|Archives: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36|
- 1 Volume Pages
- 2 Shirota Mitsuki!
- 3 Hi
- 4 Hi
- 5 Hi
- 6 Discord
- 7 Hi
- 8 MDY Temp. and Adventures
- 9 Some important news to you
- 10 Cleanup and Yugioh wiki
- 11 Request page name change
- 12 Venom Boa
- 13 Discord.
- 14 Hi
- 15 Hi
- 16 Weekly News and Discord's 2FA
- 17 Reply
- 18 Hi
- 19 Goh's Non-Recurring Pokémon
- 20 Reply
- 21 Relationship
- 22 Reply
- 23 Soundtracks
- 24 Reply
- 25 Bot Requests
- 26 About me
- 27 New Template
- 28 Chat
- 29 Recent Episode and Pokémon Genders
- 30 How can I help
- 31 Hello
- 32 Assunta's Page
- 33 Sorry for adding "redundant" categories
- 34 Brackets
- 35 S&S Adventures - Latest Chapter
- 36 Question
- 37 RE: Template
- 38 VA Pages
- 39 Edit
- 40 Episode Infobox
- 41 Other languages
- 42 Reply
- 43 Introductions
- Also, is there a rule that one-time characters should be listed as a debut? if there is, I'll add a proposal that they shouldn't be added. Ellis99 Volcanion 17:11, 29 May 2021 (UTC)
- 1. I'll add a proposal on the rules for character debuts.
- 2. I'm talking about creating a temp. for interwiki links on pages, such as voice actors, not for the Ep.Box temp. I apologise for not being clearer :)
- 3. I think the bureaus and admins can determine the tags. I think I've seen bureaus and admins change tags on Animal Crossing Wiki. It seems to be affecting you too, as you go from "Council" "Bureaucrat" → "Bureaucrat" "Administrator".
- To add, I was thinking that instead of having different covers of volumes at the bottom of each page in a gallery, we do that same as what we do for title cards, as in we have pages that house all the different publications of the volumes by volume number and create a parametres in the Vol.Box temp. to connect the pages with eachother. Ellis99 Volcanion 10:16, 30 May 2021 (UTC)
- 1. I'll ask Ursuul about it.
- 2. I'll look at a way to display the Korean and Chinese covers.
- 3. You make a good point. The reason why I wanted to create one is because of the amount of text on the Sean Chiplock page linking the characters and series to the respective wikis.
- 4. I've corrected the link to Madman Ent. NZ. The reason why the link was broken is because of it being "com" instead of "co".
- Also, Kittystyler's tag in her profile keeps reverting her to a Rollback, even though she's a Cont. Mod. now. Ellis99 Volcanion 20:43, 29 May 2021 (UTC)
Why did you erased my edit even though it is true.
I don't get why did you erase my edit about two Pokémon from the same evolutionary families teaming up to attack the Team Rocket trio and their Pokémon from the Hoenn region.
When Tracey's Marill and Misty's Azurill are battling alongside each other during the episode RS134: The Right Place and the Right Mime is similar to the way Johnny (Pokémon) and May's Skitty battled alongside each other during the episode RS060: Delcatty Got Your Tongue.
I get what you're saying that the episodes of the seven series have the same content like RS008: A Tail with a Twist and BW034: Facing Fear with Eyes Wide Open! because a Pokémon is caught in a battle with a human, like for example Jessie battled Seviper via attacking it and Cilan battled Stunfisk via the fishing rod to toss it on the ground.
