Ace Trainer is a Trainer Class introduced in Generation I as a Cool Trainer, but was later called an Ace Trainer from Generation IV onwards. They are men and women who are skilled just like the player character and are found between mid-to-end game.
Like the player, they want to defeat the Champion and become the new Champion of their region. They are very common in all regions in every game and usually appear in the last gym of the game. Since they have very intelligent AIs compared to other trainers, they tend to use skilled Pokémon and, like the player, Gym Leaders, etc., switch out their Pokémon when needed.
|Gen. I Male Battle Sprite||
||Gen. I Female Battle Sprite||
||Gen. II Male Battle Sprite||
||Gen. II Female Battle Sprite|
|Gen. III Male Battle Sprite||
||Gen. III Female Battle Sprite||
||FRLG Male Battle Sprite||
||FRLG Female Battle Sprite|
|Gen. IV Male Battle Sprite||
||Gen. IV Female Battle Sprite||
||DPPtHGSS Male (Snow) Sprite||
||DPPtHGSS Female (Snow) Sprite|
|| || |
|HGSS Male Battle Sprite||
||HGSS Female Battle Sprite||
||Gen. V Male Battle Sprite||
||Gen. V Female Battle Sprite|
- Ace Trainers are called Double Teams when two Ace Trainers battle you in a double battle.
- Although, in Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire, two Ace Trainers, one male and one female, are called Ace Duos. This is first seen in the dark room of the Trick House.
- They are one of the few trainers that frequently use items in battle.
- This is the only class which has the most trainers in every game.
- Pokémon Sword and Shield are the only main series games that doesn’t have Ace Trainers.
- In Diamond and Pearl, Ace Trainers are found on the way to Veilstone City.
- In Pokémon Adventures (Gold & Silver arc), young Pryce resembled the male Snow Ace Trainer.
- In Pokémon Platinum, Snow Ace trainers appear in the Battle Frontier, despite there being no snowy weather there.
- Rafe resembles the FireRed and LeafGreen Male Ace Trainer.
- The outfits Dexio and Sina wore resemble the X and Y Ace Trainers.