|“||From your perspective, it must seem that I am doing something terrible. I don't expect you to understand. But I must provide the Galar region with limitless energy to ensure everlasting prosperity. It is my purpose, my duty, my destiny!||”|
–Rose beginning to explain his motives, Pokémon Sword and Shield
Chairman Rose is a character that was introduced in Generation VIII. He is the chairman of the Galar Pokémon League, the main antagonist of Pokémon Sword and Shield, and the president of the Galar base organization Macro Cosmos.
Chairman Rose is a tall and handsome tan-skinned man with black hair, green eyes, and neatly trimmed facial hair. Despite his svelte appearance, he also has a round, portly belly (although it's barely visible when he wears his regular attire). Clothing-wise, Rose has one ear pierced and usually wears a sharp gray business suit, as befits his status and wealth. His suit consists of a gray vest with numerous black buttons, a gray overcoat with a single gold button, a white shirt, and a red tie. He also wears classy gray pants that match his suit, along with a gold and black belt, pointed red and black shoes, and a gold watch.
However, when Rose is "undercover," he wears an outfit that clashes with his suave appearance (and altogether does a very poor job of disguising him). His undercover outfit consists of black sunglasses, a black hat with Rose Tower's symbol on it, a white long-sleeved sweater, and blue-green shorts with white polka dots all over them.
While Rose is friendly, well-meaning, and charming, he is also extremely impatient, reckless, and prone to making foolish decisions. During the events of the games, he almost destroys the entire Galar region because he is unable to wait a single day for an event that will happen a thousand years in the future. While he is well-meaning, does what he thinks is best for everyone, and eventually does change his ways, he is short-sighted and unable to see the long-term consequences of his actions until it is too late. After Eternatus is subdued, he gives Macro Cosmos to Leon and turns himself in, either because he sees himself as a criminal or seeks psychological help.
According to Oleana, Chairman Rose once worked in a coal mine many years before founding Macro Cosmos.
|This article has an incomplete plot/synopsis.|
Please help the Pokémon Wiki by expanding it.
- Main article: Chairman Rose (Adventures)
- Main article: Chairman Rose (TW)
|Lv. 55||♂||Lv. 55||♂||Lv. 55||♂||Lv. 56||-||Lv. 57||♀||Lv. ?||-|
|Ability: Shell Armor||Ability: Iron Barbs||Ability:||Ability: Minus||Ability: Sheer Force||Ability: Unknown|
|Item: None||Item: None||Item: None||Item: None||Item: None||Item: ?|
|Drill Run||Gyro Ball||Iron Head||Gear Grind||Heavy Slam||-|
|Iron Head||Power Whip||Screech||Shift Gear||Iron Head||-|
|Megahorn||Body Press||Shadow Claw||Wild Charge||High Horsepower||-|
|Swords Dance||Curse||Throat Chop||Assurance||Zen Headbutt||-|
- When his battle soundtrack is carefully listened to, the words "Go Rose! Save everyone!" can be heard.
- Alternatively, the words "Rosa seda credo" can be heard. This can be interpreted from Latin as "The thorned rose's beliefs" or "Rose's thorned creed." It is unlikely that a definitive answer will be found without an official statement, however.
- Rose's name has a double meaning. The meaning comes from the Tudor Rose (a symbol of England) and/or the expression "every rose has its thorns," meaning that even good people and things can have negative or unpleasant aspects. In this case, Chairman Rose's "thorns" are his extreme and risky solution to Galar's upcoming energy crisis. In addition, Rose has a Ferrothorn, a Pokémon with literal thorns.
Major Villainous Teams
Major Villainous Teams