MDY Temp. and Adventures
- To add, shall the convention be that once the mini-volumes are collected in the regular volume format, the mini-volumes shall have their own pages? Just querying as to when the ORAS arc is collected as regular volumes in English. Ellis99 Volcanion 14:17, 6 June 2021 (UTC)
- Could you tell me users that may be aufait with pages formats? FishTank doesn't reply. I'd rather have references relating to the infoboxes self-contained, rather than having to constantly input "references" and "notes" sections at the bottom of pages. I agree with making the references and notes section open, rather than collapsed. As for Time and Date temp., I was originally going to copy and paste the temp. called "Date and Time" from Wikipedia, but it threw up an error before I created the page. Ellis99 Volcanion 12:35, 10 June 2021 (UTC)
- Okay then. As for the mini-volumes, it is all of them. For example, "Pokémon Adventures: Volume 1 (B&W)" to "Pokémon Black and White: Volume 1", "Pokémon Adventures: Volume 1 (XY)" to "Pokémon XY: Volume 1", "Pokémon Adventures: Volume 1 (ORAS)" to "Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire: Volume 1". It's a weird one with XY as there are two releases in Japan, the one with their own numbering system and the one that follow the "Adventures" series numbers. Th reason why is because of the length of time it took for B2W2 arc to end, so the magazine releases of the chapters from XY were released in their own volume series. Ellis99 Volcanion 08:07, 11 June 2021 (UTC)
There needs to be three pages for XY arc volumes and beyond. For example, there is "Pokémon Adventures: Volume 55", "Pokémon Adventures: Volume 1 (XY)" and "Pokémon XY: Volume 1". The first one is the Japanese one that follows the numbering of the "Adventures" series, the second is the Japanese Shogakukan and others that has been compiled into their own series, before the release of Vol. 55, due to the delay of the B2W2 arc and the third is the VIZ Media mini-volumes. Ellis99 Volcanion 09:48, 12 June 2021 (UTC)
Some important news to you
Cleanup and Yugioh wiki
I'm working on cleanup here as best as I can. As for Yugioh wiki, how would you describe my writing as "nonsense"?
Request page name change
I request that we change the "SKY" Page to Oblivia Sky so it's a little more accurate and gives a clearer description of the page
My reason to mention Viper succeeded in having all 3 copies in his Graveyard is his other two Venom Monsters were affected by Necro Shot. With that in mind, I was mentioning Venom Boa had something Viper's weaker Venom Monsters hadn't gained.
I have removed user Paul the dragon trainer!'s discussions moderator right due to his inactivity. Our discussions moderators decided to relax some rules to boost activity, but that didn't make any change. Inactive, and now spoiled by trash posts. Will implement some good rules again. Also, can you please check your discord DM? Hirose Yoshiyuki (talk) 11:01, 9 June 2021 (UTC)
Did you realize that Ash, Misty, Brock, Tracey, May, Max, Jessie, James, Meowth, Drew, Harley, Professor Oak and Ash's mom changed also their voice actors starting season nine and onwards when the voices were recasted for the English dub of the anime.
Why did you erase my edit for the Pokémon the Series: XY episode A Race for Home!
Weekly News and Discord's 2FA
Hello Energy X! I hope you are doing good. I'm so happy to tell you that our wiki server has been accepted as a discord partner! Congratulations! Before giving the ownership to Gary Oak, you probably enabled the 2FA feature. I would suggest that you never delete the application you used to enable the two factor authentication (unless disabled the 2FA).
One of the wiki members suggested for a weekly pokémon news update. We have started the discussion for it. Would you like to volunteer as a newscaster? Hirose Yoshiyuki (talk) 18:03, 21 June 2021 (UTC)
You didn't replied so I create Poland nation category by myself
Gary Oak and I were discussing on advertising the server on social media. I have asked Ellis about that. Also, the file has an extension .jpg but I don't understand why isn't it showing there. Maybe because I have tested it as the current background image of FANDOM Desktop? Hirose Yoshiyuki (talk) 18:02, 23 June 2021 (UTC)
How could you erase my edit on Bonnie (anime)? Why aren't you buying my edit? My edits aren't that worthless.
