EvolutionAltaria evolves from Swablu starting at level 35. It can further evolve into Mega Altaria using its Mega Stone.
|Ruby and Sapphire||Sky Pillar||Rare|
|FireRed and LeafGreen||Trade||None|
|Diamond and Pearl||Evolve Swablu||None|
|HeartGold and SoulSilver||Evolve Swablu||None|
|Black and White||Route 14||Rare|
Mega Evolution Sprites
AnimeAltaria first appears in Sky High Gym Battle as one of Winona's Pokémon that she uses in battle against Ash Ketchum.
It makes minor appearances in Jirachi: Wish Maker where it is seen as one of the Pokémon that lives in Forina. A Swablu was injured and belonged to a flock of Altaria in True Blue Swablu. It appeared again in Lucario and the Mystery of Mew in a flock with many Swablu. In Pokémon Ranger - Deoxys Crisis, a flock an Altaria appeared and the Altaria went mad and Solana caught one to snap the mad Altaria out of their haywireness. An Altaria was seen in A Meteoric Rise to Excellence! where Wilma was training it.
- Altaria is the only Dragon/ type Pokémon that is neither a Legendary nor a Pseudo-Legendary Pokémon.
- Altaria is possibly based on a cockatrice (a dragon/rooster hybrid from mythology).
- Although its Emerald Pokédex entry states that it launches fireballs from its mouth, Altaria can't learn any Fire type moves via level up.
- Altaria is the only Dragon-type Pokémon that can learn Sky Attack.
- Altaria is the only Dragon-type Pokémon to evolve from a Normal-type.
- As Mega Altaria, it is the only Dragon-type Pokémon that is completely immune to Dragon-type moves, due to also being part Fairy.
Its name is a mix between alto, meaning high, and aria, which is a song or part of a song that is written for only one singer. It may also come from Altair, a star whose name means "The one who flies".
- Pokémon.com Pokédex
- Legendary Pokémon data
- The Pokémon Database
- Pokémon Dream Pokédex data
- Psypokes Psydex data
|Generation III Pokémon|
|Other Pokémon: Kanto • Johto • Sinnoh • Unova • Kalos • Alola • Galar|