- Generation I - The bicycle can be obtained from the Bicycle Shop in Cerulean City, using the coupon obtained from talking to the chairman of the Pokémon Fan Club in Vermilion City.
- Generation II - The bicycle can be obtained from the Bicycle Shop in Goldenrod City.
- Generation III - The bicycle can be obtained from Rydel's Shop in Mauville City. Unlike the previous bikes, this generation features two bikes - Mach Bike and Acro Bike.
- The Mach Bike moves faster than the Acro Bike, although it starts off slowly at first, it can pick momentum, allowing it to climb up muddy walls.
- The Acro Bike is same as the normal bikes, however, it can do acrobatic acts like hopping on the ground. It can also allow users to hop up a hill (example: Jagged Pass) and jumping sideways on a plank (example: Route 119).
- Generation IV - The bicycle can be obtained from the owner of the Bicycle Shop by rescuing his Pokémon from the Galactic building in Eterna City. The bicycle have two gears of different speed - normal and fast. Press the 'B' button to change gear. The bicycle can ride on wooden planks. And at fast speed, it can climb muddy walls.
- Generation V - The player character receives their bicycle from the Day Care Man in Nimbasa City after defeating Team Plasma.
- Generation VI - The player character receives a bicycle from the bicycle shop in Cyllage City after answering a simple question. The player character can choose between a green or yellow bicycle. The color cannot be changed after it is chosen.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.