly cut into 52 episode blocks by the network that 4Kids had to adhere to (for the same reason season 2 is last 1/3 Kanto + 2/3 Orange Islands, season 3 is last 1/3 Orange Islands + all of Johto Journeys, and why season 6 is last dozen episodes of Master Quest + all Advanced eps), it's because seasons only exist for distribution purposes and season packages are not a Pokémon concept nor are they even divided solely by the people who work on the dubbed version of the show - they merely create these season packages as a network standards thing (likewise, if TPCi were to do it, they'd be running it on a cable network like they are now and be able to produce a minimum amount of episodes to stay within the main arc, but they do it sufficiently enough to allow the network to have enough episodes to order). If it was some web animation for example, they wouldn't even need "seasons", so it would be best to list more plot-wise indicators. So having a section like "Battle Frontier" that includes the Battle Frontier portion of season 8 would be better than having a section for Battle Frontier's season. We could also include a sub-section under the normal XY series to include "Pokémon the Series: XYZ" without referencing the 19th season as a plot-based indicator. If any Unova (Pokémon the Series: Black & White) descriptions here are stretched, it would be best to use the official titles from the Japanese version of the different Isshu arcs because they make more sense plot-wise. "Best Wishes Season 2" is simply referring to events from Black 2 and White 2 so those are still storyline-wise better divisions for biographies.
Still though, we would need to set standards for which section names to use when. However, these would make way more sense than using "season" divisions since that's merely a determiner of how the show is packaged for licensees into 52-episode chunks (or any number around there, which tends to be around 26 or 13 episodes for other shows that don't operate on a year-round basis) and doesn't mean anything (and seasons sometimes begin and end with fillers). It's not even based on opening themes either, and the majority of times where seasons run from the first to last episode sharing an opening theme (that is, seasons 7 and later, as well as re-releases of season 4, whereas the first few episodes of season 4 originally used the Johto Journeys opening on the first airing) is due to the producers of the show making a conscious decision to use an opening theme throughout the entirety of the season as it is ordered by the network (or if whoever produces the show chooses to not continue it towards what the network would provide them with, such as TPCi's frequent habit for seasons 9, 10, 13-later, schedules and news articles have consistently said that CN ordered 52-episode seasons, however the network restrictions since the show is aired on cable now instead of over the air, allow TPCi to cheat the network out of some episodes as long as they provide a satisfactory amount that would convince the network to buy it, the fact that 4Kids broadcast the show through an over-the-air network is why IL035 wouldn't have been accepted due to the gun usage and FCC restrictions, Disney isn't an over-the-air broadcaster like Kids' WB! was but they still wouldn't have accepted it because they make conscious decisions not to show inappropriate material).
tl;dr - I think doing storyline-based sections to divide biographies (if it becomes too long) would be better and more significant than season-based divisions that usually mean nothing of value whatsoever. If we need to state the Battle Frontier for example, it's best to just have that listed as its own section (and include the Battle Frontier-related episodes from season 8 without naming it "Season Whatever: Whatever the Official English Sites Title It", rather than just episodes from the Battle Frontier season that only includes 47 Battle Frontier episodes, and name it all by just ====Battle Frontier==== to have it a section about the arc and not the ninth season specifically). PokémonGamer* 23:39, March 4, 2018 (UTC)
Pokemon wiki server users' right on discord!
Sir, knowing that, Misch is old enough to handle any chat or discussions. Plus, he's a content moderator over here, and a really very active user over discord, can you please give him Elite four rights? So, that he can take any good step in the absence of us? I know, he'll agree to it, if you ask to him. Second, @Prizmaniac, seems very active member on discord, and have a good rank as well! Do i have rights to give him a gym leader role? I know, he'll do good and will help a lot in dealing with spam! He'll agree as well, and he did once! Being an elite four member, i'm requesting to you! Thanks! (Also, calling you 'Sir' means, i still do respect you. Don't gimme that videos' link please! Lol) Sasake Haise (talk) 02:11, March 5, 2018 (UTC)
Alright, thanks for letting me know. Um, only elite members and gym leaders are allowed to vote? (we have two elite members ony) or users, too? If users re allowed, we'll have to make a separate channel for that, right? Or your going to do everything? I'm just waiting for you to agree on it. Thanks! Sasake Haise (talk) 11:04, March 6, 2018 (UTC)
Can you or someone help out this user?
