|This article needs the latest image.
Reason: ORAS needed.
Lavaridge Town is a town located at the foothills of Mt. Chimney, accessible only by going down the Mt. Chimney via Jagged Pass other than soaring and flying. The Lavaridge Pokémon Center is connected to a hot spring, which is what Lavaridge Town is famous for all over the Hoenn region. An old lady in front of the hot springs gives the player character/protagonist a Pokémon Egg, which hatches into Wynaut. She will give you another Egg afterwards, which hatches into a Togepi. The Gym Leader of Lavaridge is Flannery, who uses Fire-type Pokémon.
Places in Town
The hot springs are connected to the back of the Pokémon Center.
Pokémon Herb Shop
There is a Herb Shop which sells four different types of herbal medicine. The herbs will cause a Pokémon's friendship to decrease when used.
The Lavaridge Gym is a Fire-type Pokémon gym.The Gym has several holes, the player character needs to jump in the correct holes to reach Flannery as each opening takes the player character to a different place, where the player character has to battle with other trainers. Flannery is the Gym Leader here. She gives the Heat Badge to the trainers who can defeat her in a battle.
- Wynaut (Egg)
- Ice Heal (Hidden) R/S/E/OR/AS
- TM75 OR/AS
- Houndoominite OR/AS
- Charcoal R/S/E/OR/AS
- Go-Goggles R/S/E/OR/AS
Lavaridge Town is revisited in PJ064 when Hodge asks Ash and Goh to help him and his grandfather find the reason why their hot spring pipes have been clogged.
- The elderly lady staying in the Ambrette Hotel makes a reference to Lavaridge Town, since Ambrette Town has no hot springs.
- The old ladies in the hot spring are exclusive to Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald.
- Lavaridge Town's name comes from "lava" (molten rock once it reaches the surface, as well as a shade of red) and "ridge" (a raised land formation). Fuen Town, its Japanese name, comes from 楓 (fū, maple, often associated with red) and 炎 (en, flame)
- Lavaridge Town is based on the cities of Aso and Beppu, the latter being well-known for its hot springs referred to as the Hells of Beppu.
Caves, Tunnels and Mountains
Rusturf Tunnel · Island Cave · Granite Cave · Desert Ruins · Jagged Pass · Fiery Path · Mt. Chimney · Meteor Falls
Scorched Slab · Ancient Tomb · Mt. Pyre · Shoal Cave · Team Aqua Hideout · Team Magma Hideout · Seafloor Cavern
Cave of Origin · Sky Pillar · Victory Road · Sealed Chamber · Altering Cave E · Artisan Cave E · Desert Underpass E · Marine Cave E · Terra Cave E
Places of Interest
|Other regions: Kanto (Sevii Islands) · Johto · Hoenn · Sinnoh (Battle Zone) · Unova · Kalos · Alola · Galar (Isle of Armor · Crown Tundra)|