Goh's Non-Recurring Pokémon
Yes, all these are my efforts to motivate people to contribute for the community. As for the discussions moderator position, it isn't really a giveaway. I know the consequences very well, but I have made it the way, it is difficult to get to the position. I have written what you said! Hirose Yoshiyuki (talk) 21:10, 26 June 2021 (UTC)
Hi, I want to suggest to you about me making a separate page for the anime characters relationships because there are so many for them than others. I hope you approve of this idea. Kittystyler talk 7:57, 27 June 2021 (UTC)
- It would be akin to what we do with episodes from Pokémon TV :) Ellis99 Volcanion 07:26, 29 June 2021 (UTC)
- Also, I don't think the trainer parametre is needed for each evo. stage on pages in the PokeCharBox temp., as the header of each section implies that it is owned by a trainer. For example, look at Alain's and Trevor's Charizards. Ellis99 Volcanion 13:33, 2 July 2021 (UTC)
Sorry, I should've told you. I didn't find out until Sunday that there was a American Hispanic Pokémon site that has the episodes. They use "el", so I made the changes to the temp. Ellis99 Diancie 08:00, 23 July 2021 (UTC)
Hey Energy, Its NamSham well my full name is Nameer Shamsi. I just want to say Im sorry for plagrising Thunder's page on the Yugioh wiki. My intent wasnt complete plagrisum I wanted to add a history section for him because I wanted to improve the page. I did add some extra info so that it wasnt completly Plagrised (although you may not have noticated it). I am trying to improve my beahvior overall by not edit waring and asking what I did wrong. Ive been a yugioh fan for years and want to help improve the wiki. Could I please ask for a chance to make this right. Namsham1 Volcanion 13:33, 2 July 2021 (UTC)
I mean yes I did use the other wiki, but tbh Im not to sure if it was full on plagrized. Most of the content there is taken from Yugioh fandom ive noticed. Secondaly when was the first time I did that cause I dont remember plagrising anything form somewhere else on the net before June 28th. Namsham1 Volcanion 13:33, 8 July 2021 (UTC)
I hear you man and I am sorry for doing this I promise I wont plagrise new content from there again. I didnt know it was plgrsium since I thought the sites were identical at first. I understand getting blocked is a punshiment. But I want to ask if it can be for two months rather than 6 because I truly wasnt aware you guys didn't want me using that as reference. Namsham1 Volcanion 13:33, 14 July 2021 (UTC)
Hey there, I've created a template for the stats of Pokemon in Pokemon Masters EX here, and one example of its usage can be seen here. Please check it out and let me know if any improvements are needed! --TheHacktivist42 talk • contribs 11:18, 3 July 2021 (UTC)
- Alright, I'll try configuring the stat changes as the Pokemon goes through the intermediate stages.
- Okay, once the final template is ready, it could be added to the Masters Character Pokemon template.
- I used the tabber to separate the stats because the multiple headings and subheadings looked a little messy to me. For those characters which have a Sygna Suit as well as a normal sprite, it will have as many as 4 subheadings (like in the case of Blue, it will have ===Blue=== Followed by ====Pidgeot==== and ====Mega Pidgeot====, then ===Sygna Suit Blue=== followed by ====Blastoise==== and ====Mega Blastoise====). Instead, we could simply add four tabbers. --TheHacktivist42 talk • contribs 06:36, 4 July 2021 (UTC)
- I have edited the template to display the progressive stats as well. As for the merging with the existing template, now that I come to think of it again, I think it should be kept separate, because for the 3 star and 4 star characters, the table will be a little big and wouldn't look as good in the template as it would in a separate heading. That's just my opinion though. --TheHacktivist42 talk • contribs 04:45, 5 July 2021 (UTC)
Could you enable chat please :) The reason why is so that Kitty and Kyu can talk as Kyu doesn't have Discord. He would like to give his source to her without typing what it is here. Ellis99 Diancie 12:32, 3 July 2021 (UTC)
Recent Episode and Pokémon Genders
I have been thinking about if the recent episode should be counted as one of the episodes in the Pokémon Journeys episode lineup. I am not sure how the wiki handles the episode listing of specials, but I don't necessarily think it should be listed among the other episodes. It was a clip show rather than anything new, though if it's still to be counted towards the episode count, I will gladly write the plot for it.
I have also seen some pages for gender-exclusive Pokémon use the pronouns for their gender (e.g. the use of "she" and "her" on the Chansey page). I was wondering if that was supposed to be that way since the majority of the time, even with gender-exclusive Pokémon, they aren't referred to with pronouns. If the pronouns are to be included I can put them on other pages that don't include them, but if not, I can remove them from other pages that use them. 18:09, 4 July 2021 (UTC)
- 1. I was unaware of the given episode so I suppose it could stay. Since DP120 doesn't have a written plot, would PJ073 also not require a plot?
- 2. If it's fine to use the pronouns for such Pokémon I can add them. I just found it a bit strange since most Pokémon go by "it" rather than "he" or "she" pronouns, which are mainly used with the human characters. The wording also (in my view) makes it seem like the article is talking about a singular individual rather than a whole species ("it has spines on its back" vs "he has spines on his back"). 18:37, 4 July 2021 (UTC)
How can I help
How can I help here? Also what would you consider I wrote as "nonsense" on Yugioh.fandom.com?
