This is a vote for the new backgrounds, as proposed here.
You can support only one background at a time. There are no neutral or against votes. The image with the most support votes will be added as this Wiki's background.
Energy X's background
- Support: I think this is best. Although it'd be better if it was separated in the middle so the article/editing window doesn't cover up most of the image. --Shockstorm (talk) 12:34, September 25, 2014 (UTC)
Moonlit Sylveon's background
- Support: It shows off Groudon and Kyogre's new forms, and they wouldn't be covered up by the wiki's content, unlike how the others would be. The image looks pretty good Mastergabe2000 (talk) 17:02, September 23, 2014 (UTC)
- Support: I admit that one looks quite better; it meets the quality, resolution and the fact that the main part should be on left and right sides, not in the center. And, uh, unlike my proposal, it focuses on the next game. Energy X 17:39, September 23, 2014 (UTC)
- Support: It fit's the wiki more then Energy X's background and it is bigger then Ellis's. . Yoponot (talk) 22:15, September 23, 2014 (UTC)
- Support: I definitely vote for the one prposed by Moonlit Sylveon, what else can I say apart from what they've already said? It has the theme of Primal Reversion with ORAS. Adrián Perry GZ 21:19, September 23, 2014 (UTC)
- Support: I have to agree with that one. Has both quality and resolution.--Kyurem147 (talk) 21:24, September 23, 2014 (UTC)
- Support: I prefer Moonlit Sylveon's background better than Ellis' background (I don't think his background will fit as a background of Pokemon Wikia's Main Page!). Sigh, I wish Moonlit should come back :(. Nectaria (talk) 22:39, September 23, 2014 (UTC)
12:06, October 8, 2014 (UTC)
- Support: This one is dymantic and I like it. It fits the theme with those games coming out next month.
- Support: My vote goes to this one. Main reason is it is actual. It shows in a way the wiki is active cause of it relation to the upcoming game. I think that is very important when you want to attract new users and it keeps it fresh Jantje132 (talk) 19:14, October 8, 2014 (UTC)
Energy X's 2nd background
All of the proposed images don't look right when I tested them. In fact they make the wiki look tacky, cheap and out of place.05:29, September 24, 2014 (UTC)
We could probably request a background image to be made if we ask on the central wiki. Especially since ORAS is coming out, and Wikia has an interest in making this wiki look attractive for that. --Shockstorm (talk) 12:36, September 25, 2014 (UTC)
Considering most of these users were not aware (including myself) that we could ask the Wikia to design the background, and the fact we don't have much experience in the background, I am locking the vote and asking the development team. Energy X 18:02, September 29, 2014 (UTC)
Wikia needs you to help us help you
Hey guys :) I'll be helping you out with your background and wordmark request. I'm unlocking this thread because I need your help! You guys may feel that you don't have the design "chops" to get this job done, but what I need is your expertise about Pokemon! We want to get this design right, and great design starts with content.
So what I need from you guys is a sense of what are the most important things you'd like to see in the background/logo. What basic idea do you want to convey with the background. Give me, if you would, a "wish list" of things to include, and it'll help us achieve something great by the time the new game launches. I assume we'll want to stress the new game in the design, but this is your community! So please use the space below to give me an idea of what colours/characters/ideas you want to stress in your new design! Thanks :) — CzechOut 18:56, October 2, 2014 (UTC)
Primal Groudon, Primal Kyogre, and the three Hoenn starters mega evolved would look nice. Maybe a volcano on one side and ocean on the other since that is seen on a lot of Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire promotional material. --I'm Yoponot and I approve this message (talk) 02:08, October 3, 2014 (UTC)
- That's basically what I was thinking as well. Also a possibility: Mega Rayquaza could also be featured flying around towards the top. --Shockstorm (talk) 03:12, October 3, 2014 (UTC)
- Thanks for your responses, guys! Keep 'em comin'! Anyone got any specific thoughts about, say, a version of the Pokemon logo that would be preferred for the wordmark? I'm guessing the most modern, as seen on Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire stuff, but that may not be your preference. I know on other wikias about long-running franchises, Wikians have sometimes preferred older logos as being more "franchise definitive". Star Trek wikias might prefer the font of the original series with Shatner to the font used in later series. Dunno if it's that way with Pokemon. — CzechOut 13:58, October 3, 2014 (UTC)
- Let's see... it would be good if the Graphic Wordmark contained the official Pokémon logo, rather than this one. As for the Favicon, maybe we could use a new one. The current one is good, but can be better. Lastly, the background could contain the ones Yoponot requested; starters on one rail and the legendaries on the other. Energy X 12:40, October 4, 2014 (UTC)
- Here's an initial stab at the wordmark:
- Getting an exact match on the font is tricky, especially since there are no rounded letters in the word "wiki". But I think at the 250x width the match is pretty decent. What do you guys think? — CzechOut 03:33, October 6, 2014 (UTC)
- By "title" are you meaning the wordmark above? And what, specifically, are you thinking makes it look amateurish? I don't mind criticism, but in order to help you, I need to know the direction in which you'd like to go.
- Shockstorm said, above, to use the franchise's actual logo, which doesn't leave a lot of room for more than just the word "wiki". Are you saying that you disagree with that choice?
- And if by "Bulbapedia" you mean http://bulbapedia.bulbgarden.net, that's not a very helpful example on which to base this design, because it's oriented wholly differently. They've got a fat, portrait-oriented square; we've got widescreen 250 X 65 space. Their design simply couldn't work in the space we have available. IF you could find some examples of widescreen logos you like, then I'll be able to help you a whole lot better. :) — CzechOut 12:47, October 6, 2014 (UTC)
- Another important point about Bulbapedia is that their name naturally suggests a logo. They're called "Bulbapedia" so naturally their logo includes an image of a bulb. This wikia, by contrast, is actually called "Pokemon wiki". That's great for SEO, but it kinda gives you less too work with, symbolically. — CzechOut 12:57, October 6, 2014 (UTC)
- I think a mascot has to be picked, so that you have a focus to design around. Many pokemon websites have a mascot - bulbasaur, celebi, marill, etc. I think that sort of decision will help give the site more cohesion. ~remaai 21:23, October 8, 2014 (UTC)
- I agree with CzechOut. We cannot be too picky about this decision. I also checked some of the old logos and most don't seem that good. As for the background, it could be better; as stated, Mega Rayquaza with Primal Kyorgre and Primal Groudon on one side, while Mudkip, Treecko and Torchic on the other. Energy X 15:31, October 6, 2014 (UTC)
Since Energy X has now created a new thread about the new wordmark and I've opened one about the new backgrounds, it would be confusing to keep this thread open. So I'm returning this thread o a state of closure, as Energy X did a few days ago. — CzechOut 05:05, October 12, 2014 (UTC)