This Galarian Farfetch'd is a Fighting-type Pokémon owned by Ash Ketchum and the first Pokémon he caught in the Galar region, as well as the fourth Pokémon he caught during his journey around the world with Goh.
Farfetch'd is a competitive and experienced battler who's always looking to push its limits, even when it's at a disadvantage. Ever since meeting and battling it, Farfetch'd has come to consider Riolu its sparring partner, much like Ash's Scraggy being sparring partners with Iris' Axew. Also, similar to Riolu, Farfetch'd was known to pick fights with other Pokémon prior to being captured.
It is mostly known for making a "bring it on" ("come on" in Japanese) gesture when challenging its opponents to a combat.
Both behave as rivals and training partners to each other as fellow Fighting-type Pokémon.
Before encountering Ash and Goh, Farfetch'd had managed to defeat a trainer's Chewtle. Goh tried to catch it and ordered his Kantonian Farfetch'd to battle against it, but both attempts failed due to the Galarian Farfetch'd being more experienced. In the beginning, Farfetch'd saw through the strategies of Ash's Riolu and beat it up.
However, Farfetch'd was beaten by Riolu, who after some encouragement from Ash, turned the tables around. Farfetch'd was cheered on by Ash and wanted to continue, but ended up passing out due to fatigue. After being healed at a Pokémon Center, Farfetch'd was deeply impressed by Ash's battling skills, and allowed itself to be captured by him. After being brought out of its Poké Ball, Farfetch'd sparred with Riolu as it came to see it as a good training partner.
Farfetch'd was later seen eating breakfast with the group. However, a wild Sobble is secretly stealing food, Farfetch'd believed that Goh's Farfetch'd stole the food. When Sobble revealed itself, it became timid and cried excessively, making everyone, including both Farfetch'd, crying. It went on a search party for the Sobble and found it hiding in the water fountain where Goh unintentionally captured it.
Farfetch'd was brought out for training practice to train against Riolu but was quickly taken out by Riolu's Reversal.
Ash later brought out Farfetch'd during the first round of his battle against Bea. It went up against her Hawlucha. In the end, Farfetch'd lost due to the fact that it couldn’t stop the momentum of it's leak, leaving it open to Hawlucha's Flying Press, which knocked it out. After Ash lost the battle, he apologized to Farfetch'd and Riolu, promising they would get revenge and win the next time they meet. 
Farfetch'd later helped Ash's Riolu in his training in order to win against Bea in a rematch.
- Shin-ichiro Miki (Japanese)
- Farfetch'd marks the first time Ash has caught a Regional variant of a previous Pokémon.
- Farfetch'd is Ash's first Pokémon to know a Dark-type move that is neither Bite nor Crunch.
- Farfetch'd is Ash's first capture in a brand new region since his Heracross in Johto that isn't a -type or a Starter Pokémon.
- While it isn't an actual
-type, it is still a bird, keeping that tradition alive.
- It is also the first Galar Pokémon owned by Ash, making it his first Generation VIII Pokémon.
- While it isn't an actual
- Farfetch'd is the second Pokémon after Ash's Incineroar to faint standing up.
- While not technically a Pokémon who speaks human language, it frequently says "Kamon" as "come on" while beckoning its opponent to challenge it in combat, in reference to its Japanese name "Kamonegi". This can only be heard in the original Japanese dub.
At Oak's Lab
At Kukui's house
At Cerise Laboratory