Gible first appeared when the townsfolk of Blackthorn City were angry with it for devouring a park. Iris stepped in to protect Gible, who used Dig to escape the scene. Iris later found him destroying a lady's garden. Upon spying Axew, he started biting his head, causing Iris to, unsuccessfully, read his heart. Gible later ran off and made his way to the top of a clock tower, where a strong gust of wind blew him off the tower. He was eventually rescued by Iris, who learnt by reading his heart, successfully this time, that Gible had been accidentally carried away from his home by a wild Skarmory and ended up in the city.
Gible accompanied Iris, along with Clair to a flower garden to retrieve Clair's Dragonite. Iris said goodbye to Gible here and she went to the Blackthorn Gym to battle Clair. Gible later appeared in the Gym and watched the battle between Dragonite and Druddigon. After the battle, Gible decided to go with Iris and was caught in a Poké Ball. Just as Iris was leaving Blackthorn City, she along with Axew and Gible caught a glimpse of the legendary Pokémon, Rayquaza flying through the clouds in the sky.
- Kiyotaka Furushima (Japanese)
- Just like Ash's Gible, Iris' Gible has the tendency to bite on the heads of any human or Pokémon.
- Also like Ash's Gible, Iris' Gible destroyed a park and had to be rescued before being captured.
- Gible is of the Dragon-type, a type of Pokémon that applies to multiple of Iris' Pokémon, with others including Axew and Dragonite.
- Gible is the first Ground-type Pokémon to be captured by Iris during the series. This is the second Pokémon of such type overall she has, the first being Excadrill, although that was caught prior to the storyline seen in the Best Wishes! series.
- Gible is the first Pokémon to be captured in a side-story episode.
- Iris' Gible is the first Pokémon of a main character to only know one move so far.