Baby Pokémon are basic Pokémon that are small, cannot breed and are pre-evolutions that were introduced in a generation later than the evolutions before them. However, Togepi, Riolu, and Toxel are the only exceptions, as they and their evolutions are Pokémon belonging to the same generation.
Baby Pokémon are mostly discovered through eggs. Certain species can be produced when the evolution holds a certain type of incense. Occasionally, certain Baby Pokémon can be found in the wild in later generations or games such as Munchlax or Elekid.
List of Baby Pokémon and evolutions
|Pichu||Pikachu|| Raichu (Normal)|
|Mime Jr.|| Mr. Mime (Normal)
Mr. Mime (Galarian)
|Toxel|| Toxtricity (Amped)
Toxtricity (Low Key)
- Misty owned a Togepi as it was found as an egg but has since evolved into a Togetic and was released just after evolving.
- May currently owns a Munchlax as she had caught it in the wild.
- Misty currently owns a Azurill that she received as an egg and she usually keep it at the Gym.
- James from Team Rocket caught a Mime Jr. and it is currently at Team Rocket HQ.
- Brock caught a Bonsly but has since evolved into a Sudowoodo as he either lets him still travel with him or at home. Brock also owned a Happiny that he won as an egg but she has since evolved into a Chansey and she currently resides at her Trainer's home.
- Ash's Pikachu was once a wild Pichu four years prior to the start of his Trainer's journey as he evolved through gratitude that his adoptive family took him in and were very kind to him when he decided to leave them.
- Goh caught a Mantyke and currently has it either at Cerise Park or on stand by when he needs it.
- Ash received his Riolu from Nurse Joy as an egg and usually has it with him.
- Though not technically Baby Pokémon, certain Pokémon like Teddiursa, Eevee, Rufflet, Vullaby and Bounsweet are either often seen with Baby Pokémon or they have similar attributes to them.
- Riolu and Toxel are the only baby Pokémon to have debuted in the same generation as their evolved forms.