|This article needs the latest image.
Reason: RSE in use.
Slateport City is a city on the southern coast of Hoenn. A market formed because of the abundance of food and clean water in the area. It soon blossomed into a harbor with a lighthouse in the south that lights the way for ships passing and coming into the harbor.
Place of Interest
The Slateport market is a unique place by itself. here, players can get items which cannot be found easily.
There is a shop to buy Secret Base decorations, vitamins and fresh seaweed there.
The Oceanic Museum is a large two-floored museum located on the eastern side of Slateport. The museum was built by Captain Stern to teach others of the ocean and its Pokémon.
Pokémon Fan Club
Slateport City has a Pokémon Fan Club. The Fan Club is basically a place for people to meet and chat about their favourite Pokémon and to show off their collections to each other.
Stern's Shipyard is a building owned by Captain Stern. Stern's Shipyard is a large brown building located next to the ocean. The S.S. Tidal is being constructed here. After the completion of the main game, it will be completed.
There is a Name Rater that allows the player to change the name of their Pokémon.
In Ruby and Sapphire, it hosts the Hyper Rank Pokémon Contest. Only those who have beaten the Super Rank Pokémon Contest can perform here.
In Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire, Lisia is first met outside the Contest Hall scouting and ended up finding the player. There are no restrictions on the contest rank.
The Battle Tent can only be found in Pokémon Emerald, replacing the Contest Hall. It is one of the three Battle Tents found in Emerald.
- Soothe Bell: Pokémon Fan Club
- Red Scarf
- Blue Scarf
- Yellow Scarf
- Pink Scarf
- Green Scarf
- TM46 Thief: Talk to Team Magma/Team Aqua grunt.
- TM41 Torment: Talk to a sailor in the Battle Tent or Contest Hall
- Deepseascale: Talk to Stern after getting the Scanner
- Deepseatooth: Talk to Stern after getting the Scanner
- Full Heal: After completing the Battle Tent (Emerald only)
- Pokéblock Case: In the Contest Hall (Ruby and Sapphire only)
- Powder Jar: Talk to a woman at the upper-right market stall. (Emerald only)
In the anime
Slateport City is the site of the Hoenn region's Grand Festival in the anime. May's rival Harley is from Slateport, but he fails to go farther than May.
Slateport also hosts the Water-type Pokémon Friendship Contest, where young kids and their water-type Pokémon can perform to win a trophy. Jinny enters with her Feebas to prove to her friends that Feebas is cute. When Team Rocket attacks the contest in an attempt to steal all of the Pokémon, her Feebas evolves into Milotic and defeats them.
- Slateport City's name comes from "slate" (a shade of gray) and "port" (the nature of the town) due to its proximity to the ocean. Kaina City, its Japanese name, comes from 灰 (kai, ash, used in the word for "gray") and 海 (kai, ocean).
- As Hoenn is based on Kyūshu, Slateport City is based on Nagasaki.
Caves, Tunnels and Mountains
Rusturf Tunnel · Island Cave · Granite Cave · Desert Ruins · Jagged Pass · Fiery Path · Mt. Chimney · Meteor Falls
Scorched Slab · Ancient Tomb · Mt. Pyre · Shoal Cave · Team Aqua Hideout · Team Magma Hideout · Seafloor Cavern
Cave of Origin · Sky Pillar · Victory Road · Sealed Chamber · Altering Cave E · Artisan Cave E · Desert Underpass E · Marine Cave E · Terra Cave E
Places of Interest
|Other regions: Kanto (Sevii Islands) · Johto · Hoenn · Sinnoh (Battle Zone) · Unova · Kalos · Alola · Galar (Isle of Armor · Crown Tundra)|