Pokémon Sword Expansion Pass and Pokémon Shield Expansion Pass is the expansion pass of the Generation VIII games, Pokémon Sword and Shield. This expansion pass contains two sets of additional content, The Isle of Armor and The Crown Tundra. Max Den Raids can only be found in The Crown Tundra and is one of the easiest ways to grind legendaries.
- 1 Features
- 2 Parts
- 3 Pokémon
- 4 Trivia
- 5 Gallery
- Unlike previous games, such as Pokémon Emerald, Pokémon Platinum, Pokémon Black 2 and White 2 and Pokémon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon, which were separate games set in the same region as the primary paired versions of the generation, the Expansion Pass allows players to continue using their existing save data from Pokémon Sword and Shield to access the added content. Some of the new content weren't in the original Sword and Shield games.
- The player character needs to reach the Wild Area in Pokémon Sword or Pokémon Shield in order to begin their adventures in The Isle of Armor or The Crown Tundra. However, Pokémon in the Isle of Armor begin at level 10, while Pokémon in the Crown Tundra start at level 60.
- New moves that have never been available in past Pokémon main series games appear in this expansion as tutor moves.
- New items can be found that will help on the journey, like an Exp. Charm that'll level up their Pokémon.
- The Isle of Armor introduces a way to challenge the player to some new battles. With Restricted Sparring, they'll be limited in what types of Pokémon they can use and forced to battle under set conditions.
- In The Crown Tundra, the players and their friends can enter and explore Pokémon Dens found on The Crown Tundra in a new gameplay feature. Deep inside these dens, there's a chance that Legendary Pokémon from previous Pokémon main series games can be encountered.
- Serial codes for the Pikachu uniform set and the Eevee uniform set are distributed as a special purchase bonus.
- New Galarian Forms are introduced in both releases.
The Isle of Armor
The Isle of Armor is the first part of the expansion. Featuring the Isle of Armor, the theme of the expansion is "growth". It was released on June 17, 2020.
Using the Max Soup, the player can enable certain Pokémon, including the starter Pokémon and Urshifu, to be able to Gigantamax.
The Crown Tundra
The Crown Tundra is the second part of the expansion. Featuring the Crown Tundra, the theme of the expansion is "exploration". It was released on October 22, 2020.
The character Peony was introduced.
All Legendary Pokémon from the previous Pokémon main series games that cannot be found via other methods and Ultra Beasts can be encountered as Dynamax Pokémon and caught while the player is exploring underneath Pokémon Dens.
Some Legendary Pokémon, mostly consisting of the previous game mascots, are exclusive to a game version.
New Legendary Pokémon
- Kubfu - fighting
- Urshifu - (Single Strike) fighting/dark or (Rapid Strike) fighting/water
- Regieleki - Electric
- Regidrago - Dragon
- Glastrier - Ice
- Spectrier - Ghost
- Calyrex - psychic/grass
New Mythical Pokémon
New Galarian Forms
- Galarian Slowpoke - Psychic
- Galarian Slowbro - Poison/Psychic
- Galarian Slowking - Poison/Psychic
- Galarian Articuno - Psychic/
- Galarian Zapdos - Fighting/
- Galarian Moltres- Dark/
New Gigantamax Forms
- Gigantamax Venusaur - grass/Poison
- Gigantamax Blastoise - water
- Gigantamax Rillaboom - grass
- Gigantamax Cinderace - Fire
- Gigantamax Inteleon - water
- Gigantamax Urshifu (Single Strike Style) - fighting/dark
- Gigantamax Urshifu (Rapid Strike Style) - fighting/water
The Isle of Armor
- Alolan Raichu (Electric/Psychic)
- Kantonian Sandshrew (Ground) → Kantonian Sandslash (Ground)
- Alolan Sandshrew (Ice/Steel) → Alolan Sandslash (Ice/Steel)
- Alolan Vulpix (Ice) → Alolan Ninetales (Ice/Fairy)
- Alolan Diglett (Ground/Steel) → Alolan Dugtrio (Ground/Steel)
- Alolan Meowth (Dark) → Alolan Persian (Dark)
- Psyduck (Water) → Golduck (Water)
- Poliwag (Water) → Poliwhirl (Water) → Poliwrath (Water/Fighting) or Politoed (Water)
- Abra (Psychic) → Kadabra (Psychic) → Alakazam (Psychic)
