Kanto Starters are the starter Pokémon belonging to the Kanto region. There are five starter Pokémon.
- 1 Games
- 2 Anime
- 3 Trivia
- 4 Gallery
Pokémon Green, Red, Blue, FireRed and LeafGreen
In Pokémon Green, Pokémon Red and Blue, and Pokémon FireRed and LeafGreen, the player receives one of the Kanto starters Bulbasaur, Charmander and Squirtle as his first Pokémon from Professor Oak. The player's rival receives the starter Pokémon whose type is stronger against the player's chosen starter.
In the Pokémon Yellow Version game, the player does not receive one of the three starters as his first Pokémon but a Pikachu that Professor Oak has captured. The player's rival will receive an Eevee. The player will obtain the Kanto starter Pokémon later in the game. A girl in Cerulean City will give the player a Bulbasaur, but only if the friendship between the player and his Pikachu is high. At the north of Route 24, a boy gives the player a Charmander. In Vermilion City, Officer Jenny gives the player a Squirtle after the player has defeated the Vermilion City Gym.
Pokémon: Let's Go, Pikachu! and Let's Go, Eevee!
In Pokémon: Let's Go, Pikachu! and Let's Go, Eevee!, the player receives one of the Partner Pokémon, Pikachu or Eevee as their first Pokémon depending on which version of the game they are playing. The player's rival will receive a regular Pikachu or Eevee in those games. Much like with Pokémon Yellow, the player will obtain the Kanto starter Pokémon later in the game. they will be same way as they did in Pokémon Yellow. The Kanto starter Pokémon will also gained the power of Mega evolution once Blue gives the player Key stone and Mega Stones for the Kanto Starters Pokémon, which will unlock the final gym in Viridian City.
Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver
Pokémon X and Y
In Pokémon X and Y, Professor Sycamore will allow the player to choose one of the Kanto starters when the player visits his lab in Lumiose City and defeats him in a battle. He will also give the player a Mega Stone corresponding to the Pokémon which the player chooses:
- If the play chooses Bulbasaur: Venasaurite
- If the player chooses Charmander: Charizardite X (X) Charizardite Y (Y)
- If the player chooses Squirtle: Blastoisnite
Pokémon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon
In Pokémon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon, the Kanto starters can be caught in the wild via Island Scan on Melemele Island.
Pokémon Sword and Shield
In The Isle of Armor, Honey will let the player choose either Bulbasaur or Squirtle after completing the Master Dojo's first trial. Once fully evolved, these Pokémon will be capable of Gigantamaxing. Honey will keep the Pokémon not chosen by the player, and use it on her team.
In The Crown Tundra, Ivysaur, Charmeleon, and Wartortle can be found in Dynamax Adventures.
- received a Pikachu as his very first Pokémon and can even Gigantamax.
- Caught three of the Kanto region starter Pokémon, Bulbasaur, Charmander, and Squirtle, in quick succession. However, one out of the three evolved, as Charmander was the only that has evolved, becoming a Charmeleon, and later a Charizard, both of which were very disobedient to Ash until an incident in the Orange Archipelago, after which it served Ash as it had when it was a Charmander. Bulbasaur was also going to evolve, but decided to stay as itself then become an Ivysaur.
- Caught a Bulbasaur midway through her journey in Hoenn, and was given a Squirtle by Professor Oak when she journeyed to Kanto. Bulbasaur evolved all the way into a Venusaur and Squirtle evolved into Wartortle during May's travels through Johto.
- Raised an Eevee from an Egg that has since evolved into Glaceon.
- Serena caught an Eevee in a wild but has since evolved Sylveon.
- Lana caught a wild Eevee that she nicknamed Sandy.
- Goh caught a Pikachu but evolved into a Raichu.
- Chloe caught a Eevee as her first Pokémon.
- Gary started his journey with a Squirtle as it evolved into Wartortle then into Blastoise.
- He also stared with a Squirtle in an alternate community in MS020: Pokémon The Movie - I Choose You!.
- Gary caught a Eevee but has since evolved into a Unbreon.
- Virgil raised various Eevee and evolved seven out of eight them.
- Alain began his journey to search for a Mega Stone with a Charmander as it evolved into Charmeleon then into Charizard.
- Tierno started with a Squirtle as it evolved into Wartortle then into Blastoise
- Shauna started out with a Bulbasaur but has since evolved into Ivysaur.
- Trevor started with a Charmander as it evolved into Charmeleon then into Charizard.
- Gladion found an injured Eevee when he was little but has since evolved into a Umbreon.
- Ilima started with a Eevee.
- The Kanto starters and the Hoenn starters are the only set of starters capable of Mega Evolution.
- The Kanto's starter Pokémon are the only ones to appear in more than one regional Pokédex: Kanto's, Johto's, and Kalos's.
- In Pokémon Yellow, and Let's Go, Pikachu!/Let's Go, Eevee!, Pikachu and Eevee are the only Starters that cannot evolve in the games in which they are starter Pokémon.
- Let's Go, Pikachu! and Let's Go, Eevee!'s respective starters are also the only ones that cannot be traded to other games
- Pikachu and Eevee are the only Starters in the canon RPG games that deviates from the usual Grass, Fire, and Water typings.