Somethin weird is going on with the page. The header of "Episode appearances" appears in the TOC, but has a large gap where it should be. Could you have a look please. Ellis99 Diancie 16:12, 9 July 2021 (UTC)
- It, oddly, appears if "clear" is in use. I wonder why that is?... Ellis99 Diancie 16:15, 9 July 2021 (UTC)
- Please do :)
- I'd rather separate them as there are too many parametres in the Vol.Box temp to accommodate them into one page (that being JA, SG and EN published, which are nearly all different from eachother). I'd prefer to rid a number of parametres, but would mean that there would have to be pages on The good thing about separating them is that they can all be linked to eachother in navboxes.
- I'd rather keep the other lang. omnibus vols. as the other lang. wikis don't have that much info, which is disappointing.
- I do have a plan on how to splice the volumes from the B&W arc and beyond in my head, I just need to type it down :) Ellis99 Diancie 08:51, 11 July 2021 (UTC)
- Also, Bulba splits each arc, after B&W, based on whether it was published before or after the publishing of a volume in Japan, which may include revisions. For example, the VIZ Media mini-volumes and Kurokawa volumes of the Black & White arc were published before the Shogakukan Japanese publishing, which comprise of the chapters directly from the CoroCoro magazine. Whereas volumes published after Japan, including the VIZ Media full-size volumes, will include revisions not found in prior published volumes. Ellis99 Diancie 09:07, 11 July 2021 (UTC)
Sorry for adding "redundant" categories
I thought that these categories would be necessary. Apparently, I was wrong. Albeit I think that category "Unnamed Characters" should exist because there are many unnamed characters in both Japanese and English version. Sorry for causing unnecessary disturbance.Friedlander (talk) 17:59, 15 July 2021 (UTC)Kintobor
- Also, could you talk to Felk, the user editing the move pages please? Ellis99 Diancie 10:14, 16 July 2021 (UTC)
S&S Adventures - Latest Chapter
I was just thinking, why don't you announce in the Discussion section of the wiki when a new chapter of S&S has been completed and that they can read it?! I think that it might increase users to look at the series as a whole. The reason why I'm saying this is because when I look at the most popular pages, they seem to always be the same. Ellis99 Diancie 12:28, 16 July 2021 (UTC)
I tested around, consulted our open bug tickets, & at least two of my colleagues, but none of us were able to determine the cause of this bug. I have filed a separate ticket to address this issue, but it's quite niche & we're still just trying to figure out why it's occurring — it may take some time, but we're hoping to get this resolved.
Hey, thankfully Winston Sung - zh was able to resolve the issue, may want to send him a thank-you!
I'm thinking of a policy in that only character that possibly have interwiki links should only be added. It would mean cutting down on other roles VAs have, like the revision of the edit on Sean Chiplock's page. What do you think? Ellis99 Diancie 11:05, 18 July 2021 (UTC)
Thank you! If any of the other plots need to be revised or rewritten I can try and get to editing them. (talk) 21:04, 18 July 2021 (UTC)
Just to let you know, I'm might have to have to add more parametres to the Chinese section to allow the YT vids. of TW. The reason why is because there Traditional and Simplified vids. of them on each Pokémon YT channel :) Ellis99 Diancie 16:41, 23 July 2021 (UTC)
- Unfortunately, I don't think there is. The websites for HK, TW and Mainland China don't have PKMN TV, which is a bummer (I don't know why they don't). Neither does SK (I think the reason why they don't for SK is because the main series is on IPTV). Ellis99 Diancie 11:05, 25 July 2021 (UTC)
- 1. You make a good point, since the volumes are extracted from bookstore websites.
- 2. I think it would bring all the wiki closer together, with users talking together about how they can best they can improve an connect with eachother
- 3. Pokémon Special Wikia.
- Looks like the last time is active, properly, was when it was created in 2017. Ellis99 Diancie 16:43, 25 July 2021 (UTC)
I'll sift through the pages :) I also wrote bios on Pokémon from "Adventures" when I wasn't here (although, most of them have been added), so I'll expand and added them to the relevant pages. Ellis99 Diancie 09:12, 30 July 2021 (UTC)
- To add, I'd recommend that you message other users, such as Kitty, TWO (TheWikiOddish) and Alex about the recategorisation too, especially Kitty. Ellis99 Diancie 14:58, 30 July 2021 (UTC)
- Yep, I meant about that. Like, should I make a section about it on the layout guide page? Dominoes I guess? 05:59, 28 July 2021 (UTC)
I'm planning on adding the intros by the authors of manga volumes to pages. To see what I mean, look at the "Pokémon Horizon" volume pages (I got the idea from "Dragon Ball Wiki"). Ellis99 Diancie 11:25, 1 August 2021 (UTC)