He's trying to recover this account below:
Which outta what he say's he said he logged out but then when he logged in say 6/7 hour's ago his account was invalid so can you or someone help him out?
I'm try to figure out if it's happened before with his other account's he's created 5 account's total so yeah do take action if possible. I understand sockpuppetry is inappropraite so you know.
I wish him luck with the account recovery, But if staff or you or someone can can you see if you can somewhat revive his old account if possible via first one he had?
So you know as such & Thank's and special note do if possible do recover that account for him and banned his other account's he's had alright.
- "Season 2 Episode N" and others exist. Most storyline arcs mentioned above are officially named. Storyline divisions are generally either official or fanmade. When they are official, they usually carry titles, sometimes they don't. The Ultra Beast arc is "technically" an official division because that's when they changed their artwork on the official sites and TPCi used that to divide which episodes they would be airing in the 2017 season lineup on Disney XD. No original title given though.
- Many who watch anime series are more comfortable with these divisions over anything. "Johto Journeys", "Johto League Champions", and "Master Quest" are just vague undescriptive names that were made by 4Kids to refer to the product they were able to get from blind 52 episode divisions of the Jouto saga, it would be better to list the whole region over names that have nothing of importance and are extremely vague in difference. As Dogasu mentioned here last month, and like I've been saying, "Johto Journeys" and "Master Quest" are not seasons. They're titles that refer to the Johto episodes of season 3, or the Johto episodes of season 5 and 6, respectively, so it's completely inaccurate to label them "season 3" or "season 5" given that seasons are just packages of episodes for distribution as divided by the channel and all 8 4Kids seasons are 52 episodes regardless of whatever opening song they contain or whatever title accompanied them. 4Kids didn't even get on the bandwagon of "naming" seasons until season 4 (which was the first season to actually match titles for the first time), followed by the Australian DVDs, CN and the official site giving misleading official titles to seasons 1 and 2 (which season 1 is only the first 52 episodes of Indigo League, they used "Indigo League" to refer to that specifically, or "Adventures in the Orange Islands" to refer to season 2 even that's only Princess vs Princess to Charizard Chills), but they all at the very least list the boundaries properly (which I doubt most fansites do). So no, 4Kids didn't even name them. Only with names like "Pokémon the Series XYZ" (which is also a series name as well, as mentioned by some official sources but not others, since they did some things to consider it a "mini series", such as labeling it as a separate series on their official international site for some languages, the Japanese site, or the Amazon Prime listing) and "Ultra Adventures" (which slightly hints at the Ultra Beast arc) are actually unique, special, and do well in identifying the episodes they contain. PokémonGamer* 15:15, March 6, 2018 (UTC)
Questions X, I know add manga on here, but what about movie manga adaptations? They're technically the same as the anime movies. I ask because this is on comic and I wanna know if that's legal.--Kyurem147 (talk) 16:58, March 6, 2018 (UTC)
Can you come to discussion post
To check out Abhi124 and take action on him, Reason's he's inappropriate in one reply i reported while he's using capital letter's in two other's so you know as such and i wanted to report my finding's to you sir so you know on that. And thank you for checking around if you are/do so you know.Trainer Micah (talk) 07:51, March 8, 2018 (UTC)
Energy, this Abhi guy has crossed his limits. Who the hell does he think he is? King of the universe? He is pure madness and a spammer, an abuser, a disobedient disrespectful user who needs permanent banning. He should be banned globally. Think you should ban him here for A year, then I'll go to staff and tell them about him.Shashank Singh 08:28, March 8, 2018 (UTC)professorshashank
- Energy it's Abhi124 so you notice mind checking it out? as my second message wanted to correct you Shashank so he know's anyway.Trainer Micah (talk) 09:12, March 8, 2018 (UTC)
"Why is everyone removing this line? It makes the code look messier."
Nobody is removing the line to make the code look messier; it just seems to automatically happen when we edit the section of the page we mean to go for.