Professor Oak is a middle aged Pokémon professor with gray hair and sports a light lilac polo shirt underneath his labcoat. He wears a brown belt supporting his beige pants along with matching brown loafers.
|This section is completely EMPTY!|
Please help the Pokémon Wiki by expanding it.
Red, Blue, Green and YellowIn Red and Blue, Green, Professor Oak lives in Pallet Town and he is absent from his lab until you try to leave town, when he runs up to you and makes you come with him. He then lets you choose a Starter Pokémon. If you go to the mart, the store clerk will give you Oak's Parcel. The Parcel contains a prototype Poké Ball, bring it back to Oak and he will give a Pokédex to you along with 5 Poké Balls. He sends you on your journey and all throughout he helps you by sending his aides out to give you items if you capture the right amount of Pokémon. In Pokémon FireRed and LeafGreen, he helps you when your rival challenges you for the first time.
FireRed and LeafGreen
In FireRed and Leafgreen, his role is similar to that of it's originals.
Diamond, Pearl and Platinum
HeartGold and SoulSilver
In HeartGold and SoulSilver, after beating the Elite 4 for the first time you will be able to receive the National Dex from him. Also after defeating all of the Johto and Kanto gym leaders he will give the trainer the HM08 Rockclimb.
Let's Go, Pikachu! and Let's Go, Eevee!
In Let's Go, Pikachu! and Let's Go, Eevee!, his role is similar to that of it's original.
- Main article: Professor Oak (Adventures)
Just like in the games, he is highly regarded and known, he is the person who gives Pokédexes to the Pokédex Holders. His grandson is Blue.
The Electric Tale of Pikachu
- Main article: Professor Oak (ETP)
- Main article: Professor Oak (anime)
- Main article: Professor Oak (Origins)
- Main article: Professor Oak (Masters trailer)
- In Red, Green, Blue & Yellow, Professor Oak was going to be a person that would battle you after you beat the champion. He would have a Tauros, Exeggutor, Gyarados, Arcanine and the starter that opposes your starter Pokémon at its final form. It was cut from the game and it can only be accessed through hacking or glitches.