| This article or section contains information about an upcoming subject|
The content may change dramatically as more information becomes available.
Please do not add unsourced speculation to this article.
Polteageist resembles a living teapot. It has a pair of yellow swirly eyes and a purple body. Its feet dangles at the bottom of its body as well.
If it gains its trainer's trust, Polteageist may allow its tea to be sampled. However, anyone who consumes this type of tea in large amounts will have an upset stomach.
Polteageist seeks refuge within hotels and eating establishments, camouflaging itself amongst tableware. It is able to reproduce itself via transferring its own powers inside leftover tea. Because of this, Polteageist is often considered to be a pest.
Polteageist's body is made entirely out of black tea, which is believed to have a very distinct aroma and flavor.
- Polteageist is the first pure Ghost-type since Generation V with Misdreavus, Mismagius, Shuppet, Banette, Duskull, Dusclops, Dusknoir, Yamask and Cofagrigus.
- Polteageist is similar to Rotom and Honedge:
- All are based on the concept of a ghosts/specters living inside an inanimate object.
- Polteageist, Rotom, and Honedge are all Ghost-types, with Polteageist having a single type as Rotom is part Electric-type and Honedge is part Steel-type.
- Honedge is the only one of the three that can further evolve as Rotom remains un-evolved (as well as gaining additional forms) while Polteageist isn't currently able to evolve yet.
- Despite being called as “Black Tea” Pokemon, the color of Polteageist’s core body is purple, presumably to avoid the controversy incident relating to Jynx’s future anime adaption appearances as of Advance Generation.
Polteageist is most likely based on a ghost inhabiting a teapot. More specifically, it may be inspired by the morinji-no-okama, a youkai spirit from Japanese folklore that manifests as a possessed tea kettle.
Poltegeist's English name is a combination of poltergeist and tea.
Its Japanese name, Pottodesu, comes from potto desu (it is a teapot)
|Generation VIII Pokémon|
|Other Pokémon: Kanto • Johto • Hoenn • Sinnoh • Unova • Kalos • Alola|