Banette is a possessed doll. Its body is a dark gray color. Its mouth has the appearance of a yellow zipper and it has a yellow star shaped tail. On the back of its head there is a "zigzag line", but no one knows what it is or what it might use it for. Mega Banette has purple sharp claws with black skin.
Banette is the evolved form of Shuppet as of level 37.
|Ruby and Sapphire||Sky Pillar||Rare|
|FireRed and LeafGreen||Trade||None|
|Diamond and Pearl||Routes 225, 226, and 227, Stark Mountain (Night only)||Uncommon|
|Platinum||Routes 225, 226, and 227, Stark Mountain (Night only)||Uncommon|
|HeartGold and SoulSilver||Safari Zone||Rare|
|Black and White||Evolve Shuppet||None|
|X and Y||Pokémon Village, Friend Safari||Rare|
|Sun and Moon||Transfer||None|
Side game locations
|Pokémon Channel||Springleaf Field|
|Pokémon Trozei!|| Endless Level 16|
Forever Level 65
Mr. Who's Den
|Red Rescue Team & Blue Rescue Team||Evolve from Shuppet|
|Explorers of Time & Explorers of Darkness||Sky Stairway (1F-49F)|
Mega Evolution Sprites
- Main article: Harley's Banette
Banette first appeared in anime under the ownership of Harley.
- Despite its Pokédex entries stating that can't open its mouth since its energy would escape, many Banette have been seen with their mouths open in the anime and their fainting sprites have also shown them with their mouths open and they can learn Screech, Sleep Talk, Round and Astonish, all of which, involve opening its mouth.
- Banette played a small part in Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers Of Sky's Special Episode "Igglybuff The Prodigy." He went exploring, along with Skorupi and Igglybuff, through the first dungeon.
- Despite Banette's zipper needing to stay closed in order to conserve energy, Banette's Pokémon-Amie animation also shows it unzipping and opening its mouth in order eat.
- Banette sometimes digest souls and eject them from the other end.
Banette is based on a castaway doll.
Banette's name is derived from the words "bane" and "marionette". Banette's Japanese name may derive from Geppetto, a fictional character who is most famous for creating and raising Pinocchio and jubaku, that stands for curse in Japanese.
- Pokémon.com Pokédex
- Legendary Pokémon data
- The Pokémon Database
- Pokémon Dream Pokédex data
- Psypokes Psydex data
|Generation III Pokémon|
|Other Pokémon: Kanto • Johto • Sinnoh • Unova • Kalos • Alola • Galar|