Dawn caught Mamoswine as a Swinub. It was very gluttonous, but friendly to Dawn.
During a battle against a wild Aggron, Mamoswine got injured, but got healed in the process. Since then, Mamoswine obeyed Dawn again.
Mamoswine trained with Piplup as a partner once, but it did not go well. The same went for Pachirisu. Dawn's Cyndaquil was the one to work well the best with Mamoswine. During their practice battle against Zoey, Zoey's Kirlia used Psychic to control her Leafeon's Magical Leaf, defeating both Mamoswine and Cyndaquil.
Dawn started training Mamoswine, but it came up as an disaster. He used Ice Shard aiming to the sky, then it hit on his head, making it breaking into pieces and falls on his nose, which made Dawn's Piplup laugh. Mamoswine tried to take it out, then it hit a tree bark making it bounces it back. The Ice Shard hit on his forehead, Piplup continues laughing. Ash's Pikachu started laughing too, making Mamoswine angry and starts to chase them, Dawn tells him that he had enough of chasing Piplup and Pikachu. Mamoswine has left Dawn, making Dawn worrying and tells him to come back. Ash told them that they shouldn't be laughing at Mamoswine.
|This article has an incomplete plot/synopsis.
Reason: In-depth writing and citations..
Please help the Pokémon Wiki by expanding it.
- Mamoswine is the first Pokémon to appear evolved in an opening prior to its actual evolution being shown.
- Both of Mamoswine's evolutions happened during a battle with Team Rocket.
- Mamoswine, as a Swinub, has some similarities with May's Munchlax:
- Mamoswine is similar to Ash's Charizard in several aspects.
- Both Pokémon began disobeying their respective trainers after evolution, only to begin following orders again after facing another Pokémon who served them their first real defeat and severely injured them in the process, and required their trainers to nurse them back to health, which restored their loyalty.
- Both were the fifth capture of their trainers.
- Mamoswine is similar to Ash's Gliscor in several ways.
- Both were their Trainer's fifth capture in Sinnoh.
- Both are part of a Generation II evolution family.
- Both sat out of exactly three Contests/Gym battles before finally participating.
- Both are part Ground-type.