Castelia City is a sprawling city in the southern part of Unova with countless skyscrapers piercing the clouds, several piers which contain many boats. It is the largest city in the Unova region and one of the most populated city overall.
When traveling through Castelia City, the camera will zoom in and out, and when leaving, the camera will show Castelia City from a distance.
- Unnamed Oceanside Street - The street overlooking the ocean houses and the Pokémon Center in the east. Further along one will see the Battle Company building, where the employees are waiting to challenge the player character. Also on this road is the Passerby Analytics HQ; if the player character pops in they'll give more surveys for the player character's C-Gear.
- Castelia Street - The Unova GAME FREAK Headquarters are located here, where one can meet the game director and a few other developers. One of the game designers will challenge to a match after the player character has defeated the Elite Four. In the building opposite the GAMEFREAK HQ, a lady will give the player character's Pokémon a massage, making it more friendly.
- Central Plaza - Has a grand fountain. When the player character finds the three dancers around the city, they'll be here.
- Mode Street - The famous Casteliacone is sold here, but as it's extremely popular it's sold out every day apart from Tuesday; You have to go early on Tuesday mornings to obtain it, and only once a day. In Studio Castelia, an art gallery, a harlequin will give a berry if the player character shows him a Pokémon of the correct type.
- Narrow Street - Has Café Sonata. A shady man lurking behind the bins will give the TM Flash.
- Unnamed Gym Street - The Castelia City Gym is here, with Team Plasma's secret HQ in the building opposite.
Piers and Dock
The boats docked here can take to areas otherwise inaccessible.
- Cruise Dock - The Royal Unova is docked here. After beating the Champion, the player character is allowed to board for 1000.
- Prime Pier - Team Plasma's boat occasionally docks here.
- Unity Pier - If one has traded through the GTS, a boat will take to Unity Tower.
- Liberty Pier - A Liberty Pass, an event-only item, will allow the player character to board a ship to Liberty Garden, the home of Victini.
- Main article: Castelia City Gym
|Castelia Gym Leader|
|Insect Badge||TM76 (Struggle Bug)|
|Starter: Snivy||Starter: Tepig||Starter: Oshawott|
- Fresh Water
- Hyper Potion
- Lemonade (Visit Café Sonata)
- Quick Ball x3
- Scope Lens
- Smoke Ball
- Timer Ball x3
- TM44 Rest
- TM45 Attract
- TM70 Flash
- Yache Berry
- Leaf Stone/Fire Stone/Water Stone
- Exp. Share
- Soda Pop (Complete all surveys at Paaserby Analytics HQ)
- Amulet Coin
Black and White
Ash and Goh arrive there in "A Close Call... Practically!" through Goh's prize from the eating contest in the previous episode. Lucario and Cinderace chased after Team Rocket who had taken "Pikachu" throughout the city.
- Castelia City is based on Lower Manhattan, with Burgh's Gym (as he's an artist) possibly representing the Guggenheim Museum, MoMA, or the Whitney Museum.
- Although larger than Nimbasa City, there are more inhabitants in Nimbasa City than Castelia City. This also happens in the Kanto region with Celadon City surpassing Saffron City.
Caves and Mountains
Places of Interest
Abundant Shrine · Abyssal Ruins · Battle Subway · Castelia Park B2W2 · Castelia Sewers B2W2 · Casteliacone · Cold Storage · Desert Resort · Dreamyard · Entralink · Entree Forest · Floccesy Ranch B2W2 · Hidden Grotto B2W2 · Join Avenue B2W2 · Liberty Garden · Marine Tube B2W2 · Moor of Icirrus · Plasma Frigate B2W2 · Pokéstar Studios B2W2 · Relic Passage B2W2 · Royal Unova · Undella Bay B2W2 · Underground Ruins B2W2 · Virbank Complex B2W2 · White Treehollow B2W2
|Other regions: Kanto (Sevii Islands) · Johto · Hoenn · Sinnoh (Battle Zone) · Unova · Kalos · Alola · Galar (Isle of Armor · Crown Tundra)|