Marowak is a Pokémon that has a brown body with a sandy-colored underside. It has a single claw on its hands and feet. Its tail has a single protrusion near the end. The Pokémon's head seems to be an exoskeleton helmet and wields a long bone.
Alolan Marowak has a black body. The middle part of its skull has a pattern that resembles the appearance of an extruded high-cylinder cap. Its bone has two light green flames constantly burning on both ends.
Marowak can have one of two abilities, Rock Head or Lightningrod. Rock Head prevents Marowak from taking Recoil Damage from using moves like Double-Edge. Lightningrod causes all Electric-type attacks to target Marowak. From its birth, this savage Pokémon constantly holds bones. It is skilled at using them as weapons, throwing them with great skill like boomerangs to KO foes. Its attack power doubles when wielding a club.
Alolan Marowak can rub their bones on their foreheads to create fireballs and spin their bones to throw the fireballs.
Marowak are usually seen living in caves and grasslands, though some might be living in deserts.
|Red and Blue||Victory Road, Cerulean Cave||Uncommon|
|Gold and Silver||Rock Tunnel||Rare|
|Crystal||Route 9, 10, Rock Tunnel||Rare|
|Ruby and Sapphire||Trade||None|
|FireRed and LeafGreen||Seven Island, Victory Road||Rare|
|Diamond and Pearl||Evolve Cubone||None|
|HeartGold and SoulSilver||Rock Tunnel, Safari Zone||Rare|
|Black and White||Route 15||Uncommon|
|X and Y||Evolve Cubone||None|
|Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire||Trade||None|
|Sun and Moon||Evolve Cubone||none|
- Main article: Kiawe's Marowak (anime)
- Otoshi's Marowak
- Luana's Marowak
- Gavin's Marowak
- Oriba's Marowak
- Jeffrey's Marowak
- Halverson's Marowak
- Marowak (Origins)
- Marowak and its pre-Evolution Cubone for three generations were two of the only Pokémon to have three signature attacks. The attacks were Bone Club, Bonemerang, and Bone Rush.
- Three bones appear in the Nacrene City museum. A plate on the base of the display says the bones used to be wielded by a Pokémon, referring to Marowak or Cubone.
- The ghost Marowak in Lavender Town is the first wild Pokémon that cannot be caught by normal gameplay and no cheating, you have to run away or defeat it. The second is Black/White Kyurem.
- Even though the Kantonian Marowak is not a Ghost type, it shares the trait of a Ghost type in Generations 1 and 3, as it cannot be seen without a certain item.
- Marowak was originally supposed to evolve into Kangaskhan, but this was changed right before the original games were released.
- Alolan Marowak is the only fully-evolved Pokémon that has a complete different typing from its pre-evolution.
- Alolan Marowak is the third Alolan form that evolves from a normal form, the others are Raichu and Exeggutor.
Marowak seems to be based off of dinosaurs. It has some elements of cavemen as well, according to its behavior of using bones as weapons and wearing skulls as helmets.
Alolan Marowak might be inspired by Hawaiian fire dancers.
Marowak's name was probably based on "Marrow" (Which is the inside of a bone) and "Whack" (The action of smacking something into something else; his/her bone).
- Pokémon.com Pokédex
- Legendary Pokémon data
- The Pokémon Database
- Pokémon Dream Pokédex data
- Psypokes Psydex data
|Generation I Pokémon|
|Other Pokémon: Johto • Hoenn • Sinnoh • Unova • Kalos • Alola • Galar|