Baby Pokémon are basic Pokémon that are small, cannot breed and are pre-evolutions that were introduced in a generation later than the evolutions before them. However, Togepi, Riolu, and Toxel are the only exceptions, as they and their evolutions are Pokémon belonging to the same generation.
Baby Pokémon are mostly discovered through Eggs. Certain species can be produced when the evolution holds a certain type of incense. Occasionally, certain Baby Pokémon can be found in the wild in later generations or games such as Munchlax or Elekid.
List of Baby Pokémon and evolutions
|Pichu||Pikachu|| Raichu (Kantonian)|
|Mime Jr.|| Mr. Mime (Kantonian)
Mr. Mime (Galarian)
|Toxel|| Toxtricity (Amped)
Toxtricity (Low Key)
- Misty owned a Togepi as it was found as an Egg but has since evolved into a Togetic and was released just after evolving.
- May currently owns a Munchlax as she had caught it in the wild.
- Misty currently owns an Azurill that she received as an Egg and she usually keeps it at the Gym.
- James from Team Rocket caught a Mime Jr. as he lets it stay out with him sometimes and it is currently at Team Rocket HQ.
- Ash's Pikachu was once a wild Pichu four years prior to the start of his Trainer's journey as he evolved through gratitude that his adoptive family took him in and were very kind to him when he decided to leave them. Also, Pikachu brifley devovled into a Pichu, due to Dialga and Palkia influence, but changed back to his original stage when time and space were resotred.
- Goh caught a Mantyke and currently has it either at Cerise Park or on stand by when he needs it.
- Ash received his Riolu from Nurse Joy as an Egg but has since evolved into Lucario and usually has it with him. Also, Lucario temparlly reverted to Riolu, due to Dialga and Palkia influence, until they fixed the damaged they caused.
- Jessie's Wobbuffet devolved into a Wynaut, due to Dialga and Palkia influence, but reverted to its original stage when the two Legnerday Pokémon fixed the damaged.
- A wild Wynaut was around Blackthorn City but only a couple Pokémon only saw it and no people did.
- Casey caught a wild Elekid.
- Paul had his Elekid prior to returning to Sinnoh as it evolved into a Electabuzz then into Electivire.
- Nando raised a Budew as it evolved into a Roselia then into Roserade.
- Cameron had a Riolu that would usually stay outside its PokéBall but has since evolved into a Lucario.
- Korrina had her Riolu ever since she was little but has since evolved into a Lucario.
- Nini owns a Smoochum as one of her partners for her performances.
- Lusamine had her Cleffa since her children were young as she evolved into a Clefairy then into Clefable.
- Professor Burnet owns a Munchlax and has had it prior to marring Professor Kukui.
- Professor Amaranth has a Mime Jr.
- Lady Ilene owns a Mime Jr..
- A Riolu that can use Aura Sphere was being raised by a breeder but it wasn't caught by him.
- Harriet was followed by a Togepi, Tyrogue and Smoochum but she let them stay with her along with some other Pokémon permanently.
- Though not technically Baby Pokémon, certain Pokémon like Teddiursa, Eevee, Rufflet, Vullaby and Bounsweet are either often seen with Baby Pokémon or they have similar attributes to them.
- Pichu, Cleffa, Igglybuff, Togepi, Azurill and Munchlax evolve through High-Friendship.
- Smoochum, Elekid, Magby, Wynaut and Toxel evolve in a certain level.
- Tyrogue is the only Baby Pokémon to have a branch evolution.
- Budew, Chingling, Happiny and Riolu can only evolve through High-Friendship and if its in the day or night.
- Bonsly and Mime. Jr are the only Baby Pokémon that can evolve by knowing a certain move.
- Riolu is the only Baby Pokémon that evolves into a Semi-Pseudo-Legendary Pokémon and its evolution can Mega Evolve.
- Mantyke is the only Baby Pokémon that can evolve while having a certain Pokémon in the party.
- Riolu and Toxel are the only Baby Pokémon to have debuted in the same generation as their evolved forms. Also, they are the only Pokémon that can evolve into the Generation they originated from.
- Togepi, Tyrogue and Budew are the only Baby Pokémon that has one of their evolutions be one that originated from their home region while the other is not originated from their home region.
- Pichu and Mime Jr. are the only Baby Pokémon to have a Regional form as part of their evolution line.
- Toxel is the only Baby Pokémon that can evolve into a different form.
- Toxel is the only Baby Pokémon who hasn't yet appeared in the anime.