Tobias is a character appearing in Pokémon: DP Sinnoh League Victors, serving as the main antagonist of the Sinnoh League arc.
Pokémon the Series: Diamond and Pearl
Little is known about Tobias' past, but at some point he managed to capture the Legendary Pokémon Darkrai and Latios. According to rumor, Tobias defeated all of Sinnoh's Gym Leaders using only Darkrai.
During the Sinnoh League, Tobias was a mysterious trainer, not really making his appearance known. No one was able to defeat his Darkrai in the entire tournament except for Ash Ketchum but Ash tied with Latios. Tobias won the Sinnoh League with remarkable ease, though he said to Ash that he has in the making to become a Pokémon master. Although what Tobias did after the tournament has not been revealed it is assumed that he went on to battle the Sinnoh Elite four, since he was allowed to do so as the Champion of the Lily of the Valley Conference. However, he evidently did not beat all of them since Cynthia is still the Sinnoh champion as of Best Wishes.
8 Unknown Badges
Pokémon League Status
Winner of Lily of the Valley Conference
- His Japanese name, "Takuto" translates to "Prodigy". This is quite suitable for Tobias as he is clearly a prodigy in Pokémon battling and has caught at least two legendary Pokémon.
- His English name, "Tobias" may be taken from the protagonist of the Book of Tobit. He drove away a demon with the help of the archangel, Raphael, similar to how Tobias used Legendary and Mythical Pokémon to win against the gym leaders and Pokémon league.
- He is one of the few characters in the anime series to possess several Legendary Pokémon on his team without any explanation of how he caught them.
- Tobias is the only trainer that has defeated Ash in a six on six battle using only two of his own Pokémon.
- Darkrai and Latios were caught in regular Poké Balls.