The ??? type is a glitch type. There are, as of yet, no official Pokémon with this type, but all Glitch Pokémon have this type. Otherwise, it was used from Generation II to Generation IV. It was neutral to every other type both offensively and defensively.
Pokémon with the ??? typing:
- Eggs that haven't hatched (only from Generation II to Generation IV)
- A hacked Arceus with a sprite that indicates it is ??? type
- Sylveon was listed as ??? type in a promotional picture before the official release of the Fairy-type.
- A Generation VII Pokémon transferred into Pokémon X and Y or Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire is sometimes listed as a ??? type, though this is listed as a placeholder rather than an actual type due to the type of the Pokémon being unidentified.
Moves with the ??? typing:
- Curse in Generation II through IV. It later became a Ghost-type move starting in Generation V.
- Weather Ball (only if used while Shadow Sky is in play in Pokémon XD: Gale of Darkness)
|This article is a stub.
Please help the wiki by expanding it.
|Only exists within Generation II – IV: · Only exists within Colosseum and XD: Shadow|