Gallade somewhat shares a resemblance to his female counterpart Gardevoir, but is different in many ways. The "skirt" of his pre-evolved form is now gone, revealing his legs, which are now much wider. The red horns that were on his head have moved down to his chest, like that of Gardevoir, but are much sharper. His head is also similar to that of a Gardevoir, but he instead has a large gray-blue horn resembling a gladiator helmet. Another notable feature is the blade-like protrusions from his elbows, which Gallade can use as swords. It seems that the sharp protrusions can be extended and retracted when necessary. The shiny version of Gallade has a blue coloring where the original has green, and his "helmet" becomes silver instead of light blue. He also has a slightly purple colored hue.
Gallade are noble Pokemon that protect the weak and are talented at etiquette and "fencing", as well as they can do anything to defeat their enemies.
Gallade have the ability Steadfast, which allows their speed to increase x1.5 if they flinch. As Mega Gallade, he has Inner Focus, which makes any move that attempts to flinch Mega Gallade, such as Fake Out, completely useless.
Most Gallade live on treetops so as to jump down and fight with enemies or alert civilians.
|Diamond and Pearl||Evolve Kirlia♂||None|
|HeartGold and SoulSilver||Evolve Kirlia♂||None|
|Black and White||Evolve Kirlia♂ (White only)||None|
Side game locations
|Explorers of Time & Explorers of Darkness||Spacial Rift (B1F-B9F)|
|Pokémon Ranger: Shadows of Almia||Altru Building|
|Pokémon Rumble||Silent Forest|
Mega Evolution Sprites
Battle Animation Sprites
Gallade made its anime debut in "A Grand Fight for Winning", and it made an appearance in the movie The Rise of Darkrai. Zoey also has a Gallade, which she used in her Grand Festival match against Dawn.
In the Platinum chapter, Darach owns a Gallade.
- Gallade's arms might be samurai swords due to how they look and how Gallade uses them.
- In its cry, it sounds as if Gallade is drawing out its blades.
- The name "Gallade" has actually existed long before the Pokémon's creation; there is a U.S.-based chemical distribution company called "Gallade Chemical", which started business in the 1960s and has no relations with Nintendo or The Pokémon Company International.
- Despite being a Fighting-type, it can only learn one Fighting-type move (Close Combat) by leveling up.
- Gallade is the second Psychic/Fighting-type to get a Mega Evolution, the other is Medicham.
- Gallade is one of the two Fighting-type Pokémon that can learn an actual Fairy-type move, which is Dazzling Gleam, the other is Meloetta in its Pirouette Forme, but only in battle after using Relic Song.
- Gallade is the only Pokemon in the Ralts family whose secondary type is Fighting and not Fairy.
- Gallade was originally to have a 7:1 gender ratio but this idea was later dumped.
Gallade is based off a knight.
Gallade's English name is a combination of the words "Gallant" and "Blade". Its Japanese name, Erlade, is a combination of the word "Earl" (meaning chieftain) and "blade".
- Pokémon.com Pokédex
- Legendary Pokémon data
- The Pokémon Database
- Pokémon Dream Pokédex data
- Psypokes Psydex data
|Generation IV Pokémon|
|Other Pokémon: Kanto • Johto • Hoenn • Unova • Kalos • Alola • Galar|