Spewpa has a small cotton on its body, which can emit sprinkles.
Spewpa gains a stiff carapace once it evolves from Scatterbug, so less forceful attacks will hardly make a scratch.
|X and Y||Evolve Scatterbug||None|
|Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire||Trade||None|
|Bold indicates this Pokémon receives STAB from this move.|
Italic indicates an evolved or alternate form of this Pokémon receives STAB from this move.
- Spewpa is the first cocoon Pokémon that is retains the same height as its pre-evolution, Scatterbug.
- Spewpa, along with its revolutionary relatives, are the only Bug-Type Pokémon introduced in Generation VI.
- Spewpa is the first pupa/cocoon type Pokémon in the recurring theme of "caterpillar, pupa then butterfly/moth" (like Metapod and Silcoon) Pokémon that took the least number of levels to became its final form (Vivillon), having only needing 3 level-ups (level 9 to 12) instead of 4 (level 6 to 10).
- Spewpa is the first of the cocoon theme to be able to learn Protect instead of solely Harden if caught in the wild.
- Despite having a similar theme, Spewpa may actually look more like a bagworm, a type of caterpillar which undergoes a non-sessile pupal stage. Simply put, Spewpa looks like a fully mobile pupa which still can proceed to its imago stage.
Spewpa is most likely derived from the word "spew" and "pupa". The "spew" references the "spewing" of insects, and "pupa" because it is in a shell-like form, as well as being evolved from Scatterbug and the pre-evolution of Vivillon.
|Generation VI Pokémon|
|Other Pokémon: Kanto • Johto • Hoenn • Sinnoh • Unova • Alola • Galar|