Template:Tyranitar Tyranitar (Japanese: バンギラス Bangiras) is a Rock/Dark-type Pseudo-Legendary Pokémon. It is a large reptilian dinosaur-like creature with outstanding and formidable power. Tyranitar has high stats in all areas except for the speed stat.
When it is raised to its full potential, its weaknesses shrink significantly, especially when it's holding Leftovers to regenerate. Although Tyranitar can not learn Recover to heal itself, its high defense stat will make up for it. Using a Leftovers combo will make up the lack of ability to heal on its own.
|Gold and Silver||Evolve Pupitar||None|
|Ruby and Sapphire||Trade||None|
|FireRed and LeafGreen||Evolve Pupitar||None|
|Diamond and Pearl||Evolve Pupitar Diamond only)||None|
|HeartGold and SoulSilver||Evolve Pupitar||None|
|Black and White||Route 15 (Rustling Grass)||Rare|
|X and Y||Evolve Pupitar||None|
- It is alongside with Darkrai and Hydreigon the most powerful Dark-type Pokémon and the most powerful Rock-type Pokémon.
- It is the largest and heaviest Dark-type Pokémon
- It and Metagross are the only non-Dragon type Pseudo-Legendary Pokémon
- The design of Tyranitar might be based on Godzilla, while the name might be based on Tyrannosaurus rex.
- Tyranitar and Aerodactyl are the only Pokémon to learn Hyper Beam and Giga Impact by leveling up.
- Tyranitar has the most weaknesses of any Rock or Dark type Pokemon.
- Pokémon.com Pokédex
- Legendary Pokémon data
- The Pokémon Database
- Pokémon Dream Pokédex data
- Psypokes Psydex data
|Generation II Pokémon|
|Other Pokémon: Kanto • Hoenn • Sinnoh • Unova • Kalos • Alola • Galar|