- Tentacool (Water/Poison) → Tentacruel (Water/Poison)
- Kantonian Slowpoke (Water/Psychic) → Kantonian Slowbro (Water/Psychic) or Johtonian Slowking (Water/Psychic)
- Magnemite (Electric/Steel) → Magneton (Electric/Steel) → Magnezone (Electric/Steel)
- Exeggcute (Grass/Psychic) → Kantonian Exeggutor (Grass/Psychic) or Alolan Exeggutor (Grass/Dragon)
- Cubone (Ground) → Kantonian Marowak (Ground) or Alolan Marowak (Fire/Ghost)
- Lickitung (Normal) → Lickilicky (Normal)
- Tangela (Grass) → Tangrowth (Grass)
- Kangaskhan (Normal)
- Horsea (Water) → Seadra (Water) → Kingdra (Water/Dragon)
- Staryu (Water) → Starmie (Water/Psychic)
- Scyther (Bug/ → Scizor (Bug/Steel)
- Pinsir (Bug)
- Tauros (Normal)
- Porygon (Normal) → Porygon2 (Normal) → Porygon-Z (Normal)
- Igglybuff (Normal/Fairy) → Jigglypuff (Normal/Fairy) → Wigglytuff (Normal/Fairy)
- Dunsparce (Normal)
- Heracross (Bug/Fighting)
- Skarmory (Steel/ )
- Miltank (Normal)
- Whismur (Normal) → Loudred (Normal) → Exploud (Normal)
- Azurill (Normal/Fairy) → Marill (Water/Fairy) → Azumarill (Water/Fairy)
- Carvanha (Water/Dark) → Sharpedo (Water/Dark)
- Shinx (Electric) → Luxio (Electric) → Luxray (Electric)
- Buneary (Normal) → Lopunny (Normal)
- Happiny (Normal) → Chansey (Normal) → Blissey (Normal)
- Lillipup (Normal) → Herdier (Normal) → Stoutland (Normal)
- Venipede (Bug/Poison) → Whirlipede (Bug/Poison) → Scolipede (Bug/Poison)
- Petilil (Grass) → Lilligant (Grass)
- Sandile (Ground/Dark) → Krokorok (Ground/Dark) → Krookodile (Ground/Dark)
- Zorua (Dark) → Zoroark (Dark)
- Emolga (Electric/ )
- Foongus (Grass/Poison) → Amoonguss (Grass/Poison)
- Mienfoo (Fighting) → Mienshao (Fighting)
- Druddigon (Dragon)
- Bouffalant (Normal)
- Larvesta (Bug/Fire) → Volcarona (Bug/Fire)
- Fletchling (Normal/ ) → Fletchinder (Fire/ ) → Talonflame (Fire/ )
- Skrelp (Poison/Water) → Dragalge (Poison/Dragon)
- Clauncher (Water) → Clawitzer (Water)
- Dedenne (Electric/Fairy)
- Klefki (Steel/Fairy)
- Rowlet (Grass/ ) → Dartrix (Grass/ ) → Decidueye (Grass/Ghost)
- Litten (Fire) → Torracat (Fire) → Incineroar (Fire/Dark)
- Popplio (Water) → Brionne (Water) → Primarina (Water/Fairy)
- Rockruff (Rock) → Lycanroc (Rock)
- Fomantis (Grass) → Lurantis (Grass)
- Comfey (Fairy)
- Sandygast (Ghost/Ground) → Palossand (Ghost/Ground)
- Magearna (Steel/Fairy)
The Crown Tundra
- Nidoran♀ (Poison) → Nidorina (Poison) → Nidoqueen (Poison/Ground)
- Nidoran♂ (Poison) → Nidorino (Poison) → Nidoking (Poison/Ground)
- Zubat (Poison/ ) → Golbat (Poison/ ) → Crobat (Poison/ )
- Omanyte (Rock/Water) → Omastar (Rock/Water)
- Kabuto (Rock/Water) → Kabutops (Rock/Water)
- Aerodactyl (Rock/ )
- Kantonian Articuno (Ice/ )
- Kantonian Zapdos (Electric/ )
- Kantonian Moltres (Fire/ )
- Dratini (Dragon) → Dragonair (Dragon) → Dragonite (Dragon/ )
- Smoochum (Ice/Psychic) → Jynx (Ice/Psychic)
- Elekid (Electric) → Electabuzz (Electric) → Electivire (Electric)
- Magby (Fire) → Magmar (Fire) → Magmortar (Fire)
- Treecko (Grass) → Grovyle (Grass) → Sceptile (Grass)
- Torchic (Fire) → Combusken (Fire/Fighting) → Blaziken (Fire/Fighting)
- Mudkip (Water)→ Marshtomp (Water/Ground) → Swampert (Water/Ground)
- Aron (Steel/Rock) → Lairon (Steel/Rock) → Aggron (Steel/Rock)
- Swablu (Normal/ ) → Altaria (Dragon/ )
- Lileep (Rock/Grass) → Cradily (Rock/Grass)
- Anorith (Rock/Bug) → Armaldo (Rock/Bug)
- Absol (Dark)
- Spheal (Water) → Sealeo (Ice/Water) → Walrein (Ice/Water)
- Relicanth (Water/Rock)
- Bagon (Dragon) → Shelgon (Dragon) → Salamence (Dragon/ )
- Beldum (Steel/Psychic) → Metang (Steel/Psychic) → Metagross (Steel/Psychic)
- Spiritomb (Ghost/Dark)
- Gible (Dragon/Ground) → Gabite (Dragon/Ground) → Garchomp (Dragon/Ground)
- Victini - (Psychic/Fire)
- Audino (Normal)
- Tirtouga (Water/Rock) → Carracosta (Water/Rock)
- Archen (Rock/ ) → Archeops (Rock/ )
- Cryogonal (Ice)
- Genesect (Bug/Steel)
- Tyrunt (Rock/Dragon) → Tyrantrum (Rock/Dragon)
- Amaura (Rock/Ice) → Aurorus (Rock/Ice)
- Carbink (Rock/Fairy)
- Diancie (Rock/Fairy)
- Volcanion (Fire/Water)
- This is the first paid additional content for the core Pokémon series.
|This article is a stub.
Please help the wiki by expanding it.