PokéPark 2: Wonders Beyond (ポケパーク2 ＢＷ ビヨンド・ザ・ワールド Pokepāku 2 BW Biyondo za Wārudo) is a game for the Wii. It is the sequel to PokéPark Wii: Pikachu's Adventure.
Unlike the previous game, Pikachu, Snivy, Tepig, and Oshawott are all available to play as. However, Pikachu is only available at the start, and not all four Pokémon will be available at the same time. After meeting Samurott, Oshawott will be available. Snivy and Tepig can then be recruited, with Verdant Court in the Arbor Area being the location of the former and Rockridge Fort in the Crag Area being the location of the latter. The attractions in Wish Park have also been enhanced so that four players can cooperate and compete with each other.
Like in the previous game, Pokémon cannot be switched mid-battle. There are also areas where Pokémon will let the player character ride on them (such as Mandibuzz or Drifblim), which grants access to areas that are normally off-limits. When the game is beaten for the first time, access to the Arcane Area is granted.
The plot of the game revolves around Pikachu saving Piplup and his other pals from Wish Park. He meets different interesting Pokemon along the way, which he can battle and play with. Oshawott, Snivy, and Tepig become characters that the player can explore as.
|This article has an incomplete plot/synopsis.
Please help the Pokémon Wiki by expanding it.
Playable Characters (Story Mode)
Another thing that sets PokéPark 2 away from the previous game is that there are four playable Pokémon as compared to just Pikachu. They are listed below:
- Pikachu: Pikachu's moves are Thunderbolt, Iron Tail, and Quick Attack. Pikachu can use his Thunderbolt to shock blocks with a lightning symbol, removing it from its way in the dungeons. He can also carry small Pokémon and items.
- Snivy: Princess Snivy's known moves are Leaf Tornado and Leaf Storm which can be used to increase the height of her jumps and access normally unreachable places and to battle.
- Tepig: Tepig's known attacks are Flamethrower, Heat Crash, and Flame Charge which can be used to battle, smash small rocks and destroy large boulders that act as unbreakable obstacles for the other Pokémon.
- Oshawott: Oshawott's known attacks are Razor Shell and Water Gun which seems to only help the player in battle. However, Oshawott has the ability to swim in large bodies of water that the other Pokémon cannot cross.
Each of the four playable characters can be trained to upgrade their moves—for a certain number of berries. They are trained by their specific type and evolved forms:
- Raichu: Raichu can train Pikachu as his apprentice after Pikachu defeats him in battle. He can upgrade Pikachu's Thunderbolt, Iron Tail, and Dash Combo up to Level 3.
- Servine: Servine can train Snivy as her apprentice after Snivy defeats her in battle. She can upgrade Snivy's Leaf Tornado, Leaf Storm, and Dash Combo up to Level 3.
- Pignite: Pignite can train Tepig as his apprentice after Tepig defeats him in battle. He can upgrade Tepig's Flamethrower, Heat Crash, and Dash Combo up to Level 3.
- Dewott: Dewott can train Oshawott as his apprentice after Oshawott defeats him in battle. He can upgrade Oshawott's Razor Shell, Water Gun, and Dash Combo up to Level 3.
- Blitzle: Blitzle can train any of the playable characters to run like the wind. This will prove very useful when you're playing a game of Chase.
- Audino: Audino can help increase your maximum Hit Points up to Level 3. This will prove very useful when you're engaging other Pokémon in battle.
Other Helpful Pokémon
There are certain Pokémon you can interact with during and after the main storyline.
- Meowth: Look for Meowth in each of the different areas. He'll be more than willing to trade if you grant him something in return.
- Misdreavus: Misdreavus runs a Photo Studio in Cove Town. When you meet up with her for the first time, she'll show you how to take photos. However, there is a limit on the number of photos you can save in-game. Any more than 72 you'll have to save on an SD card.
- Musharna: She sleeps in Cove Town a lot and sees Wish Park in her dreams. You can ask her things about the place overtime. After you beat the game, you can talk to her and see the end credits whenever you want.
- Delibird: Delibird dropped his snowball while making a delivery. If you find it and return it to him, he'll grant you random presents from that point onward.
- Kecleon: This stealthy chameleon Pokémon has been following and observing you and your pals throughout the game. When you discover Kecleon for the very first time, he'll show you his Book of Records. All the Achievements and Awards you've gotten to date are in this book.
- Drifblim: After saving Drifblim and her pals from Wish Park, she'll be able to give you a lift to any place you've already been.
- Reuniclus: The head scientist at the Scientorium and the inventor of the poster portals.
Wish Park Pokémon
- Piplup: Pikachu's childhood friend who came to PokéPark with Pikachu. He got trapped in Wish Park, but he began to tell other Pokémon how scary Wish Park really is. When he returns after the game is beaten, he begins exploring PokéPark. You can sometimes find him in Cove Town and he'll give you a collectable item.
Similar to the previous game, PokéPark 2 also has attractions located in Wish Park. However, unlike its predecessor, when you play the Attractions for the first time, only Pikachu, Snivy, Tepig, and Oshawott are playable. You can also play with three other friends in a special function on the menu. The game only has four attractions: the Cake Contraption, Dance Inferno, Power Bash and the Flight of Fancy.
Certain areas have a "Keeper", a guide who can help the players out with their investigation. You can seek their advice.
- Samurott: The wise and noble Samurott is the Keeper of the Cove Area. This warrior is very dependable and believes that teamwork will help solve the case faster.
- Serperior: Queen Serperior is the Keeper of the Arbor Area. She hopes that one day, Snivy will become queen. But Snivy's uncouth manners never seem to improve...
- Emboar: As powerful as he is kind, Emboar is the Keeper of the Crag Area. He's the one who runs the Battle Tournament in which some of the strongest of Pokémon gather to battle it out.
- Conkeldurr: Conkeldurr is in charge of the Tech Area. You'll need to earn his favor before you can befriend any Pokémon around here.
Game Boy Color
Pokémon Puzzle Challenge
Pokémon Dash · Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Blue Rescue Team · Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time & Explorers of Darkness · Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky · Pokémon Trozei! · Pokémon Ranger · Pokémon Ranger: Shadows of Almia · Pokémon Ranger: Guardian Signs · Learn with Pokémon: Typing Adventure · Pokémon Conquest
Pokédex 3D · Pokémon Rumble Blast · Pokédex 3D Pro · Pokémon Dream Radar · Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity · Pokémon Bank · Poké Transporter · Pokémon Battle Trozei · Pokémon Art Academy · The Band of Thieves & 1000 Pokémon · Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS / Wii U · Pokémon Shuffle · Pokémon Rumble World · Pokémon Super Mystery Dungeon · Pokémon Picross · Detective Pikachu
|Main Series games|