This Haxorus is a Dragon-type Pokémon owned by Iris and was the first Pokémon she revealed to possess. He, as an Axew, has appeared alongside Iris in the first episode of the Best Wishes series "In the Shadow of Zekrom!"
Axew is usually very friendly, that he is able to make friends quickly with other Pokémon. Since he is being taken care by Iris from the time he hatched, their bond is really strong. He often express concern towards his friends, such as he showed his gratefulness when Emolga stopped his apple from rolling down a hill. Axew is best friends with Ash's Scraggy as they have a brotherly bond.
In Pokémon Journeys following his evolution twice from Fraxure to Haxorus, he now shows both his seriousness and determination to battle against Ash's Dragonite after he overpowers Ash's Dracovish with his powerful abilities. He also became sad and upset when he got lost to Dragonite from getting knocked out by its newly learned Draco Meteor and was comforted by Iris. Haxorus also develops a friendly rivalry towards Ash's Dragonite following his loss.
|This article has an incomplete plot/synopsis.
Reason: Needs more info and references.
Please help the Pokémon Wiki by expanding it.
He was the first Pokémon that Ash scanned with his new Pokédex, although he was aiming it at Iris' hair and so wondered why it looked nothing like the Pokédex image. Axew struck up a fast friendship with Ash's Pikachu, showing that he is very friendly. Axew is shown to have a close bond with Iris, as she tried everything to rescue him from a Sandile's mouth in A Sandile Gusher of Change!.
According to Cilan in Triple Leaders, Team Threats!, Axew and Iris have perfect compatibility. He later watched Ash's battle against the three Leaders of the Striaton Gym. In Dreams by the Yard Full!, it is revealed that Axew's dream is to evolve into a Haxorus.
Axew has some childish traits about it, as shown in Saving Darmanitan from the Bell!, where he starting fighting with Pikachu because he thought Pikachu had stolen his food. It is shown in The Bloom Is On Axew! that Axew is a weak battler, as he cries even when hit by weak attacks. Despite this, he has a powerful attack, Dragon Rage. However, he hasn't quite mastered it yet, so when he uses it, the attack accidentally explodes everywhere instead of being fired at an opponent, which Ash and Cilan teasingly call "Dragon Sneeze", much to the annoyance of Iris. It is also revealed that Iris obtained Axew from the Elder in her hometown (Dragon Village, as stated in The Bloom Is On Axew) when he was a baby.
After being told that he will be like a "big brother" to the Pokémon inside Ash's egg, Axew began dancing happily and accidentally knocked the egg down a hill. It was saved by Pikachu before any harm could come to it. After seeing how aggressive Scraggy was, Axew kept his eye on it and was the first to realize when he had wandered off. After Scraggy was paralyzed by a Galvantula, Axew helped Iris find a plant that would cure him. Axew battled Scraggy the following day, with the battle ending in a draw. They had a second battle in Dancing With the Ducklett Trio!, but it ended after Axew attempted to use Dragon Rage.
In PJ065, Axew was revealed to have evolved twice from Fraxure then to a Haxorus.
- Axew has some similarities with Ash's Gible, namely the way in which Axew charges up his Dragon Rage is very similar to Gible and his Draco Meteor.
- Axew and Gible both had difficulty mastering these Dragon-type moves.
- They are also both part of a three-stage evolution that retain their typing throughout all three forms.
- Before it could utilize Dragon Rage, Axew's attack was dubbed as "Dragon Sneeze"; his mouth remained closed, leaving the trapped energy to do nothing left but explode.
- Axew is also similar to Ash's Caterpie in that both expressed that their desire was to evolve into their final form and eventually evolved into that form.
- Axew has some similarities to Misty's Togepi:
- Rather than staying in a Poké Ball, Iris carries Axew around in her hair and Misty carried Togepi around in her arms.
- They also both belong to the female character in the group.
- Axew has been revealed to have a crush on Iris' Emolga, as confirmed by Iris herself.
- Axew's dream was to evolve into its final evolutionary form, Haxorus.
- Although being the first Pokémon owned by Iris to be seen on screen, it's actually the second Pokémon to be owned by Iris, first being Excadrill.
- Axew is the only one of Iris' Pokémon that has always listened to her. Excadrill, Emolga, and Dragonite have all disobeyed Iris at some point.
- Axew evolved off screen like much like the three of May's Pokémon which are May's Venusaur, May's Wartortle and May's Glaceon when they return alongside their trainer.
- A Japanese event, the Mystery Egg, would randomly distribute in-game representations of Cilan's Pansage, Ash's Pidove and Iris' Axew. Axew is always male and always has the Ability Mold Breaker.
|Lv. -||♂||Lv. -||-||Lv. ?||-||Lv. ?||-||Lv. ?||-||Lv. ?||-|
|Ability: Unknown||Ability: Unknown||Ability: Unknown||Ability: Unknown||Ability: Unknown||Ability: Unknown|
|Item: None||Item: ?||Item: ?||Item: ?||Item: ?||Item: ?|