Azalea Town (ヒワダタウン Hiwada Town) is a small, isolated town located on the southern peninsula of the Johto region.
The town is best known for being the residence of Kurt, a custom Poké Ball creator who makes rare Poké Balls out of apricorns. He lives in the north-western area on the east edge of Ilex Forest with his granddaughter.
Azalea Town features other notable locations as well, such as the Slowpoke Well. The Gym Leader of the town is Bugsy, a Bug-type trainer. His Pokémon include Metapod, Kakuna, and Scyther. The player's rival also appears at the gate to Ilex Forest, and a battle with him is required to pass. Azalea Town is also the only place at which Charcoal can be purchased.
In the games, this is where the player first encounters Team Rocket.
- Wht Apricorn
- Lure Ball (Dowsing Machine)
- Charcoal (from a house in the southwest part of the town after you capture the Farfetch'd for the boy in Ilex Forest)
- Full Heal
Places of Interest
List of Balls
- Love Ball: (Made by pink apricorns)
- Heavy Ball: (Made by black apricorns)
- Friend Ball: (Made by green apricorns)
- Fast Ball: (Made by white apricorns)
- Lure Ball: (Made by blue apricorns)
- Moon Ball: (Made by yellow apricorns)
- Level Ball: (Made by red apricorns)
Azalea Town Gym
- See Azalea Town Gym
Azalea Town appears to be based on the real-world city of Tsu, Mie, Japan. It is located in roughly the same place, and the azalea is the official flower of Tsu.
Place of Interest
Sprout Tower · Ruins of Alph · Goldenrod Radio Station · Goldenrod Department Store · National Park · Bell Tower · Burned Tower · Glitter Lighthouse · S.S. Aqua · Lake of Rage · Team Rocket HQ · Battle Tower C · Battle Frontier HGSS · Cliff Edge Gate HGSS · Embedded Tower HGSS · Pokéathlon Dome HGSS · Safari Zone HGSS
|Kanto (Sevii Islands) · Johto · Hoenn · Sinnoh (Battle Zone) · Unova · Kalos · Alola · Galar|