|This article or section contains information about an upcoming subject.
The content may change dramatically as more information becomes available.
Please do not add unsourced speculation to this article.
Pokémon Legends: Arceus (Pokémon LEGENDS アルセウス Pokémon LEGENDS Arceus) is a Generation VIII game taking place in the Hisui region, the Sinnoh region long before the events of Diamond and Pearl. The game is set to release worldwide on January 28, 2022.
- The game has a fully open world landscape rather than having set routes, similar to the Wild Area in Pokémon Sword and Shield.
- The player is able to choose from three Starter Pokémon found by Professor Laventon after traveling throughout regions, each originating from a different previous installment in the mainline Pokémon games. These Pokémon are Rowlet from the Alola region, Cyndaquil from the Johto region, and Oshawott from the Unova region.
- The setting is that of the Hisui region, a region that would later come to be known as Sinnoh. The game's events take place many years ago when it was largely made up of untouched nature and there were little settlements.
- The player can participate in Survey Outings to document and learn about Pokémon of Hisui. They begin by preparing at base camps located around the region.
- The player can observe Pokémon behaviors and sneak up on Pokémon in order to catch them as an alternative to battling them. However, some Pokémon interact differently to encountering the player. Some may run away, some may approach the player in interest, and others may attack the player. If the player is consistently hit by a wild Pokémon's attacks, they will black out.
- There are new movement options such as rolling (presumably for movement).
- Pokémon battles are now seamless, having no transition, and take place in real time. The player can activate this by throwing a Poké Ball containing one of their team members in front of a wild Pokémon.
- The player's Pokémon can use two variants of a move: a Strong Style and an Agile Style. Strong Style moves increase the move's power but decrease the Pokémon's move speed while the Agile Style decreases the move's power but increases the Pokémon's move speed.
- Just like previous installments, there is a day and night cycle.
- Regional forms first introduced in Pokémon Sun and Moon have returned as well as new evolutions for previous Pokémon.
The story of Pokémon Legends: Arceus is currently largely unknown. However, the Mythical Pokémon Arceus is set to play a role in the game's story.
- It was announced on February 26, 2021 on Pokémon's 25th Anniversary.
- This is the first mainline installment to:
- Have real-time battles and seamless transitions.
- Not have any new Starter Pokémon while also not being a remake of a previous installment.
- It is also the first mainline game to have each Starter Pokémon from a different region rather than all of them originating in the same region.
- It is also the first mainline installment since Pokémon Gold and Silver to return to a region from a previous generation without being a remake.
- To have human characters on their box art.
- The player characters closely bear resemblance to Lucas and Dawn, which could possibly mean that they are their ancestors.
- During the reveal, much of the art shown is in a traditional Japanese shodō style, including the art of the Starter Pokémon. The "Arceus" in the title is also written in this distinctive style.
- The open world environments are somewhat similar to those in The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild.
- The game's logo has the same colors as the logo for Pokémon 4Ever.