The Dowsing Machine replaced the Itemfinder in Diamond/Pearl and Crystal until Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire and was later replaced by Stoutland Poké Ride. It is used to find hidden items that can't be seen.
- Pokétch No: 07
- Basic Info: "The Dowsing Machine app locates unseeable items."
- Computer Info: The Dowsing Machine can find buried items for you. If an item is near you, it will respond when you touch the app.
- Obtainable from Prof. Rowan's kid (Dawn/Lucas) at Route 207. (Diamond/Pearl/Platinum)
- Obtainable from a non playable character in Ecruteak City. (HeartGold/SoulSilver)
- Obtainable from Bianca in Nacrene City. (Black/White)
- Obtainable from a non-playable character on Route 8 - Muraille Coast. (X/Y)
- This application serves the same purpose as an Itemfinder.
- Tap on the screen to locate hidden items on the ground.
- If there are items on the ground, spots on the screens blinked, locating the items from where you are standing.
- The middle point is where you are standing (if the spots blink there, the hidden item is under you).
- Press 'A' button when it is in front of you to pick up the hidden item.
- You can find the key outside of Lake Valor Hotel and talk to the blondie outside her house.
- In X & Y, the dowsing machine is a device that projects two rods when an item is near. When the rods cross and turn red, press 'A' to pick up your item.
|List of Pokétch Apps|
|Digital Watch - Calculator - Memo Pad - Pedometer - Pokémon List|
|Friendship Checker - Dowsing Machine - Berry Searcher - Day-Care Checker - Pokémon History|
|Counter - Analog Watch - Marking Map - Link Searcher - Coin Toss|
|Move Tester - Calendar - Dot Artist - Roulette - Trainer Counter|
|Kitchen Timer - Color Changer - Matchup Checker - Stopwatch - Alarm Clock|
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.