I would like to point out that I am working on a project and these are the things that I want to begin putting into motion.
- File names of moves in games will need to be named according to what games it was depicted in, unless it was depicted that way in all games of a generation. For example, as I have done with File:Defense Curl RSEFRLG.png instead of having it as "Defense Curl III.png" because it is not only depicted one way in the Generation III games as we have Colloseum and XD. I know that only a select few have the power to rename files, but I am letting you know that this will be an approach I will take as part of my project.
- For anime images made for the gallery section of an episode, we should add categories by the episode code. For example, "DP079 images". These type of images should also be of a subcategory by season, in this case "Season 11 images".
- For manga images made for the gallery section of a chapter, we should add categories according to the chapter code. For example, "ORAS001 images". These type of categories should also be a subcategory of a volume of a manga series.
- If an image is meant to depict a character Pokémon, for example, May's Beautifly, it should be placed under the "Images of Beautifly" category. I am suggesting we remove the whole Pokémon by season category too. It doesn't seem fitting, I mean what if an image reuploaded and it is an image obviously from a different season, unless that person replaces the category to match the season, which most do not do, it will be misleading.
- If the image is of a move, for example, Defense Curl, it should be placed under the "Images of Defense Curl" category. This will actually make the gallery subpages of moves redundant, and thus would be deleted, but nothing will be lost as we'd get a list of move images anyway, but in a way more efficient and easier to manage. We will just leave a link on the actual move page of that move's images. I am suggesting we remove the moves by season category too. It doesn't seem fitting, what if an image was reuploaded and it is an image obviously from a different season, unless that person replaces the category to match the season which most do not do, it will be misleading.
- Neutral: I am going to stay neutral with this one. I do agree on some given points but I also disagree with some points (like the gallery subpages ones, which were created and now only to be deleted again, and the making specific categories one being too much in my opinion). However, I don't disagree with everything since I do support several points (mostly the first one).--Lordranged7 (talk) 21:55, November 4, 2016 (UTC)
- Neutral: I agree with some of the points mentioned above, mainly the first point mentioned, as a rename of those images seems reasonable. However, I do not agree with the removal of gallery pages again, as it was just added to the pages. About the categories, I do not completely disagree on using it, but I also don't feel it is really needed, so on that point my stance will be neutral. Misch60 (talk) 22:23, November 4, 2016 (UTC)
- Oppose: I have to disagree. The galleries are bigger and more importantly organized. They're more spread out. That's why we made them to show all the moves.--Kyurem147 (talk) 20:18, November 5, 2016 (UTC)
- Comment: There's a lot of points in that request, so I'll just write my reason for the vote in here.
- png is preferred format. Being said, it is not objected if a person uploads a png file over a jpg one. The only times I could think when it would violate if the png is way smaller than the jpg one. Besides, there's too many jpg images in the galleries of episodes and chapters, that'd take ages to replace.
- Sounds good enough, it would even be encouraged to do rename images to the games they are used in.
- I am not certain how others do with that template, but I would refuse to use it, for a number of reasons.
- description - well, that's what I want others to write, since it increases SEO. But it doesn't need a template to do the job. Plus, if you want individual descriptions, that would be hard to do, considering a lot of people upload a lot of files at once. In short, it is preferred to have a basic description.
- source - that may as well be the biggest problem. Sure, there are certain sites from where you can directly copy the image. But a lot of sites have images copied from another site. It's not that big of a deal anymore, since anyone wishing to know the source could ask the uploader about it (if they know, that is).
- copyright - eh, it is dealt with templates like fairuse, not a big deal here.
- purpose of the image - not exactly certain what's that about. Either way, doesn't this depend on the page it is placed on.
- Making categories for anime images is way too much work. Some attempted to do this before, but it didn't work out. The current way is fine enough.
- Same as anime images, making categories for a specific chapter is too much and pointless. Not only that, but how would you even handle certain animations that are used in more different episodes? Again, too much work and I don't approve of it, since you'd have to go through not only the ones on episode/chapter pages, but the ones on location, character and Pokémon pages as well.
- Move images, well, it's a bit annoying the vote for galleries was initiated and a lot of pages were created, only they would be deleted after this vote would pass.
I said no because this is a very unpractical way to do things. I don't even know why would someone do this, considering there aren't even enough people to do this. To change a system to the one proposed here would take years to complete, and I am fairly certain a lot of people would give up in the beginning.
Finally, I want to point out that the greater priority for this Wiki should be adding content, not reorganizing things. Sun and Moon is coming and for 10 years we still have stub articles on location pages (especially the routes), no info on character pages (though several people and I are working on that), still no move lists on Pokémon pages and more. All in all, the readers would obviously be interested in reading the moves the new Pokémon are using, rather than be "fascinated" how the new system works. That's my view on these things. Energy X 21:36, October 29, 2016 (UTC)