Rotom is very energetic and active, and it almost always ends up explaining Pokémon to Ash and his friends, thus it updates its data constantly, whenever they find something interesting. Unluckily, its boldness and eagerness can cause the Pokémon that it observes to get angry/confused and attack them(for example when they touched Pikachu's tail.)
It is also a fanatical fan of Laki, the star of its favourite TV show, "Alolan Detective Laki".
Rotom Pokédex first debuted as a normal Rotom. It fused with Ash's Alola Pokédex to become one. At first, it wanted Ash to call it Rotom Pokédex Form, but it then accepted Ash calling it Rotom after it saw Ash got tangled into a knot.
Rotom became excited when it takes pictures of all the Kanto Pokémon at Professor Oak's laboratory and to record everything. As everyone are doing the welcoming party by sunset, Rotom finally completes its record of the Pokémon in the Kanto region, but it soon becomes incomplete due to Mew's presence who is hiding behind the bush to observe Ash and the others before it happily leaves.
|This article has an incomplete plot/synopsis.
Reason: At least SM057 and before.
Please help the Pokémon Wiki by expanding it.
Rotom later reunited with Ash and Pikachu when they came to visit in Alola. It was irritated when his Rotom Phone described it as pretty useless.
- Rotom has many similarities to the character Whisper from Yo-kai Watch:
- Both can levitate.
- Both are companions to the main protagonist and are based on ghosts from mythology.
- Both left the main protagonist on occasion, but always returned at some point.
- Both have information on their respective franchise's monsters.
- Like Max, Dawn, Bonnie and Clemont, Rotom Pokédex didn't travel alongside Ash until the third episode of their respective series after they introduce themselves.
At Oak's Lab
At Kukui's house
At Cerise Laboratory