Pseudo-Legendary Pokémon, also called Late Bloomers, is a fan term for a group of powerful Pokémon that are not officially classified as a Legendary Pokémon. All Pseudo-Legendary Pokémon are the final form of a three-stage evolution line, have a base stat total of 600 and require 1,250,000 experience points to reach level 100.
List of Pseudo-Legendary Pokémon
- Iris caught a Dragonite that she helped when it was accused and hurt.
- Raised a Goodra from a Goomy that evolved into Sliggoo before evolving into its final evolution. However, Ash has since released Goodra in order to protect its home but did temporarily call upon it for help in the Kalos League before returning it home once again.
- Caught a Dragonite that he befriended when it was a Dragonair.
- Lance owns a Dragonite.
- Clair has a Dragonite.
- Tyson owns a Metagross.
- Professor Oak has a Dragonite.
- J owned a Salamence.
- Cynthia has a Garchomp.
- Cameron has a Hydreigon.
- Professor Sycamore had Garchomp since she was a Gible as she evolved into a Gabite before evolving into her final evolution.
- Steven has a Shiny Metagross.
- Sawyer had his Salamence since it was a Bagon that evolved into a Shelgon before evolving into its final evolution.
- Alain had his Metagross since it was a Metang before evolving it and owns a Tyranitar.
- The Ultra Guardians have a Garchomp as one of the Ride Pokémon available for one of the members of the group.
- Leon owns a Dragapult.
- Drake of the Orange Island Gym Leaders owns a Dragonite.
- Butler has a Salamence.
- Drake of the Hoenn Elite Four owns a Salamence.
- Anabel has a Metagross.
- Palmer has a Dragonite.
- Shannon had her Hydreigon since it was an Egg that hatched into a Deino before evolving into a Zweilous before becoming its final evolution.
- A Totem Kommo-o reside on Poni Island in Alola.
- The Zenryoku Brothers own a Kommo-o and it even does a specific Z-Move with them as well.
- Tyranitar and Metagross are the only Pseudo-Legendary Pokémon that are not Dragon type. Metagross is the only Pseudo-Legendary Pokémon that cannot learn a Dragon type move at all.
- So far, no Pseudo-Legendary Pokémon have HP as their highest base stat.
- Metagross is the only non-reptilian Pseudo-Legendary.
- Goodra is the only Pseudo-Legendary Pokémon with a single type.
- Tyranitar, Salamence, Metagross and Garchomp are the only Pseudo-Legendary Pokémon that can Mega Evolve.
- Kommo-o is the only Pseudo-Legendary Pokémon that has an exclusive Z-Move.
- Tyranitar and Kommo-o are the only Pseudo-Legendary Pokémon with unique type combinations.
- The Only Generation without a Dragon Type Pseudo Legendary is Generation 2.
- All Pseudo-Legendary Pokémon have been used in a battle with a Champion at one time or another:
- Lance has a Dragonite in Gold/Silver. Ryuki also has a Dragonite when he challenges the player in Sun and Moon.
- Blue has a Tyranitar in the rematch in FireRed/LeafGreen.
- Steven and Molayne, as one of the challengers in Sun and Moon, have a Metagross.
- Lance has a Salamence in the Pokémon Black and White 2 world tournament.
- Cynthia and Ryuki, as one of the challengers in Sun and Moon, have a Garchomp.
- Iris has a Hydreigon.
- Diantha has a Goodra.
- Ryuki, as one of the challengers in Sun and Moon, and Mustard both have a Kommo-o.
- Leon uses a Dragapult during his Championship Match.
- Lance and Ryuki are the only Champions/Champion Challengers that use the most Pseudo-Legendaries on their teams, with 3 each.
- Most Pseudo-Legendaries are based on giant Japanese monsters, also known as Kaiju's. One example is Tyranitar, which is based on Godzilla.
- All Pseudo-Legendary Pokémon have a 4x weakness with the exception of Metagross, Goodra, & Dragapult.