Melemele Island is an island in the Alola region. It is where the player character starts the game. The Guardian Deity is Tapu Koko. Tapu Koko is found in the Ruins of Conflict. The island consists of:
- Route 1
- Ten Carat Hill
- Melemele Sea
- Iki Town
- Ruins of Conflict
- Mahalo Trail
- Hau'oli City
- Route 2
- Berry Fields
- Verdant Cavern
- Route 3
- Kala'e Bay
- Seaward Cave
- Melemele Meadow
There is only one trial on this island. The Grand Trial is with Hala, Hau's grandfather.
|Trial Captain||Verdant Cavern||Normal||Gumshoos (Sun/Ultra Sun)
Alolan Raticate (Moon/Ultra Moon)
|Kahuna||Iki Town||Fighting||No Totem (Kahuna Battle)|
- Melemele Island is based off of Oahu.
- Melemele means yellow in Hawaiian.
- The trial's Totem changes depending on the version. It is the only trial to do this.
- Ash lived on Melemele Island in the Sun and Moon series.
- Melemele Island is the only location in Pokémon Sun and Moon where Pikachu can be found, though it is via summoning from Pichu (It can be found in Pikachu valley in Pokémon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon)
- It's worth noting that the only Pikachu obtainable here is an Ash Cap Pikachu, so Melemele Island is the only location in the Alola games where Pikachu can be caught
Cities, Towns and Villages
Caves, Tunnels and Mountains
Places of Interest
Akala Outskirts · Altar of the Moone · Altar of the Sunne · Ancient Poni Path · Berry Fields · Brooklet Hill · Exeggutor Island · Haina Desert · Hano Beach · Hau'oli Cemetery · Kala'e Bay · Kantonian Gym · Lake of the Moone · Lake of the Sunne · Lush Jungle · Mahalo Trail · Malie Garden · Melemele Meadow · Melemele Sea · Memorial Hill · Paniola Ranch · Poni Breaker Coast · Poni Coast · Poni Gauntlet · Poni Grove · Poni Meadow · Poni Plains · Poni Wilds · Royal Avenue · Secluded Shore · Ula'ula Meadow · Vast Poni Canyon · Wela Volcano Park · Heahea BeachUSUM · Poni BeachUSUM
|Other regions: Kanto (Sevii Islands) · Johto · Hoenn · Sinnoh (Battle Zone) · Unova · Kalos · Alola · Galar (Isle of Armor · Crown Tundra)|