Pokémon Brilliant Diamond (ポケットモンスター ブリリアントダイヤモンド, Poketto Monsutaa Buririanto Daiyamondo, Pocket Monsters Brilliant Diamond) and Pokémon Shining Pearl (ポケットモンスター シャイニングパール, Poketto Monsutaa Shainingu Paaru, Pocket Monsters Shining Pearl) are the paired Generation VIII games that are enhanced remakes of the fourth-generation titles Diamond and Pearl.
The new games were revealed in a worldwide Pokémon Presents presentation on February 26, 2021.
|“||Unravel the Myth of the Pokémon That Controls TimeBD/SpaceSP!
Explore the Grand Underground!
Dance to the rhythm!
Search for Fossils and treasure by digging!
Changes from Diamond and Pearl
- Introduction of the Fairy type, which was introduced in Generation VI.
- Sprites are now changed to 3D models, akin to that of Pokémon X and Y from Generation VI.
- The Underground, a large system of winding tunnels underneath the Sinnoh region, has been turned into The Grand Underground. Here, the player is able to dig up fossils and create their own customizable Secret Base.
- Pokémon Hideaways can also be found in The Grand Underground. These are small dens containing different environments and Pokémon that are determined by the types of statues in the player's Secret Base.
- Player customization from X and Y has been added, allowing the player to choose clothing and hairstyles. However, the player is only able to change their entire outfit at a time rather than individual articles of clothing.
- The Union Room has been reintroduced and now takes advantage of local communication and Nintendo Switch Online communication to get in touch with other players.
- When sending out their last Pokémon, Gym Leaders now say their dialogue before sending it out.
- The removal of the Game Corner, which has been replaced with a boutique. However, the music remains the same.
- The inclusion of Pokémon that were added to the Sinnoh Pokédex in Pokémon Platinum.
- The inclusion of the lady in Floaroma town who gives the player the Gracidea in Platinum.
- HMs have been removed and their functions have been moved to the Pokétch, allowing players to call on Pokémon to traverse obstacles similar to Ride Pokémon from Sun and Moon.
- On rematches, all four members of the Elite Four use their Pokémon Platinum teams. Starting from the third match, the Elite Four teams are further improved into full parties of six.
Info below is retrieved from Serebii.
|Version||Release date||Size (Blocks/Bytes)||Fixes|
|1.1.0||November 19, 2021||3GB|| Adds Communication Features: Grand Underground, Super Contest, Union Room, Mystery Gift|
Allows for play locally and online
Adds Ramanas Park and Battle Zone access for when players have entered the Hall of Fame
Adds Opening and Ending Cinematics
Various bug fixes
|1.1.2||December 2, 2021||3GB|| Removes several possibilities of soft locks that prevented progress|
Removed a glitch that allowed for you to call up the menu at any time, affecting future game state
|1.1.3||December 22, 2021||3GB|| Removed a glitch that allowed for you to call up the menu at any time, affecting future game state|
Added a note saying Repel had run out when asking if you wish to use another
Fixed the overworld hitboxes to reduce amount of invisible collisions with obstacles
Fixed Fantina's Rematch team to remove Snatch from Banette, replacing it with Payback
|1.2.0||February 22, 2022||3GB|| Added the Global and Group Rankings|
Fixed Union Room so up to 8 players can join it at any one time. Allows players to also share the Capsule Decoration
Added the Colosseum Mode to Pokémon Centers allowing for players to select specific rules to battle
Prevents some Pokémon obtained through cheating or exploits from being used in Battles and Trades
|1.3.0||March 16, 2022||3GB|| Added the Global Wonder Station in Jubilife City|
Added the Arceus encounter alongside the Azure Flute being available if you have a completed Pokémon Legends: Arceus save file
- They are the first pair of remakes not to have new clothing designs for the player characters.
- However, Jasmine is the only one to receive a clothing update, without artwork.
- They are the first main series games not to be developed directly by Game Freak, although they are still overseeing the project and the games are still being directed by Junichi Masuda, the director of Pokémon Diamond and Pearl Version games.
- They are the first set of the remakes to directly mimic the art style of the games they are based on, having more chibi-like character designs from the sixth generation and onwards and to resemble the sprites used in the original Pokémon Diamond and Pearl games. However, in-battle character designs are closer to that of Pokémon Sword and Shield.
- They were announced on February 26, 2021, on Pokémon's 25th Anniversary (the original release of Pokémon Red and Green).
- Because of a malfunction on Amazon.com, the pre-ordered games were received a few weeks before the release date.
|This article is a stub.
Please help the wiki by expanding it.
Sword and Shield
(Expansion Pass: The Isle of Armor and The Crown Tundra)
Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl